New policy: No young kids at Victoria & Albert's

Since V&A is not a theme park restaurant, I'm moving this over to the Dining & Restaurants board.

Thanks!

Knox

I already posted it there. Just thought it would be of interest here as the discussion of adults-only dining has been brought up many times on the theme parks board.

I'm sure there will be lots of parents whose little Angels absolutely LOVE V&A and NEVER misbehave or make noise who wil complain loudly and vocally about this move.

V&A is out of my price range, so it's accademic to me, but I have always been in favor of making a few resort restaurants adults-only, and not just the expensive signature places like V&A.

I thought that was already the policy. Oh well. :)

I would never take a small child in there, and I have never even been. I know my little darlings would be horrible. ;)

Sandra

Well-I'm always hard pressed to tell how old a kid might be. That said, I've only seen kids at V&A twice in all the times we've been going there since 1988. Both were "young" girls that I'd guess to have been 12 or so. One was with what looked to be her mother and sat quietly enjoying her meal. The other was with what looked to be her parents. She seemed bored out of her mind, getting up from time to time, walking over to each parent and putting her head on their respective shoulders. I kinda felt sorry for her.
Anyway--the new policy probably wouldn't have kept either of those children out of V&A and will probably affect only a small few who had ideas of bringing VERY young kids to V&A.

I think this is a great move on the part of V&A management and applaud them not only for listening to their guests, but taking action based on the wishes of their guests.

The first time we ate in the dining room at V&A there was a woman there with an older woman and two small children ( guessing ages 3 and 6 ) and it was not a pleasant experience - flatware flying, china dropping on the floor, table tag... you get the picture. Luckily for the rest of the guests and for the children they all left after the first course was served.

I see nothing wrong with setting this kind of age limit for a 5-star restaurant - guests are paying for ambience just as much as they are paying for food when they dine at an establishment like V&A.

Well if Disney inforces this like they do the dress code at signature restaurants, :mad: then I am sure you will have no issue bringing a 3 year old to V & A's. :scared1:

B.

Well if Disney inforces this like they do the dress code at signature restaurants, :mad: then I am sure you will have no issue bringing a 3 year old to V & A's. :scared1:

B.

Ugh, unfortunately you are absolutely right. Though I suppose this one would be a bit more obvious to others when it has been broken. I do wish they would stick to their guns more on that. Why make it a policy if you aren't going to enforce it?

B.

Except Victoria and Albert's does enforce a dress code. They won't allow any men to dine there unless they were wearing a sport jacket at the very least. I definitely think V&A would enforce this policy, too.

I think this is a great idea. We are going there on our next trip and would not even think about bringing our kids to this resteraunt. 1) they would not enjoy the food and 2) these types of resteraunts are feel are more appropriate for adults and teens if they like the food options (my older DD does not and will be staying back at the room with the younger two)

As a parent, I feel that there are certain resteraunts that are appropriate young children and certain ones that are not and therfore I have no problem with them making this policy to ensure that the people who do dine here have the enjoyable experience that they are expecting.

I have never been and do have two young girls. I am sure they would behave perfectly if we ever were to take them there but I agree with the decision. Some places should be adults only.

I think is is perfectly fine to change V&A to an adult only restaurant.

Disney Cruise Line has been doing this for practically a decade now with Palo, and they DO enfore it there. I hope it's the same for V & A...haven't eaten there yet, but I plan to and this will make me do so even more quickly. That was the one really weird thing at California Grill...here I am in a high-end restaurant and my table's nearly getting knocked over by the Hell Family's kids who keep running back and forth past it because they are bored out of their little (and I do mean little) minds.

B.

Absolutely!
Why make rules (which I always stick to) yet not enforce them?

Dress codes in restaurants ?
Heeleys (sp)?
Dress code in parks (I think this has been done away with - used to be no bikini tops, men had to wear shirts etc)

I think Disney is currently making rules but not enforcing many. Slippery slope.

When we went many years ago that was the policy? So they started letting kids in?
I like that it was adults only and I have 4 kids! I would never take them there even though they are perfect angels. :rotfl2: I figure we can go back there when they all go to college.

What do you mean I can't take my kids here? DS31, DS28 and DS26 are going to be destroyed over this as it's their favorite place to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter