New Embarkation Day Concierge Lunch?

I can imagine that if a concierge only dining room existed, it would be the end of dining in suite. If they were to mirror some of the other cruise lines, not all levels of concierge would qualify for the private dining room or private pool area if one were to exist.

I can imagine that if a concierge only dining room existed, it would be the end of dining in suite. If they were to mirror some of the other cruise lines, not all levels of concierge would qualify for the private dining room or private pool area if one were to exist.

In the NCL Haven you can request in suite dining from any of the MDRs or even the specialty restaurants (I think) but there is also a Haven-only restaurant [on the bigger ships].

What exciting news!!!!! I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's opinions of class, classless, tacky and speculation of what is to come for future cruise guests. It is also fun to read how some people rationalize why and how they cruise concierge or non-concierge. Regardless, thanks for the info Cirlonde! Personally, I am hoping this will help me rationalize concierge booking to my husband when we cruise this summer. Did I mention I had to book two concierge rooms?:sad:

I feel your pain on your wallet, we have a 1 bedroom and adjoining family state room on double dip this summer, but the 3rd bathroom is nice.
chris

We will be sailing concierge this next cruise. Do we have to go to the concierge dining for lunch the first day??? I don't see anything on that menu that we would like. DH would much prefer a hamburger and I prefer Cabanas.

Yes, the free beer and wine would be nice. But, not at the cost of not liking the food choices. Plus, we are not big drinkers.

We will be sailing concierge this next cruise. Do we have to go to the concierge dining for lunch the first day??? I don't see anything on that menu that we would like. DH would much prefer a hamburger and I prefer Cabanas.

Yes, the free beer and wine would be nice. But, not at the cost of not liking the food choices. Plus, we are not big drinkers.
I'm sure no-one is going to force you. It's just another option.

No you do not. It is another option. Basically you can go to the Lounge as before or the Lunch. You can eat at Cabannas as you normally would. This is just a way to lighten the crowds in the lounge. I will be doing this on Saturday!!! so i will report back.

I have no issue with the Concierge lunch on embarkation day. I agree that using an unused space for that is more efficient. I cruise on other lines that have a loyalty program lunch available for returning cruisers that do just that.

What I have issue with is separated dining rooms based on category of rooms booked. That's how Cunard does it. It does have the "separation of classes" feel. Much like the original set up of the Concierge rooms on the Dream. They had gates into the area where the concierge rooms were. That didn't last long as many people expressed negative views of the "we're better than you" attitude that projected.

I don't begrudge anyone paying for Concierge perks, as long as the perks are something that's included as being booked in a Concierge room. Character meets, meeting the Captain, private lounge, whatever. DCL has a similar opportunity for returning cruisers in the Gold & Platinum cruiser reception that's available to everyone, once they've cruised DCL. Same with the opportunity to book things earlier the higher castaway club level you achieve. Again, that's an opportunity available to everyone, once they start cruising DCL.

I'm sorry if some take offense at my opinion, but I've a great believer in everyone being equal. Designing a ship with a dining room that's only available to a specific class of stateroom, isn't equal. Palo & Remy - while there is limited space (not an unusual situation in any fine dining venue), and higher level Castaway Club members could fill all available space, it doesn't always happen that way. We booked Palo on our very first cruise. And every cruise since then.

Try getting a cabana on castaway during the peak times without being concierge, it can be done but..it is an experience for the select few as you put it not quite equal

That's probably what we will do. We plan on arriving early and being one of the first ones on board, going up to the lounge, then going to lunch. We may be going in 3 different directions after the lounge. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

The nice thing too is that, if you swing by the lounge, you can get a drink to enjoy with your lunch in Cabanas.
I always seem to fill up in the lounge, those little sandwiches always seem to taste better on the first day!
chris

Well said. I didnt have a problem with the gates when they were originally on deck 12. It made it much quieter in the hallways. The same "class" complaints came out right away from people who were of course not staying on deck 12. I think the problems with them working led to their removal and not complaints from those who never saw them on their daily travel throughout the ship.

An 11 day for 74K? That has to be the royal suites?

I think the concierge lunch is just another enhancement of their premium product. Looking at the menu though, it really does not appeal to me for lunch. I do like the larger variety in Cabanas. We board as soon as they open so Cabanas isnt too busy right then.
We often travel in concierge as well. We also like the cabanas variety, so we get there when we board and get our lunch out of the way before it gets too busy. Then we head to the concierge lounge which seems to have quieted down by then.

If there is a concierge lunch offered now.................I think we will still go about our cabanas lunch as we always have.

Try getting a cabana on castaway during the peak times without being concierge, it can be done but..it is an experience for the select few as you put it not quite equal

Again, it is not a select few. The cabanas were originally only designed for concierge use. Book a concierge room and you can get a cabana.

What exciting news!!!!! I have to say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's opinions of class, classless, tacky and speculation of what is to come for future cruise guests. It is also fun to read how some people rationalize why and how they cruise concierge or non-concierge. Regardless, thanks for the info Cirlonde! Personally, I am hoping this will help me rationalize concierge booking to my husband when we cruise this summer. Did I mention I had to book two concierge rooms?:sad:

Sell it like this..... But we can get a couple thousand back that you can use at Costco.....

I have never heard this. I'm curious why you say that. If it were true, I would think they would be included in the concierge booking and an additional cost for others if there was availability.

Because I was in one when they first opened. They were only offered to concierge guests, then they built more and opened it up if any were available after the concierge guests booked.

I don't think this is quite accurate, Bill. We were able to get a cabana on our very first cruise (non-concierge) in December of 2010. We booked as soon as we boarded. I seem to recall that only concierge guests were able to pre-book the cabanas way back then. Does that ring a bell?

I don't begrudge concierge guests a designated lunch spot but really, really hope it doesn't mean the elimination of the sit-down lunch for the rest of us. The menu is almost the same. I have no interest in going to Cabanas on embarkation and would be truly sad if the MDR option was removed for non concierge guests.

I've never sailed Concierge and don't see myself doing so in quite some time but I think this is a wonderful perk for Concierge! Not only does it give a bit of special space for them, it will also help thin out the other lunch areas :)

Last edited:
I don't think this is quite accurate, Bill. We were able to get a cabana on our very first cruise (non-concierge) in December of 2010. We booked as soon as we boarded. I seem to recall that only concierge guests were able to pre-book the cabanas way back then. Does that ring a bell?

I don't begrudge concierge guests a designated lunch spot but really, really hope it doesn't mean the elimination of the sit-down lunch for the rest of us. The menu is almost the same. I have no interest in going to Cabanas on embarkation and would be truly sad if the MDR option was removed for non concierge guests.

Like I said, those left over were opened up. Even then there still were some held back and used for the waitlist if no concierge rooms wanted them.

I cant imagine they would eliminate the other lunch. Even if every concierge room went there, it would not have a significant impact on Cabanas. After seeing the mune, Im not even going to go there, Im going right upstairs to Cabanas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter