New Magic Bands upgrades available from solid colors!

well something is still screwy this am.I checked and even the solid colors are limited to grey,yellow,orange and green with around 20 other custom selections that seem to come and go.
I chatted with a cast member who said they were sold out of some selections and to wait a while to see if stock returns.I doubt this information is correct as I have never seen solid blue or red bands not be available.

Oh my god. These cast members...why do they say things that they really don't know to be true? I'd rather they'd just say "I'm sorry, I really don't know what's going on here" rather than trying to guess what's happening. I seriously doubt they got a directive to say it's sold out.
And it just doesn't happen with this instance, I hear a lot of silly things from them sometimes. :p

I already selected my solid colors a while ago and now MDE shows as if I didn't, and several of the colors I chose have disapeared as a selection. They better get it together before my bands ship, I'm not going to be a happy camper if 5 grey bands show up at my door!

I already selected my solid colors a while ago and now MDE shows as if I didn't, and several of the colors I chose have disapeared as a selection. They better get it together before my bands ship, I'm not going to be a happy camper if 5 grey bands show up at my door!
Same thing is happening to me right now. It looks like I never selected a band for my dad but I did. The band selections were there before this upgrade program. When I went to reselect bands for my mom and dad, the pink one my mom picked back in January is not available. Ugh. Our trip is June 10th so she is getting antsy. hahaha. Hopefully all the solid colors reappear in the next day or two.

As a side note, I wish they would have made the white or aqua bands available to buy. Disney would have gotten my $10 immediately.

I tried getting my bands ordered last night, but the one I want is no longer available. This morning I checked and there were a few different options from last night, and I checked again just now, and there's a few changes from just two hours ago; so apparently I'm not going to get any work done today because I'll be continuously checking in to see what's available!!

You pay for the upgraded MBs by Credit Card at the time you order them. If you cancel the room, they will charge you an additional $14.99 per MB since the upgrade can't be cancelled.
Thank you for your quick response!

Word to the wise, if you see a band you want do not just select it but purchase it right then. Clearly people who don’t even have trips for months and months had driven inventory way down by placing a ton of orders very early. WDW clearly underestimated how ravenous people would be about this. Crazy to see solid bands “sold out” out as well.

Word to the wise, if you see a band you want do not just select it but purchase it right then. Clearly people who don’t even have trips for months and months had driven inventory way down by placing a ton of orders very early. WDW clearly underestimated how ravenous people would be about this. Crazy to see solid bands “sold out” out as well.
I tried to buy and it wouldn't even let me buy mine. So that was my problem. I had the ones I wanted from day one and tried to buy all day. So not even sure what is the problem.

I tried to buy and it wouldn't even let me buy mine. So that was my problem. I had the ones I wanted from day one and tried to buy all day. So not even sure what is the problem.
This was also my issue. Had my band selected and tried to but and would get an error. Tired my card on file and 2 other cards that I have used previously and nothing worked

The other problem is now with the inventory so low, good luck finding all of the ones you want at the same time. You can’t check out one at a time, you have to personalize and buy your entire parties MBs at once. So if one person finds the band they have to have, do the other people either settle or take a free one? Or do you wait, and then when one someone else wants shows up the first is gone. It’s just been a big cluster, I actually wish they had just left us all with free bands and I could have bought coordinating covers for us from magicyourband and used the specialty ones I already have and like.

Our trip isn't until December so I have plenty of time to wait. That said I'm going to keep an eye on them and if the ones we all want show up I'm going to buy them.

The other problem is now with the inventory so low, good luck finding all of the ones you want at the same time. You can’t check out one at a time, you have to personalize and buy your entire parties MBs at once. So if one person finds the band they have to have, do the other people either settle or take a free one? Or do you wait, and then when one someone else wants shows up the first is gone. It’s just been a big cluster, I actually wish they had just left us all with free bands and I could have bought coordinating covers for us from magicyourband and used the specialty ones I already have and like.
Depends. If today is your last day to customize then everyone better get on the same page and order ASAP from what’s available. If you can wait a while, I would wait. If you have to have a certain band, may be worth the peace of mind to order it from the store and pay full price. Agreed that it’s a complete mess but those are the only options at the moment. Really hope they straighten this out for future band orderers!

All previously selected bands were cleared from the system with this "upgrade". :sad2:

This was also my issue. Had my band selected and tried to but and would get an error. Tired my card on file and 2 other cards that I have used previously and nothing worked
Yeah I remember the two of us having trouble. My trip isn't until September so I have time but right now I sad.

In another thread, it just said on the website that due the popularity that the theme upgrades only have a limited supply left. They are going to try as fast they can to stock up but you can choose from the free ones.

I have issues of you taking bracelets that I had and not letting me pay for and giving them to other people.

Depends. If today is your last day to customize then everyone better get on the same page and order ASAP from what’s available. If you can wait a while, I would wait. If you have to have a certain band, may be worth the peace of mind to order it from the store and pay full price. Agreed that it’s a complete mess but those are the only options at the moment. Really hope they straighten this out for future band orderers!
True, if it’s your last day everyone has to choose from what’s there. That is actually the situation we had Monday, it was our last day to customize and the first day of this mess. I thought we had got our choices in, but now I’m not so sure since they haven’t shipped. If we don’t get them I am actually angry that I can still (as of a couple of hours ago at least) buy 3 of the ones I upgraded to on shopDisney!

posted this as well in the other thread...

I'm a bit concerned—we picked ours on day 1, placed the order, got the confirmation. But after seeing this news, I checked our MB page and i can see that 3 of us have the special designed MB next to our icons, however, my 9-year-old son's profile just shows a grey band where his designed band should be.

I really hope it's just a glitch and he will get his MB b/c i would hate for the whole family to get special ones and he gets shut out. I'll buy him one of his choice when we get on site, but it would really suck as a young kid to open that box and see everyone else's cool designs and his grey band.

posted this as well in the other thread...

I'm a bit concerned—we picked ours on day 1, placed the order, got the confirmation. But after seeing this news, I checked our MB page and i can see that 3 of us have the special designed MB next to our icons, however, my 9-year-old son's profile just shows a grey band where his designed band should be.

I really hope it's just a glitch and he will get his MB b/c i would hate for the whole family to get special ones and he gets shut out. I'll buy him one of his choice when we get on site, but it would really suck as a young kid to open that box and see everyone else's cool designs and his grey band.
Same! But we have 2 kids showing plain and the 2 adults showing the ones we upgraded to!

Same! But we have 2 kids showing plain and the 2 adults showing the ones we upgraded to!
yea, both adults and 13 y/o daughter all have the designs. The little guy is the only one showing plain. I hope its just a glitch. I'm going to have my wife check the cc statement in the am and see if the actual charge was $40 or modified to $30 (hence the missing band).

If there is a problem, I think I'm placing a call to GS to see if I can get some sort of discount on buying one on-site to make up for this issue.

yea, both adults and 13 y/o daughter all have the designs. The little guy is the only one showing plain. I hope its just a glitch. I'm going to have my wife check the cc statement in the am and see if the actual charge was $40 or modified to $30 (hence the missing band).

If there is a problem, I think I'm placing a call to GS to see if I can get some sort of discount on buying one on-site to make up for this issue.
Last I checked my $40 charge was still pending. That’s a good idea on asking for a discount. Because if my DH and I get ours and my sons don’t I would probably want to buy them theirs (if still available, they were yesterday) because I would feel bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter