New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

What a wonderful idea...to far for me to go, but Kudos to you for thinking this up !!!!

My DH and 2 kids will be there! I will have to wait and see what my surgery date is before I can commit. GREAT idea!!!!!

Some of us got together for TS3 when it came out last year. We saw it in IMAX 3D at Jordan's Furniture in Natick. Really great experience in that theater with stadium seating with "butt kicker" seats so you really feel the bass.

That would be my preferred venue. But Val & I will show up at anything that gets set up along these lines.

Hi Jeff,

TS3 was great but Cinema world will donate all of the ticket sales to GKTW and we get to set the price. We will also have the entire theatre to ourselves.

As soon as I have the finalized date I will publize this more on the Powerof10.us site and other boards here on the DIS. Keep checking back for details. Should we look for a resturant for post movie festivities?

Keep the ideas coming!!

I think a restaurant for a post movie lunch would be a great idea!!! I hope the July 2nd date sticks because that would work out perfectly for my family and I. Keep us updated with all the details! Great work!

Hi Jeff,

TS3 was great but Cinema world will donate all of the ticket sales to GKTW and we get to set the price. We will also have the entire theatre to ourselves.

As soon as I have the finalized date I will publize this more on the Powerof10.us site and other boards here on the DIS. Keep checking back for details. Should we look for a resturant for post movie festivities?

Keep the ideas coming!!

Where is the theater? If there is an UNO's nearby they sometimes sponsor fundraisers and donate a percentage of the sales for the day with coupons we would pass out. Just a thought... I am not sure they run those on Saturdays but it may be worth checking out.

Where is the theater? If there is an UNO's nearby they sometimes sponsor fundraisers and donate a percentage of the sales for the day with coupons we would pass out. Just a thought... I am not sure they run those on Saturdays but it may be worth checking out.

The theater is in Fitchburg MA, click the link on the OP. Looks like there is an Uno's in Leominster. I like the idea. If not Uno maybe another restaurant in the area would do something similar.

Tara, I checked with the GM at the Marlborough Best Buy and employees donate time to charities like Relay-for-life, Walk-for-Hunger, etc. Does your bro need people to staff the concessions, sell tickets, seat people, clean-up?? If so, I can pass the suggestion to have BBY employees donate their time. I'm also checking on BBY donating product.

I noticed the Best Buy in Kissimmee FL list Give Kids the World as a charity. If you would like I can check with the GM to see what they do for charitable events at GKTW.

Let me know.

I will be there plus going to try and bring a couple of friends. I am also working on an idea for a DIS/GKTW event in the fall looking into a Lowell spinners game.Far as an idea for a place to eat in Fitchburg they just opened up a Buffalo Wild wings in the area.

Sounds great to eat together after:thumbsup2 once you know the date I will tell all my home school friends it's a great way to see a movie while helping a wonderful charity!

I haven't been around but my DD told me about this :-) we are south of Boston so count us in!!!! I will read more later but this is gonna rock!

I guess the cat's really out of the bag, with it being mentioned not once, or twice, but three times on the podcast(s) this week :)

Count on Val & i to be there! :yay:

As soon as it is confirmed, I am going to try to get flights for DH and I. Our youngest son graduates high school June 29, so that will be a verrrrry late night in our house. I suppose if we slept til July 1st, we could drive straight through, but would rather fly.......I'll be watching for details.

I was at our local Disney store where I used to work at and told them today about this. I told them I would call with a final date so looking forward to this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter