New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
So lets say I go to a QS place and get the sandwich is fry combo can I add chili and cheese to my fries or will that cost extra? Ive used DDP since 2005 but Ive never tried doing that so I have no idea if you can..

Last edited:
So lets say I go to a QS place and get the sandwich is fry combo can I add chili and cheese to my fries or will that cost extra? Ive used DDP since but Ive necer tried doing that so I have no idea if you can..

Doubtful. Usually it's just what is described in the combo. You might be able to use a snack credit to get chili/cheese fries and get a different option with your combo (sometimes they'll give apples or something).

River of Light dining package at Tusker Breakfast, had mimosa with jungle juice.

Yak and Yeti, I had a specialty drink off their drink menu, hubby ordered a Manhattan, they told him it wasnt included (the night before he had a manhattan at 'Ohana, it was included there, and he was able to order Knob Creek instead of well).

I find it interesting that Disney’s website says that the fantasmic and river of light dining package excludes alcohol, But I have read where people have got alcohol with both packages.

I find it interesting that Disney’s website says that the fantasmic and river of light dining package excludes alcohol, But I have read where people have got alcohol with both packages.
I’m wondering if that’s because on those pages it’s quoting the price and alcohol isn’t included if you pay cash but if you pay using a TS credit then that includes an alcoholic drink. If it said an alcoholic drink was included people paying cash would get it.

It sounds like a lot of people have had experiences where servers have said "Any drink under $15 is included on the dining plan." Has anybody had experience ordering a drink at a Signature, such as Le Cellier or Monsieur Paul, where many of the drinks (even glasses of wine) are more than $15? Since it was a two-credit meal, I might expect there to be a $30 limit (or no limit), but I'm curious what people have seen as the policy! :)

It sounds like a lot of people have had experiences where servers have said "Any drink under $15 is included on the dining plan." Has anybody had experience ordering a drink at a Signature, such as Le Cellier or Monsieur Paul, where many of the drinks (even glasses of wine) are more than $15? Since it was a two-credit meal, I might expect there to be a $30 limit (or no limit), but I'm curious what people have seen as the policy! :)
There was one signature menu posted, early in the year, that had drinks marked. Flights were excluded, but most drinks were included, up to $21 I think on that menu.

I think I posted two signature menus. The threshold seems to be somewhere between $21 and $24.

We just returned, and it seemed like most restaurants were trying to keep this a secret. Each time we sat down, our waiter/waitress would rattle off all of the soft drinks available, and we had to ask about ordering a specialty or alcoholic beverage. Sometimes they would let us have a soda and a cocktail, and other times they wouldn't let my son order a special lemonade because his was a kid's meal. It seemed to vary from place to place. Not once did anyone actually offer up the information about the special drinks...

We just returned, and it seemed like most restaurants were trying to keep this a secret. Each time we sat down, our waiter/waitress would rattle off all of the soft drinks available, and we had to ask about ordering a specialty or alcoholic beverage. Sometimes they would let us have a soda and a cocktail, and other times they wouldn't let my son order a special lemonade because his was a kid's meal. It seemed to vary from place to place. Not once did anyone actually offer up the information about the special drinks...
This is interesting because you would think servers would be pushing the most expensive items possible to up their tips. It would seem that they’re either being coached to not mention them or they’re so used to them not being included they haven’t gotten used to mentioning them yet.
It seems pretty cheap to me that your son couldn’t order a lemonade when the plan says specialty beverages are included “where available”. Is there anything in the plan info that excludes kids meals from this? Are they getting away with it by having the kids meals listed on the menu as kind of a package deal? I know some include a drink and dessert so is that where they’re able to not offer a nicer drink?
Thanks for sharing your experience:)

I just wonder if the Dining Plans had finally gotten so high that Disney seen a decline in their purchase, so they added alcohol to them?
But hoping that they could get away with some people not actually getting the alcohol.

This is interesting because you would think servers would be pushing the most expensive items possible to up their tips. It would seem that they’re either being coached to not mention them or they’re so used to them not being included they haven’t gotten used to mentioning them yet.
It seems pretty cheap to me that your son couldn’t order a lemonade when the plan says specialty beverages are included “where available”. Is there anything in the plan info that excludes kids meals from this? Are they getting away with it by having the kids meals listed on the menu as kind of a package deal? I know some include a drink and dessert so is that where they’re able to not offer a nicer drink?
Thanks for sharing your experience:)

That's what I was thinking, too -- the servers should want us to get the more expensive drinks! I feel like they are probably being told not to mention it unless the guest does...

That's what I was thinking, too -- the servers should want us to get the more expensive drinks! I feel like they are probably being told not to mention it unless the guest does...
Good point, but what a shame.

Ate dinner at Landscapes of Flavor food court at AoA tonight using the QS DDP. There was an entire section of alcoholic beverage options. We picked Fat Tire and a prepackaged single serving of wine. Two CMs offered dessert as a substitution for a beverage, so we picked from the pastry case with our third meal.

I think this may have been reported earlier, but I was a little confused. Has anybody had a alcohol selection with a QS Breakfast at a resort food court?

Anyone use the dining plan at Cinderella's RT since they added alcohol? What was included?

Anyone use the dining plan at Cinderella's RT since they added alcohol? What was included?

We just had the breakfast there yesterday. Mimosas and some other drink was included with the meal. Just make sure your server knows you are on the DxDDP

California Grill (dined 1/25/18) seems to be a good value for the plan. Any wine by the glass is included. Our server was awesome. Literally poured two glasses worth of Faust ($19 per) into my glass shortly after the initial taste!

Yak and Yeti lunch is a terrible use of table credits. Only gave us two small plates to share for four people on the dining plan.

Citricos tonight and can report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter