• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Disney Theme Park reservation system

Do the reservations have times?
9:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 1:00 PM slots?
What’s stopping AP’s from hoarding dates and not using them, as some did for FP?

No, the time will be park hours. APs can hold only 3 days at a time, unless they are part of a resort reservation length of stay.

No, the time will be park hours. APs can hold only 3 days at a time, unless they are part of a resort reservation length of stay.
Is it 3 days plus length of stay or like before all this the resort stay counts towards your FP count and if you stay 4 days you only get 4 and not 7 days.

I also did not get an email and have tickets and Dvc reservations in Oct.

Last edited:
I don't thinks so. I think it is first come first serve basis. But, I don't think they will reach capacity on one day of reservations. Park capacity even at 30% is huge so I imagine they won't even hit that on park opening. Not many people want to splurge full price on a limited vacation experience. So, far on all the boards I have read, people are opting to wait and see or modify reservations for next year. I am not too worried about Monday. I think a lot of people will try to book because its like with the toilet paper shortage. People want to get what everyone else is trying to get. Then when the novelty wears off they won't see the urgency and will cancel or modify until next year.
I'm afraid they will fill up on Monday not giving us a chance for those off property on Weds. Look at the Moonlight Magic events and how they book and fill in a matter of hours.

I wanted to update everyone on some new information I received today. According to Disney anyone with an on property Resort stay and valid admission up until September 26,2021 CAN book Park Passes tomorrow. I know. Bummer for the 2020 crowd.
This was not the information I was given yesterday so there's egg on my face.

Does anyone have an idea of what time on the 22nd you can begin to make reservations?

I wanted to update everyone on some new information I received today. According to Disney anyone with an on property Resort stay and valid admission up until September 26,2021 CAN book Park Passes tomorrow. I know. Bummer for the 2020 crowd.
This was not the information I was given yesterday so there's egg on my face.

If this is true. it's a bummer. My current APs expire in January with the extension, but I am waiting for a refund since I cancelled multiple trips for this year and my next trip won't be until next spring. Renewing the passes wouldn't work because it is too early to renew and I don't want my next APs starting in January. I can't buy new passes yet and don't really want to outlay the cost 10 months before the trip since it is nonsensical . So, stabbed in the back again since before I can get passes, all the ressies for next spring may be gone. This isn't right!!! We members need to be able to book park ressies w/o passes on the books.

I would assume its going to be like the fastpass system, based on the dev testing I have seen of the park reservation system. If I was Disney IT i would use pre-existing code as much as possible, and that seems like a logical step. Still not sure why you would have to select a time (maybe because its based on the FP code) if you are allowed to leave and return to the same park, unless your not allowed to return.
I think the time will be when park hopping is re instituted.

I think the time will be when park hopping is re instituted.
Then that would mean your allowed more then one park reservation per day, which then would make sense. But if that's the case then your second park reservation would then disallow you access to your first park once that time comes up and passes?

I don't think this post covers DVC members. The only reason a DVC member would have tickets already would be if they are approaching the fast pass window, or if they are AP holders (in which case their guests would still need tickets. I don't think Disney is doing a system where DVC members are shut out of the parks. We'll find out on Monday.
If you don't have tickets already, you will not be able to make park passes. If you look at the leaked screenshots from the new system you literally select the ticket. If you don't have a ticket your name will not show up. 😖

What would happen if a DVC member (and family) were to purchase AP’s on June 28 instead of regular tickets...do you think we would be able to go backwards and make park reservations for a November 2020 trip that we have DVC room resides but no current tix?

Why not have one member with an AP and then purchase the others as park per day tickets . Once you have a valid park admission including Passholders, you can book for your entire stay when you have a resort reservation. Without a reservation you will be able to book 3 days at a time.

4 a.m. for me. I am Pacific. Then its off for a 10 hour workday. Yaaaay. I will have all of you in my prayers and be thinking of you fast finger warriors. lol
Only 6 am here-- making reservations for August, November, December, December, January, March. Lordy. Don't know if I will be ABLE to sleep, my brain is trying to strategize. 😂 Good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter