• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Pearl tier benefits

Just wait, 10 years from now when there are to many Pearls, they will introduce the Opal tier. 50 sailings. Will include all the perks of Pearl, but you get to book new cruises 5 days before public, book experience 124 days before sailing, and get an exclusive keychain! (No opals on the keychain, sorry)
You know how very close you are to the likely truth, don’t you? 👍

Man, I know that feeling. When we hit Elite on Princess, we got a free minibar (or if you don't drink, you get free specialty coffees) and most importantly, free laundry!
Even a handful of free specialty coffee or one load of laundry would have been better than what they did. I really wonder the statistics on how many people who have already been on MORE than 25 DCL cruises bother to take photos much less buy them.

Even a handful of free specialty coffee or one load of laundry would have been better than what they did. I really wonder the statistics on how many people who have already been on MORE than 25 DCL cruises bother to take photos much less buy them.
I am platinum (DW is Pearl though!), and quite honestly, I didn't even know they had a photo package...

We have been on 28 DCL and never bought a photo

How about a choice? Free Wi-Fi, or free photo package or free specialty coffee per day. Then everyone would be happy:)
Because photos cost Disney the least amount of money, and of those options is the least likely to be redeemed. It's the illusion of giving you something without actually spending any money or effort. If they gave you free Wi-Fi every single pearl would take advantage of it, and Disney still has to pay the bill with the satellite data provider.

Photos probably cost then ten cents a piece...and that's if they print them! If all I do is give you access to them digitally it literally costs them nothing.

Yes maybe
free wifi
biggest discount on onboard purchases
and no port arrival time would have been better
I mean don’t get me wrong nobody forces you to cruise
but loyalty to the cruise line after 25 dcl and more should be shown more appreciation

Which ship? What did it entail? Still handing out the Rice Krispie treats?
I think a drink and Rice Krispie treat. It was in the WD theater and we watched a presentation. I barely remember, so thinking I took a snooze.

Because photos cost Disney the least amount of money, and of those options is the least likely to be redeemed. It's the illusion of giving you something without actually spending any money or effort. If they gave you free Wi-Fi every single pearl would take advantage of it, and Disney still has to pay the bill with the satellite data provider.

Photos probably cost then ten cents a piece...and that's if they print them! If all I do is give you access to them digitally it literally costs them nothing.
If other cruise lines can offer free drinks, laundry etc. Why is DCL so cheap? They always give us this warm fuzzy speech about people returning to Disney because of the crew. The bigger the ships get the less that matters. The interaction you have with the crew on the Magic is vastly different than the Wish.

I think a drink and Rice Krispie treat. It was in the WD theater and we watched a presentation. I barely remember, so thinking I took a snooze.
I was at the same reception. We got a free drink, a free rice krispy treat and a presentation by some of the frozen actors. It was interesting, but not enough to attend another reception on our next cruise - the 8 night Bermuda cruise on the fantasy.

On the 9-night Southern on the Fantasy we got a whole Aladdin presentation where they showed us a scene from the play and then they showed it again but with all the lights up and all the tech cues out loud. It was actually super cool to see a sort of behind the scenes thing. It was actually a highlight activity for us.

The interaction you have with the crew on the Magic is vastly different than the Wish.
My interactions with the crew on the Magic were no different than my interactions with the crew on the Dream and Fantasy. I can't imagine that the crew on the Wish would be any different.

Folks here keep pretending that the Wish is some kind of super ship. It's barely larger than the Dream. The crew size on the Wish is actually a bit larger than on the Dream, despite the passenger count barely increasing. The Wish is just a fancy Dream with new tech and new layouts.

My interactions with the crew on the Magic were no different than my interactions with the crew on the Dream and Fantasy. I can't imagine that the crew on the Wish would be any different.

Folks here keep pretending that the Wish is some kind of super ship. It's barely larger than the Dream.
I find the smaller ships more intimate. To each their own. I've taken many long cruises on the smaller ships it's much different interaction with the staff.

I see very few people in the platinum line sailing out of Florida. When we showed up at PC last month the platinum line was empty. It's only the unique itinerary's like Hawaii, Quebec, Transatlantic etc where the platinum line is longer than the regular line. I don't even care about being in group 1. I just like to be able to board whenever I get there and not worry about a PAT time.

You forgot Southern Caribbean. Ours in July was filthy with Platinums :rotfl2:Left out of PC.

If you don't want to worry about a PAT time, book a suite on Celebrity. I find most of the benefits for the various tiers on Celebrity to just be OK, because many of those benefits are already included in a suite, and so far that's what we have always booked. Royal may be the same.

Folks here keep pretending that the Wish is some kind of super ship. It's barely larger than the Dream. The crew size on the Wish is actually a bit larger than on the Dream, despite the passenger count barely increasing. The Wish is just a fancy Dream with new tech and new layouts.
The only ship we haven't sailed on is the Wonder.

The people who are intent on disliking the Wish will continue to voice their opinions as loudly as possible. We felt the level of service on the Wish was just as impeccable as the other 4 ships we've sailed on. With DCL its always been "Where do we want to go?" Which i what usually decides the ship for us.

We are at 8 cruises, another lifetime away from Pearl. It would have been nice to see a few more upgrades in perks (Free laundry, free Remy/Enchente, or even an OBC?) but at the end of the day, all companies are slimming down their free offerings and making rewards more challenging to use. The photos is a nice savings if you use it. That's $200 bucks per sailing so not terrible. We don't take enough pictures for that but some certainly do.

At the end of the day, Disney has every right to offer whatever they want for their Return cruisers. They could offer nothing at all and we would just have to deal with that. If you want different perks, you'll have to sail with a line that offers them. I doubt we'll see any sort of change in this regard on Disney's side anytime soon.

The people who are intent on disliking the Wish will continue to voice their opinions as loudly as possible. We felt the level of service on the Wish was just as impeccable as the other 4 ships we've sailed on. With DCL its always been "Where do we want to go?" Which i what usually decides the ship for us.

We are at 8 cruises, another lifetime away from Pearl. It would have been nice to see a few more upgrades in perks (Free laundry, free Remy/Enchente, or even an OBC?) but at the end of the day, all companies are slimming down their free offerings and making rewards more challenging to use. The photos is a nice savings if you use it. That's $200 bucks per sailing so not terrible. We don't take enough pictures for that but some certainly do.

At the end of the day, Disney has every right to offer whatever they want for their Return cruisers. They could offer nothing at all and we would just have to deal with that. If you want different perks, you'll have to sail with a line that offers them. I doubt we'll see any sort of change in this regard on Disney's side anytime soon.
I still think they’d be better offering a bigger discount upon purchase onboard
I am sure they make quite a profit on those articles
and people/ Pearl would buy more
as you say even free laundry …or let’s say 120 min of wifi …
Anything but pictures I for one don’t go to picture opportunities much maybe once or twice ….

Don‘t diminish peoples opinions by saying they are intent on disliking it. I went into my cruise with every intent on liking it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter