New Rumor...2 Pleasure Island Clubs to be leveled

Farewell AC, thanks for the great memories. :sad1:

Here's hoping for something good. I guess I'd be looking for something along the lines of adult entertainment. Shopping and dining are nice, but DTD is so full of it right now it really needs something more adult oriented. A comedy or dance club with cover charges would be welcomed. Only time will tell.

Here's hoping for something good. I guess I'd be looking for something along the lines of adult entertainment. Shopping and dining are nice, but DTD is so full of it right now it really needs something more adult oriented. A comedy or dance club with cover charges would be welcomed. Only time will tell.

Do you think they will do this though? They had a comedy and dance club and they closed them. I think we are going to see retail...non-Disney retail, space they can lease out, but not have to worry about managing or maintaining. I hope not, but it won't surprise me.

Disney already had that in Pleasure Island and closed it. Idiots. It seems they don't care about their adult visitors, only families with small children. :rolleyes:

I was such a huge fan of the Adventurers Club, that this news only makes me sadder. When I see what some of the club people are doing now (thankful they still have jobs with Disney), it makes me think, "Wow, this is such a waste of their talent!" :sad2:

Do you think they will do this though? They had a comedy and dance club and they closed them. I think we are going to see retail...non-Disney retail, space they can lease out, but not have to worry about managing or maintaining. I hope not, but it won't surprise me.

Disney already had that in Pleasure Island and closed it. Idiots. It seems they don't care about their adult visitors, only families with small children. :rolleyes:

I was such a huge fan of the Adventurers Club, that this news only makes me sadder. When I see what some of the club people are doing now (thankful they still have jobs with Disney), it makes me think, "Wow, this is such a waste of their talent!" :sad2:
I guess I'm just thinking they'll bring it back in some form.

Why on earth don't Disney, just for once, admit that they were wrong and reopen the Adventurers Club? There are enough of us on this board alone to keep it open for the next 10 years!!!

Why on earth don't Disney, just for once, admit that they were wrong and reopen the Adventurers Club? There are enough of us on this board alone to keep it open for the next 10 years!!!

Because it was a money loser for several years until they announced it was closing. If they bring it back it will do well for a few months then return to the same old pattern.

I was never a fan of AC and wasn't sorry to see it close, but I have been sad to see other things go and can sympathize with the people who mourn its loss.

Had they re-opened it, I wouldn't have cared, but would have been happy for others.

Since they aren't re-opening it, something new is better than empty buildings sitting there.

I hope it is something good.

Kungaloosh! Adventurer's Club may you rest in piece.:sad2:

I loved that place and was always trying to get my reluctant family to go.

"Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you, but always dress for the hunt!"

Merriweather Adam Pleasure

I just hope they build something good !!!
It's been pretty sad to see Pleasure Island lifeless for the past 2 years :sad2:

It could well be paving the way for something MARVEL-ous.

Since it's not technically a theme park, the area could be home to a restaurant/bar/club featuring the Marvel comic characters Disney is now allowed to use.

Spidey's Web, Hulk's Haunt... Something like that....

One alternative might be adult-focused clubs built and managed by third parties, with Disney serving solely as landlord. Tearing down existing structures would clear the decks for third-party operators to build/design to match their own brand identities.

I think the problem with the Adventurers Club was/is that it's very difficult to make money with that format. Tables don't turn fast enough, so gross per table is comparatively low; and staffing costs for an AC-type venue are substantially higher than for other restaurants and clubs.

It could well be paving the way for something MARVEL-ous.

Since it's not technically a theme park, the area could be home to a restaurant/bar/club featuring the Marvel comic characters Disney is now allowed to use.

Spidey's Web, Hulk's Haunt... Something like that....

My kid would love being served his chicken nuggets and french fries by Cyclops.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter