• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Rumor...2 Pleasure Island Clubs to be leveled

Don't even get me started on the cleaning lady and her "reimagining" of DTD and PI.

I guess I'm just thinking they'll bring it back in some form.

Ok, I admit that I am a bit of a pessimist. :rolleyes1
Someone posted on a friend's Facebook page that for all we know, they could be clearing the area to build a more expansive version of the club. I guess we can still dream until we know for sure. :wizard:

Can't wait to see what they build.
Glad they are knocking it down it looks bad siting there.

I'm psyched about the personalized underwear store!! I'm getting some thong undies with "The Streak" stitched on them.

I am so glad that in between my frequent trips as a kid and frequent trip as a parent I got in ONE really good trip in 1999 as a yound cool adult. I got to do AC and Alien Encounter. THey were both fabulous. I had just turned 21 and all of Pleasure Island was so much fun. The comedy club did a whole musical about my boyfriend and me and we went to AC at least twice. And Alien Encounter still remains the most scared I have ever been. Loved it! Miss you both!

I said this in another thread: This is like finding out a friend who you haven't seen in a while passed away...

It could well be paving the way for something MARVEL-ous.

Since it's not technically a theme park, the area could be home to a restaurant/bar/club featuring the Marvel comic characters Disney is now allowed to use.

Spidey's Web, Hulk's Haunt... Something like that....
This is one of the major problems Disney had with the whole DTD thing.

They could never figure out if it was going to be a bar scene for adults or a kiddie place. So, they went with both and attempted "Family Friendly Bars" and you just can't have both. It was argued to death on the boards: Should kids be in bars?

Disney needs to pick. Do they want a hopping nightlife with all the unsavory things that come with it? Do they want family-friendly? What?

They never figured that out. They went back and forth on whether or not to include locals in the scene.

The reason it all failed is that Disney just never had any idea what they wanted to do.

IMO, they should go with family-friendly and leave the adult stuff over at Uni. I am longing for Disney to return to a more wholesome image...but I probably have about as much chance of that as they folks thinking they shut down AC to build a new, better AC have of that happening.

Was walking past Adventurer's Club on Wednesday 10/20 and there were surveyers out pointing their thing at the Adventurer's club.

I'm looking forward to something new and hopefully good though I am fully prepared to be disappointed. I never had any desire to do the Pleasure Island thing. Other than the Adventure Club (which I never really felt like doing anyway) there was nothing there I couldn't do at home...probably cheaper.

If the AC were moved into one of the parks and was included with your park admission it would be cool to try but not for an additional charge. If they wanted to they could make it work (from what I have heard about it) inside the Animal Kingdom. That would also give AK something else to draw in crowds based on how many people I see miss it and that park needs the help. I can only speak for me but I usually head over to do Dinosaur, EE, only sometimes the Rapids and Safari, and leave.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter