New England Cars 2 Meet to benefit the Power of 10 -WE RAISED $10,000

TSWJan78

NE DIva
Poweroftenmovieflyer.jpg

** UPDATE 6/27 - Hi Everyone.. Due to the length of the movie we are going to open the doors at 9:00 and ask everyone to be in there seats at 9:45 .
You are not going to want to be late.. Please help us by passing this message along.

We have over 30 door prizes and 20 Silent Auction Items. Due to space and time constraints we will not be able to set them all up at the movie. We will bring a few of the door prize items and all of the Silent Acution items to accomodate those only coming to the movie. No issues for those coming to the BBQ as there is pleanty of time and space there.

Hi Everyone,
I am pleased to announce the finalized details of the New England Cars 2 meet to benefit The Power of 10 and Give Kids the World. The meet will take place on Saturday, July 2nd at 10 AM at Cinema World in Fitchburg, MA. Doors will open at 9:15 and the movie will start at 10. I am still working to get 3D.

Fitchburg is located 1 hour west of Boston, 1 hour North of Providence, RI and 1 hour south of Manchester, NH for those of you flying in. There are a Sheraton 4 Points and a Courtyard by Marriott (with a Coco Key Water resort) close by for anyone needing hotel rooms but I would recommend staying closer to Boston if you are coming in for the weekend.

The Movie theatre holds 215 people so that will be the maximum number of people for the movie portion of this event. Cost is a $10 donation and the ticket price will all go to Give Kids the World. Remember Dreams is willing to match what we raise...

There will be a BBQ, Silent Auction and Raffle from Noon - 4:00 at the Eagles Club in Leominster following the movie July 2nd. The Eagles is about 15 min from the theater and has fields and a hall so we are good Rain or Shine. Tickets for the BBQ will also be $10. As of now most of the food is being donated and we are getting monetary donations to offset the cost of the hall and any other expenses we have.

We will have a Silent Auction and Raffle including Patriots Tickets, Tom Hanks Autographed Merchandise, a Cars 2 Poster signed by the Podcast team and an opportunity to do a Dining Review with Kevin and John not to mention we are working on donations from Best Buy, Story Land and many others. If you have any leads please let me know and I will forward you the donation request letter.

Please take a moment to confirm if you will be coming to the BBQ in addition to the movie so we have a good idea of head count. The hall holds 300 so we have plenty of room to grow!!

*****UPDATE 6/4 - The planning committe and I have talked and we have decided to stick with 2D for the movie. Many people have mentioned to us that seeing 3D is an issue for them and the 2D Theatre holds more people so we now have room at the movie for 250 people!! That means more butts in chairs and more money for GKTW. Let me know if you want to bring a friend and add to the number!!*****

As Pete & Walter have not been to New England in years I am really counting on the New England fans to show them a good time!!

I am keeping a list with names and number of people coming so please make sure you let us know how many people are in your group and names so i can have name tags ready!! Have I mentioned how excited I am for this!!

Confirmed Movie & BBQ Number!!

Ann, Shannon, DJ, Debbie and Chloe - annabelle64 - 5 - 5
Karen & Kaye - apurplebrat - 2 - 2
Bill - billtm - 2 - 2
Robin - bobbinweez - 1 - 1
Kristen, David, Molly & Cole, Vicki, David & Jacob, Anette, Jack & Sarah - bornteach - 10 - 10
Cynthia, Shannon & Scottie - cinderellassister - 0 - 1
Rob, Laurie, Josh & Jack - cruisinpenguin - 4 - 4
Dan, Nancy, Justin, Rachel & Matt - disney4dan - 4 - 4
Anita, Nick & Ali - Disneydame27 - 3 - 3
Nia, Scott, Cole & Jack - DisNia - 4 - 4
Brian, Ashleigh & Izzie - doconeill - 3 - 3
Tracey, Chris & Benjamin - DSNYSDreamer & slapwhitey - 3 - 3
Erika & Tom, Victoria, Jason & Erika's Mom - eduke98080 - 5 - 5
Ellen & Cindy - EllenS1958 - 2 - 2
Christine McCarthy - Facebook - 1 - 1
Jessica, Ali & Regan & Tina - figment3258 - 5 - 3
Neal & Kathleen - freesone & kkgirl - 2 - 2
Diane, George & Kate - goofy4tink - 2 - 2
Tammy & Kevin - goofybeagle - 2 - 2
Evelyn - hockeymomNS - 1 - 2
Amy - ImprovGal - 1 - 1
Kim, Brian, Jack & Meredith - jacksmom99 - 3 - 3
Joe, Diane & Corey - JoeG - 3 - 3
Kait & Charlene - kafitty - 2 - 2
Lisa, John & Justin - lee Disney - 3 - 3
Sandy, Noah, Lucas & Ryan - linnell - 4 - 4
Josh Harris - Josh_the_Eagle - 2 - 2
Kim, Matt & Sophie - mejkjj97 - 2 - 2
Melissa & Joanne - MelissaFromRI - 2 - 2
Lisa & Michael - Mickeyus - 2 - 2
Lisa, Sean & Khalee - Miss Missy - 3 - 3
Marci, David, Felicity & Jackson - mjaclyn - 4 - 4
Sharon, Megan & Alex - MomlvsGoofy - 5 - 5
Cristen - ninecrayons - 1 - 1
Jeff & Val - OKW Lover - 2 - 2
Patti & Kevin - pkraynh - 2 - 2
Mike, Lindsey & Kathy - priceka & Grumpy115 - 3 - 3
Neal & Margaret - redsox4886 - 2 - 2
Rob & David - rpcwjr - 2 - 2
Kathy & Katie - safteymom - 2 - 2
Eric,Jamie,Rane - sceavis - 3 - 3
Sheila, Jospeh, Julia & Tyler, Nathan & Gracie - Sheilaf - 6 - 6
Sergio & Nick - sorcerer sergio - 2 - 2
Scott, Pam & Otto - sshaw10060 - 3 - 3
Nancy, Mike & Matt - starwood, buzz31 & darthvadar92 - 3 - 3
Steve & Lauren - steamboatstevie - 2 - 2
Tina - Stinkerbell628 - 1 - 1
James, Amy & Victoria - Thunder Monkey & amoggio816 - 3 - 3
Bill & Linda - tiggerplus5 - 2 - 2
Stacy, Tyler & Brady - TiggerStac - 3 - 3
Tim, Fallon, Camden, Makenzie, Nancy & Isaac - timmac & lynceclia - 6 - 6
Scott, Liz & Spencer - travisx4 - 3 - 3
Kevin, Karen, Ethan & Emma - tronkoMouse - 4 - 4
Tammi - Sue, Shawn and Ashlee - ts_nuts4disney - 3 - 3
Tara & Family - TSWJan78 - 14 - 22
Alex - WebmasterAlex - 1 - 1
Pete & Walter - WebmasterPete - 2 - 2

Confirmed Movie Number, waiting on BBQ Confirmation! (Sorted by DIS Name)!

Erika - 3disneykids - 4
Joe & Jeannie - gojoe - 2
Nickyb720 & ShannyMcB - 2
Jeanette, Steven, Bailey & Courtney - vermontgirl - 4

Confirmed Movie Only!!

Bill - 717fan - 1
Katie, Peter, Cameron & Colton - CamColt - 4
Leanne, CJ & Harry - CJsMom - 3
Brenda, Bruce & Emily - DISMom+two - 3
Ginger, Bob, Kelly & Brian - monorailmom - 4
Karen, Lenny, Ally & Taylor - PrincessTaylorsMom - 4
Dan, Amanda, Kay, James & Nicolo - splashmountain86 - 5
Dave & Beth - The Grumpus - 2

Confirmed BBQ Only!!

Paul - Paul in CT - 2

Please send me names for name badges!!
BosGirl - 2

People we are trying to talk into coming!!!
Kevin & John
Nikki
Heidi
Tammy

So Far we have: 222 people for the Movie and 192 for the BBQ!!

Hi Everyone,

We have the opportunity to see Cars 2 while raising money for the Power of 10 in June. I spoke with my brother who manages a local movie theatre http://www.cinemaworldtheaters.com/ and he is looking into us being able to have the theatre to ourselves to watch Cars 2 and instead of the money going to the theatre it would go to Give Kids the World. I was hoping for the weekend after opening weekend and on a Saturday morning (that would make it July 2nd at 10 am) We can set the ticket price but I am thinking $10.. (keeping with the 10 theme) Would you be interested? Would you bring your friends? We would need at least 100 people to make it worth it… What are your thoughts? Can we make this happen?

How wonderful! :yay: We will be away on vacation, but would have loved to go. GOod luck. :hug:

I would love to do this, but that's the technical run-through for the Musical I'm in that opens the next weekend... But what a great idea!

Sayhello

YES! YES! YES! I will bring my two young boys and then we head out to the Cape for the week! Perfect way to start a vacation! :love:

Tara, see this thread as well...there was an attempt at another meet, but it sort of fell apart...plenty of people interested though.

Having the showing early works for me!! I would probably bring someone else who likes movies ... especially Disney/Pixar. I guess that means I have to watch the original Cars all the way through. ;)

Pete you're coming to Massachusetts :thumbsup2

Great idea Tara!!

Hi Everyone,

We have the opportunity to see Cars 2 while raising money for the Power of 10 in June. I spoke with my brother who manages a local movie theatre http://www.cinemaworldtheaters.com/ and he is looking into us being able to have the theatre to ourselves to watch Cars 2 and instead of the money going to the theatre it would go to Give Kids the World. I was hoping for the weekend after opening weekend and on a Saturday morning (that would make it July 2nd at 10 am) We can set the ticket price but I am thinking $10.. (keeping with the 10 theme) Would you be interested? Would you bring your friends? We would need at least 100 people to make it worth it… What are your thoughts? Can we make this happen?
What a wonderful idea Tara! Sounds like so much fun. Would you be willing to start a thread about this in the Power of 10 forums too? We might get some more people over there that might not necessarily read the podcast forum.

http://www.powerof10.us/forum.php

How far would Fitchburg be from the Cape? Just from the bridge is fine. Depending on the distance, I could bring a car full at least.

Hey guys Eric here I was the one working on the other thread trying to set up a meet this summer. Due to family and life obligations I decide I would not have the time right now to plan the type of event i would like to do for the dis and give kids the world .I am hoping to do something for the fall. I will have much more time.Hope this one works out depends when and where I would like to attend this one.Have fun and take care

We live about 3 1/2 hours away but if some of the podcast crew were going to be there I bet I could talk DH into it!!

Some of us got together for TS3 when it came out last year. We saw it in IMAX 3D at Jordan's Furniture in Natick. Really great experience in that theater with stadium seating with "butt kicker" seats so you really feel the bass.

That would be my preferred venue. But Val & I will show up at anything that gets set up along these lines.

I would attend! July 2 is my birthday so I'd love to spend part of it towards a good cause!

Tara,

Kudos to a great idea. You know we are in... How can we help?

Erika

July 2nd is actually perfect! (i thought for some reason it was June 2nd). We'll be traveling back to NY that day from Maine and it's right on the way!! Can we sign up now or buy tickets ahead of time? I'd hate to get all the way there and it be sold out. My kids are super excited to see this movie so it would be a great end to our vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts