New Pixie Dust Pass is a Joke

But that's not the majority of Floridians. Personally if you are health care worker after the year that's gone down, they should get in the parks for free or least at a discount. I do have a friend whose husband works as a teacher and Sea world gives them a fantastic discount. They go all the time there. Disney I think they've been once.

While the Pixie pass is a good price on the base. I don't think it would work for me. And I can't wrap around paying more for more block days on the other pass. Also for me it's the Chicka -fil-a syndrome, you always want to go when you can't
There is a difference between what they said " It's perfect for the majority of Floridians who live on social security and have nothing but free time" and how you seem to have read it "the majority of Floridians are on social security and have nothing but free time". Of those who are retired and have nothing but free time, this pass would offer a great value.

I have purchased the Weekday Select pass several times and this edition is certainly worse if you have kids in Florida schools and like to pick off some days using this pass. March now has a blockout week and all the secondary weekday holidays that used to be available are blocked.

Summer is no longer blocked out, but many Florida residents shun those weeks.

The Pirate Pass also has more blockout dates, including a week in March.

There may be a one-time way to around some of these blockout dates by buying a ticket, going during the blocked-out times, and then upgrading to an annual pass. I have read that you can now upgrade tickets to annual passes online, but have yet to see how this works.

I have upgraded a regular ticket to an annual pass in the past, but I was actually at the parks to do it.

I have purchased the Weekday Select pass several times and this edition is certainly worse if you have kids in Florida schools and like to pick off some days using this pass. March now has a blockout week and all the secondary weekday holidays that used to be available are blocked.

Summer is no longer blocked out, but many Florida residents shun those weeks.

The Pirate Pass also has more blockout dates, including a week in March.

There may be a one-time way to around some of these blockout dates by buying a ticket, going during the blocked-out times, and then upgrading to an annual pass. I have read that you can now upgrade tickets to annual passes online, but have yet to see how this works.

I have upgraded a regular ticket to an annual pass in the past, but I was actually at the parks to do it.

I will add that if you are a Florida resident, this pass is still the best value and I'm sure plenty of non-Florida residents wish they could buy it.

It's basically the same as the lowest (non-SoCal) tier of Magic Key, which is what we're getting. We try to avoid parks on the weekends, so for us it's the best option: less money for something we were doing anyway. AND Pixie Pass is just over half the cost of the same option in California, so. Not every product has to be for every person - that's literally why they have tiers. Otherwise they would just make it Platinum or Nothing and people would be complaining about there not being options.

To OP, sounds like Buyer Beware. I certainly hope that you don’t make other major purchases without research….the information was published BY DISNEY in advance not to mention all the other social media. Cheap is not always the best….Yugo vs Audi? Sounds to me like you went for cheap and got burned. The pass is not right for you and you want sympathy on the boards

To OP, sounds like Buyer Beware. I certainly hope that you don’t make other major purchases without research….the information was published BY DISNEY in advance not to mention all the other social media. Cheap is not always the best….Yugo vs Audi? Sounds to me like you went for cheap and got burned. The pass is not right for you and you want sympathy on the boards

I didn't buy the pass. I pulled up the info and said it was a joke.

Was it a joke when it was called the weekday select pass? Its a cheap pass SPECIFICALLY for people looking to visit during the week, not a cheap pass for college students.

It's not a joke, it's a product that isn't for you.

I never researched a "weekday pass" as it was never something I would be interested in. What I do know is the commercial on my TV, here in Tampa, advertises this specifically using the terminology for Florida Residents, $19 a month. So that is why I was interested in it, only to find out it isn't a good deal at all for the majority of working families or those with children attending traditional school

I didn't buy the pass. I pulled up the info and said it was a joke.

This is a classic example of the different customer profiles Disney has. Customer profiles are a part of marketing where a company makes up a fictional ideal customer. It is part of my job to create customer profiles for clients. Some customer profiles can be very detailed, things like gender, name, age, relationship status, amount, ages and gender of children, area they live in, income are standard. Disney would also have company specific information such as the day of the week the person visits, how much they spend on food and merchandise, the types of rides, entertainment etc they are interested in and so much.

The information on the customer profile is based on facts and knowledge of the customers that the company has gathered from various sources.

Then the company creates a product or service for this person.

It always amuses me when people get angry about a product or service being too expensive or that they cant use the product or service because the terms and conditions are too strict or don't make sense.

Disney are targeting a specific set of people with this particular ticket. If you feel the terms and conditions dont work for you, then you are not the person that Disney wants to buy this ticket. Its just Marketing 101!!

I never researched a "weekday pass" as it was never something I would be interested in. What I do know is the commercial on my TV, here in Tampa, advertises this specifically using the terminology for Florida Residents, $19 a month. So that is why I was interested in it, only to find out it isn't a good deal at all for the majority of working families or those with children attending traditional school
Do you understand that there are (I believe) two types of Florida resident pass? I think this is why other posters are confused. I bought the Pirate Pass, which allows Florida residents to go on weekends, with blockout dates. The Pixie Pass is good for people who want to save even more money in exchange for not going on the weekends. Why would you be annoyed that Disney offers several options? Are you just disgruntled that this wasn’t laid out in the commercial?

Are you just disgruntled that this wasn’t laid out in the commercial?

Seems to me that that the OP wants a discount ticket to the parks but still wants all the benefits of a full price ticket and is angry that Disney advertised a discount ticket but it does not give access to the parks when the OP wants to go.

Seems to me that that the OP wants a discount ticket to the parks but still wants all the benefits of a full price ticket and is angry that Disney advertised a discount ticket but it does not give access to the parks when the OP wants to go.
I get that, but I guess I just feel…them’s the breaks? Like I said in my post I have the Pirate Pass and it includes days I can’t go but I accept that as a trade off for a good discount. I’m genuinely confused on what there is to be annoyed about here.

The cheapest pass will always have the most block out dates and you’ve got 4 different passes to choose from, 3 specifically for Florida residents only. Check out the dates for the Pirate Pass (next tier up). There seems to be lots of weekend dates not blocked out. Probably a better fit.

We spend most of our time in Pennsylvania and the Pixie pass is still a huge bargain for us! We will use it this December and again in Sept/Oct of 2022. Our December trip will cost less than 40.00 a day per person. Our family of 6 is getting in for a little less for $240.00 a day. Tickets for December trip are close to 2640.00. I had reservations for December and our tickets were 634.00 a person for 10 days, total 3804.00. If we only use them for our trip in December we are saving 1164.00. Using them again next fall will make the deal even sweeter. I do agree that the Pixie pass may not be the best option for everyone and I'm thankful people have other options but for our family its a fantastic deal.

When I became a passholder 2 years ago, I specifically bought the weekday select pass and found taking weekday vacations to WDW to be fantastic! Arrive Monday after the weekend crowds went home, leave Thursday before the weekend crowds arrive. It fits my life perfectly! Only reason I upgraded to Gold was for the photopass but now with the new APs, I'll probably go back to the Pixie Dust pass and add-on photopass.
It's perfect for me, I have no complaints. I wouldn't want to be in-park on weekends anyway.
As an out of state visitor I usually book a Sun/Mon-Th/Fri type of combo as well and try to avoid weekends for prices and crowds. Saturday night highest resort prices and biggest crowds wherever you go. And Sunday return flight prices are always the highest as well.

Whose angry ? Dude making up things that isn’t there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter