New! Haunted Mansion-Inspired Dooney & Bourke Bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I don't live there and can't pop in and get one. I'm willing to pay $25 more for the bag not $200+ on eBay.

I'm just saying the venting I've seen here is people who buy them up and sell for a profit are wrong but isn't that exactly what a personal shopper is doing?
I saw the argument that because of people doing that, other people who just want one can't get it. How is it any different with a personal shopper? Someone who is there isn't getting that bag because it is being bought buy someone who is only buying it to sell for more than s/he paid for it.

other people who just want one can't get it.

Do I not count as someone who just wants one :confused3? I've been following this thread since day 1!!! Like I said I'll pay her $25 fee for her gas and time but no more. I have hovered over "Buy It Now" so many times on the over priced bags (money was not an issue) but I just couldn't do it because I felt it was wrong these people jacking the prices to the extreme.

I see a difference between the two but I know everyone has their own opinion.

She's not hoarding them she buys on request. She could EASILY be making tons more money on these but she's not because she's not that kind of person.

:thumbsup2
Peace

sunshinehighway said:
How is a person shopper any different from someone who buys a bunch to sell on eBay?
It seems the only difference is the price they charge but really if you think about it, they are doing the same thing.

They're going to get one, for a person. They're only charging a few bucks to cover gas etc.
Not hoarding all the bags and charging double on eBay.

Well, in this thread I said I got the tote before I saw the cross body bag so I bought it too. I can't afford both so yes, I am selling the tote. Sorry if that irks you but I don't think the 2 bags I bought are keeping anyone from getting one. I think not being up at 3 in the morning to check the website like a lot of us were that really wanted the bags has kept people from getting them.
Well I'm sure you're the exception! It irks me also that they sell them for twice the cost!

Well I'm sure you're the exception! It irks me also that they sell them for twice the cost!

If you actually think about it, they aren't making a ton off most of the bags. I was very close to buying a letter carrier or crossbody off ebay before I got one Monday. I think the letter carrier was going for $260-$290.
The bag cost me $199 thru the Disney store when tax was added in.
Even on the high end of that, its a $90 profit before the fees are taken out. EBay takes 10% (plus 10% on shipping which I'll just leave out) so that brings it down to $61. Paypal takes their cut too so on a bag like the letter carrier, you are talking about <$60 profit.

karebear06 said:
And all styles had the purple lining.

Thanks.
I was really hoping for red lining. I'm my crazy head it'd help justify the price of the bag. I don't really like the purple lining. :/

I hope that means they'll be putting the Smith bags back up on the website soon!!

I hope so! I was so close to buying one of the new styles online just so I could have one, but I chose not to because I really didn't like them and knew that I would be taking it away from someone who really, really wanted one. All I want is the Smith bag and I, too, have thought about buying one on eBay, but I'm just not paying that much extra when I can be patient and get one the honest way.

If you actually think about it, they aren't making a ton off most of the bags. I was very close to buying a letter carrier or crossbody off ebay before I got one Monday. I think the letter carrier was going for $260-$290.
The bag cost me $199 thru the Disney store when tax was added in.
Even on the high end of that, its a $90 profit before the fees are taken out. EBay takes 10% (plus 10% on shipping which I'll just leave out) so that brings it down to $61. Paypal takes their cut too so on a bag like the letter carrier, you are talking about <$60 profit.

Yes current ebay prices have come way down. Why - supply is up! So many bags are going unsold - even Smith. Who knows if this is a permanent release and the Smith last year was a test to see how it went over. They heard the majority on the red lining limited release and re-did a limited release of purples later.

Since the new bags were online a week after they appeared in the stores and now the Smith returned this week, folks on here know what they will be doing Sunday night! :surfweb: and hopefully not :badpc: when they wake up to check Monday morning!

Remember it might not show up on the phones, it didnt show up under the Dooney section (I kept refreshing). I think someone said it showed up under Parks Merchandise I think. But it shows up spread out throughout all the new merch so I just kept searching for "Haunted Mansion Dooney" and they all 4 appeared together.

Or there's the product numbers people have posted here previoulsy.

My friend said the store was nicely stocked w all 5 this morning. 25 Smiths available.

Darnit, I think I want one of these...and considering what a pain they are to get, I kind of wish I didn't...

I started reading, but then got intimidated by the 73 page length of this thread... :faint: Would someone mind helping me with a few questions?

Are there now two different exterior colours? Or is this just my monitor messing with me? Some look grey and black, and some look brown?

I definitely like the grey with purple lining best. Are these still being sold at the parks and on the official store website? Or am I better off looking on ebay (would prefer not to do that due to the markup!)?

We have an upcoming trip and will be in MK on November 30th, December 5th, and possibly December 10th. That's a Sunday, Friday and Wednesday. What are the chances of me actually finding them in stock, and should I be heading to Uptown jewelers and the new HM store right at opening?

Thanks. I will continue making my way through this thread as I have time, but I appreciate the help.

Remember it might not show up on the phones, it didnt show up under the Dooney section (I kept refreshing). I think someone said it showed up under Parks Merchandise I think. But it shows up spread out throughout all the new merch so I just kept searching for "Haunted Mansion Dooney" and they all 4 appeared together.

Or there's the product numbers people have posted here previoulsy.

My friend said the store was nicely stocked w all 5 this morning. 25 Smiths available.

They only showed up under Parks Merchandise in the Haunted Mansion section. They did show up on my phone, but as soon as I saw them I switched to my iPad to pull up the actual site. I will be keeping my iPad close by and if I need to I'll just sit on my computer :surfweb: :rotfl:

Darnit, I think I want one of these...and considering what a pain they are to get, I kind of wish I didn't...

I started reading, but then got intimidated by the 73 page length of this thread... :faint: Would someone mind helping me with a few questions?

Are there now two different exterior colours? Or is this just my monitor messing with me? Some look grey and black, and some look brown?

I definitely like the grey with purple lining best. Are these still being sold at the parks and on the official store website? Or am I better off looking on ebay (would prefer not to do that due to the markup!)?

We have an upcoming trip and will be in MK on November 30th, December 5th, and possibly December 10th. That's a Sunday, Friday and Wednesday. What are the chances of me actually finding them in stock, and should I be heading to Uptown jewelers and the new HM store right at opening?

Thanks. I will continue making my way through this thread as I have time, but I appreciate the help.

All the same color. Exterior is Grey w/ dark grey/black print and purple interior (original release was red inside)

Do you think they will come back in stock again online Monday morning? I'm thinking I want to try again for a crossbody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter