New push to retheme more Disney rides (Tiki Room, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan)

Haven’t they damage the Tiki room enough? Why is Tennessee still wearing a confederate uniform?

Jungle Cruise was my favorite ride as a small child. First time I went on it as an adult, I decided I was one lame kid, lol. Now, I like it for what it is and I appreciate the captains. But that ride has long been overdue for a refresh. And if they remove the dumb and outdated views about "natives", I am fine with that.

Well, if your measure of time is appropriately infinite, then you're probably right

Nah I'd say within 20 years for sure but it could be much sooner than that depending on how things shake out over the coming years. There are people threatening to take down Mount Rushmore. You think Walt is somehow immune from all this?

Last edited:
One of our big problems with Disney is everything is so old. Most of Disney my kids have not heard of.. of course they are boys so they are unfamiliar with most princesses movies especially ones from the 40s and so on. I think thats why they loved universal they knew almost every movie apart from meeting Lucy Arnzez and Marilyn Manroe. As sad is it to see the old go for me I know my children and future children will really appreciate it. For me it has nothing to do with racial undertones or political moves.

One of our big problems with Disney is everything is so old. Most of Disney my kids have not heard of.. of course they are boys so they are unfamiliar with most princesses movies especially ones from the 40s and so on. I think thats why they loved universal they knew almost every movie apart from meeting Lucy Arnzez and Marilyn Manroe. As sad is it to see the old go for me I know my children and future children will really appreciate it. For me it has nothing to do with racial undertones or political moves.

That's fair but what Disney needs to do then is make better movies with characters that people fall in love with. They haven't done that in a very long time which is why you see people so emotionally attached to older characters.

That's fair but what Disney needs to do then is make better movies with characters that people fall in love with. They haven't done that in a very long time which is why you see people so emotionally attached to older characters.

Personally think they have...just haven't integrated into the park. Moana made almost 700mil in the box office, but yet not represented in the parks (though I think something is coming to epcot with it?)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter