New DVC email about Riviera

Sleepy425

DIS Veteran
DISNEY'S RIVIERA RESORT
UPDATE
Dear Disney Vacation Club® Member

Since Disney’s Riviera Resort was first announced in July 2017, our Members have continually asked to be kept informed about the newest Resort. With that in mind, we wanted you to be among the first to hear some exciting updates. Construction is progressing extremely well on our new proposed Disney Vacation Club Resort, and it’s currently on schedule to open in Fall 2019.

When it opens its doors, Disney’s Riviera Resort will offer all the grandeur of Europe combined with the magic of Disney. The new Resort will be conveniently located in the heart of Walt Disney World® Resort, and feature unique access to Epcot® and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, via the new Disney Skyliner.

Important information for Disney Vacation Club Members:
  • This Spring, Members can begin booking stays at Disney’s Riviera Resort with Vacation Points, accessing exclusive, protected inventory which is being held just for our Members. Exact timing will be shared once the official opening date is confirmed.
In the interim, Disney’s Riviera Resort will begin taking rental reservations from the general public this month. To learn more about the new Resort, watch the Disney Parks Blog and follow Disney Vacation Club on Facebook and Instagram for updates.

We look forward to welcoming our newest Resort!

Disney Vacation Club

It only talks about booking, not buying. I'm not interested in buying here, but I am waiting for the official email that announces pricing. I'm just curious how they will end up pricing it (I have heard the rumors of $189, just waiting to see if that's official).
Did they do it the same way with the other resorts? That the general public could book rooms before DVC could?

I feel so dumb for being confused by this line - are general public "rental reservations" just normal hotel bookings for cash? The word rental is throwing me for a loop.

I feel so dumb for being confused by this line - are general public "rental reservations" just normal hotel bookings for cash? The word rental is throwing me for a loop.
Yep. Just a fancy way of saying cash reservation by the public. DVD can turn undeclared inventory over to CRO to sell reservations to the public.

Yep. Just a fancy way of saying cash reservation by the public. DVD can turn undeclared inventory over to CRO to sell reservations to the public.
Agreed so to answer questions asked yes they did this with other DVC resorts before being sold out.

I assumed it meant CRO reservations (normal cash through Disney)

Got it, thanks. Was just weirded out by the words and order. "Exclusive inventory! (but we're letting everyone else book super soon)" :rolleyes2

When you think about, the entire resort will probably be completed and open, however only a small portion of the resort will be declared, so DVD rents the other rooms to cash guests. All points owned by DVD are rented out via Disney's CRO reservation system. Members will only be able to booked the declared inventory.

I'm still confused as to why this email was sent... DVD doesn't tell us anything new.
- Riviera will be opened in Fall - Yeap we knew that
- It will have a gondola skyliner - Yeap we knew that
- It will be part of DVC for points and have cash rooms - Yeap we knew that

So nothing new here at all... Ughhh

I'm still confused as to why this email was sent... DVD doesn't tell us anything new.

Because they don’t want current members to flip out when it opens for booking
To the general public in a few weeks

Because they don’t want current members to flip out when it opens for booking
To the general public in a few weeks
Agreed they probably are aware that a lot of people are on edge so they wanted to be clear that it is opening but don't worry there is protected inventory for you. So they hope to calm people down.

Also just to get people talking about it...create more buzz (even with mostly the same info as we already know). By looking here and in FB groups, it worked.

We have a stay planned in late December with 4 days tacked on at the Swan on SPG/Marriott points. But we'd consider trying out Riviera instead of the Swan if it made sense re: point costs. I have a feeling it may not, because it's at Xmas/NYE. We have a few points in one contract that we could use instead of banking them, but I'm a points miser. And the Premier season makes me go :scared1:

I have a September trip planned at VGF but I might be persuaded to stay an extra night or two just to check out Riviera's rooms. The stars would have to align perfectly (points, airfare, a willing person to watch my crazy dog). But even if we don't stay there, we will probably pop over on the gondolas to check it out and maybe dine there (if it's open to us).

Did they open the other resorts for cash reservations before letting current members book using points?

They are separate inventory and always have been. And the answer is yes technically because current members had to wait even longer than those adding on direct to reserve at new resorts. And the cash reservations started always on or before the sale of points at the new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter