New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! We are headed to Disney on the 31st and I am debating whether to add the dinning plan. We were going to go ala cart this time, but I am wondering that the inclusion of alcohol might make it worthwhile this trip!

I am wondering a couple things:
A) Are the drinks the same strength and size as they always are? I know there has been mention of no pineapple at Ohana and no sourviner glass. But are they trying to server you smaller glasses? Or weaker drinks?
B) Can you really get most drinks off the menus? Minus flights? Is it just me or does it sound too good to be true?

La Cantina de San Angel: nachos & petron margaritas...all alcoholic menu options are included here
This is exactly what I was wondering. I can really get the petrol margarita on the Dining Plan?!?! (And I usually get the nachos, good choice!)

Kona Cafe: breakfast included mimosas, but not flights. Additional drink extra charge, ie. coffee with your mimosa
Did they give you the higher priced item as part of the dinning plan?

Raglon Road: dinner included any alcoholic beverage under $15, but not flights
This seems like an easy way to let everyone know what they can get. And $15 seems like a nice price limit... I would think.

At each table service restaurant we were told what was available for alcohol, it was pretty clear.
Did it seem like it was a bit all over the place with what you could choose from? Were there a lot of exceptions to the rule?

Sorry didn't mean to be confusing.
Maybe this will help:).

NEW FOR 2018: Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) with their meal entitlement.

During the 2017 dining plan NO beverages of any kind were included unless management choose to.

They have always been included, I've had the dining plan for the last 11yrs and it's always included refillable non alcoholic drink

Add me to the confusion bunch! I thought non-alcoholic and non-specialty beverages (i.e. iced tea, soda, coffee, etc) and refills were always included when dining at a TS on the regular or deluxe dining plans. My understanding is that the only thing that has changed for 2018, is that now you can get an alcoholic or specialty beverage (without refills) instead of the tea, soda, etc.

Am I missing something? My family and I are potentially going to do the deluxe DP for a Summer trip and I'm hoping that I understand everything correctly before paying. Thanks!

Edit - Just found this with regards to the 2017 Dining plans:

The 2017 Disney Dining Plan includes:
  • 1 Quick Service Meal (entrée and non-alcoholic drink)
  • 1 Table Service Meal (entrée, dessert, and non-alcoholic drink or full buffet meal)
  • 2 Snacks
  • 1 Resort Refillable Mug per person
The 2017 Deluxe Disney Dining Plan includes:

• 3 Meals (any combination of Quick Service or Table Service (Table Service on the Deluxe Plan includes appetizer, entrée, dessert, and non-alcoholic beverage)
  • 2 Snacks
  • 1 Resort Refillable Mug per person

It's included drinks for the last 11yrs that I've been doing the plan, no idea where the person has been paying for non alcoholic drinks and they have always been refill drinks

Hi Everyone! We are headed to Disney on the 31st and I am debating whether to add the dinning plan. We were going to go ala cart this time, but I am wondering that the inclusion of alcohol might make it worthwhile this trip!

I am wondering a couple things:
A) Are the drinks the same strength and size as they always are? I know there has been mention of no pineapple at Ohana and no sourviner glass. But are they trying to server you smaller glasses? Or weaker drinks?
In my opinion the drinks were the same strength (even a little too strong a couple times) and the glass size the same. The drinks with the glow cubes are even included .

Can you really get most drinks off the menus? Minus flights? Is it just me or does it sound too good to be true?

At QS, all drinks were included for those places we ate.

At TS, most drinks really are included. Our servers were well trained in what is included and not. They were clear, "Everything under $15 except flights" or "Anything under $14 on the menu including specialty cocktails, bottles, draft beer, glass of wine" or "Any glass of wine except Disney Private Label" (which was maybe 5% of wines on The Wave list and was well marked)

The adults in our group enjoyed bottle beer, craft beer on tap, several types of wine, mojitos, margaritas, and specialty cocktails. We all tend to order completely different drinks at each meal!

Ate at 'Ohana tonight, delish. We have the DxDP for 2 adults and 2 kids. We had 5 adult friends meet us, we paid for their meal with our dining plan. All credits were pooled, no differentiation between adult vs. kids, no problem sharing credits. All adults were able to order any specialty drink off the menu, Lapu Lapu comes in regular glass but you can pay to upgrade to have the pineapple (didn't catch how much). I ordered a drink with blinking cube, which was included in the plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter