New Pearl tier benefits

I had the same thoughts about Pearl and I feel kind of foolish now thinking they would do something special for long time cruisers. Should have known better at this stage in my life. Oh well.
I don't know if its this stage in your life as much as it's this stage in world. It seems like cuts on customer service and perks are happening everywhere. Geez....your lucky if you get housekeeping when you stay at a hotel. Four years ago who what have thought that would be a thing.

I don't know if its this stage in your life as much as it's this stage in world. It seems like cuts on customer service and perks are happening everywhere. Geez....your lucky if you get housekeeping when you stay at a hotel. Four years ago who what have thought that would be a thing.
Oh, on the housekeeping the sign was on the wall. WDW had been offering to opt out of housekeeping for a small amount of money for quite a time before pandemic. I had seen it at other hotels, too. But the blatant „we are just not cleaning your room“ was a big step forward very quickly!!

Not good. Very short ride, not real comfortable and not as “thrilling” from a rollercoaster perspective as GOTG, IMO of course.
This is the exact thing on these boards that I am calling out.

The RIDE ISNT EVEN OPEN. Let people ride it and make their own opinions.

We were invited to two cast previews for Tron and absolutely loved it. The ride is from 2016 and is a ROLLER COASTER. Think Everest, Big Thunder Mountain. If you go in looking for Guardians you will be massively disappointed because that's not what this ride is meant to be. If you want thrill, sit in the front row and sit up for the full g-force effect.

The problem for Tron is that Magic Kingdom needs 2 - 3 more rides of this size and magnitude like... yesterday.

There are multiple people on these boards who have never sailed on the Wish and regularly discourage others from sailing on it even though they haven't done so themselves. I see lots of people share their opinions as though "I didn't like this so you won't" which is incorrect when everyone is looking for something different in their vacation.

Let people make their own opinions on things.

We were invited to two cast previews for Tron and absolutely loved it. The ride is from 2016 and is a ROLLER COASTER. Think Everest, Big Thunder Mountain. If you go in looking for Guardians you will be massively disappointed because that's not what this ride is meant to be. If you want thrill, sit in the front row and sit up for the full g-force effect.

The problem for Tron is that Magic Kingdom needs 2 - 3 more rides of this size and magnitude like... yesterday.

There are multiple people on these boards who have never sailed on the Wish and regularly discourage others from sailing on it even though they haven't done so themselves. I see lots of people share their opinions as though "I didn't like this so you won't" which is incorrect when everyone is looking for something different in their vacation.

So your saying we shouldn't state our opinions on things Disney does that we dislike? Isn't the point of this forum to give out information and opinions? Or do we just talk about things we like.

So your saying we shouldn't state our opinions on things Disney does that we dislike? Isn't the point of this forum to give out information and opinions? Or do we just talk about things we like.
1. Opinions Should be stated as such. Far too often on these boards Opinion is presented as fact which is incorrect.
2. The purpose of this forum in my mind is discussion. More often than not it strays from this into "Lets just bash this because we don't like it."

Recently two people posted threads on here from the same cruise on the wish. One Saying how terrible it was and the other saying how much they loved it. The one that is negative about the wish got to about 7 or 8 pages of replies with the same people jumping on the "We hated the wish the wish is terrible" bandwagon. The other saying how much they loved it? A page or so. Faded into obscurity like most positive things do on here.

The review I was responding to presented their opinion of TRON as the overwhelming opinion even though the majority of people haven't even had a chance to experience it.

The photo package is nice but I expected more. I'll probably never get there... gold now and just hit it the last sailing.

1. Opinions Should be stated as such. Far too often on these boards Opinion is presented as fact which is incorrect.
2. The purpose of this forum in my mind is discussion. More often than not it strays from this into "Lets just bash this because we don't like it."

Recently two people posted threads on here from the same cruise on the wish. One Saying how terrible it was and the other saying how much they loved it. The one that is negative about the wish got to about 7 or 8 pages of replies with the same people jumping on the "We hated the wish the wish is terrible" bandwagon. The other saying how much they loved it? A page or so. Faded into obscurity like most positive things do on here.

The review I was responding to presented their opinion of TRON as the overwhelming opinion even though the majority of people haven't even had a chance to experience it.
You should add another requirement that one should fully read and comprehend the post one is responding to before commenting.

From your responses, it appears you didn’t get past “Not good” in my post. If you had, you would have clearly seen that I stated “IMO” (which if you don’t know, stands for “in my opinion”). You would have also seen that I was comparing it to Guardians from a “rollercoaster perspective”. I chose Guardians as the comparison as it is the rollercoaster I’ve been on most recently and is the newest one in Disney World, so I thought it was fair to use it as the comp.

If you want to compare it to Big Thunder Mountain or Everest, feel free. If you want to share why you loved it, feel free. This was my experience and you can’t dictate how I describe my experience.

Maybe if they gave Pearl guests an actual pearl? After enough trips you could make something, earrings, bracelets, necklace.

I'm curious how the 123 day activity booking window will work with concierge. While you can submit your requests as concierge at 130 days, I thought they made the actual bookings at 120 days.

I just wish that we had a way to stop zombie ideas about the Wish, like that the bars don't have windows or that the passenger count is much higher than the other ships, or that the cast members won't be nice because it's a mega ship. I see these same ideas posted over and over and none of them are true.

I just wish that we had a way to stop zombie ideas about the Wish, like that the bars don't have windows or that the passenger count is much higher than the other ships, or that the cast members won't be nice because it's a mega ship. I see these same ideas posted over and over and none of them are true.
The ship does feel more crowded in my opinion. Passenger count doesn’t matter it’s really about how space is allocated. Windows or not in my opinion it felt more closed in.
This is a board where people post opinions so why get worked up about it.

The ship does feel more crowded in my opinion. Passenger count doesn’t matter it’s really about how space is allocated. Windows or not in my opinion it felt more closed in.
This is a board where people post opinions so why get worked up about it.
Opinions are fine. Misinformation isn't good. That's all. The fact is that most of the bars and lounges do have windows and that some of them offer the best view of any bars on any of Disney's ships.

The ship might feel more crowded to you (though I suspect that it just had a higher than usual passenger count due to it still being new), but when it comes to things like reservations for various activities and Castaway Cay, it's no different than the Dream and Fantasy. And, it actually has more crew than those ships, so there's no reason to expect less attention or less friendliness from the cast members.

Maybe if they gave Pearl guests an actual pearl? After enough trips you could make something, earrings, bracelets, necklace.

I'm curious how the 123 day activity booking window will work with concierge. While you can submit your requests as concierge at 130 days, I thought they made the actual bookings at 120 days.
If they have concierge book the same time as Pearl they will still have a problem on the Wish because there are so many more concierge. So what would the point be having another tier. Hoping Pearl can book first.

Opinions are fine. Misinformation isn't good. That's all. The fact is that most of the bars and lounges do have windows and that some of them offer the best view of any bars on any of Disney's ships.

The ship might feel more crowded to you (though I suspect that it just had a higher than usual passenger count due to it still being new), but when it comes to things like reservations for various activities and Castaway Cay, it's no different than the Dream and Fantasy. And, it actually has more crew than those ships, so there's no reason to expect less attention or less friendliness from the cast members.
If someone cruised on the Wish and experienced less friendliness then that’s their experience. Who’s to say they are wrong. My service on the Wish was very impersonal and rushed. Could that happen on any ship of course. If I’m going to give a review I’m basing it on my experiences and my impressions of the ship. People can form their own . None of the negative reviews stopped me from sailing the Wish or impacted my opinions.

The rides not open yet, but you know the cast members and annual pass holders have been and will be posting reviews all over social media.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter