New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

Thank you for the update! You all are the best!
The app just updated me as well. I am on vacation with limited internet reception and planned to be at a computer just for this. grrrrrr

Past attendees, it's my first D23 and I'm only going on Friday. I'm hoping to get into the Legends Panel but not willing to sleep over night (my bones are too old for that). I've read that Legends tends to be easiest panel to get into, but still unsure.

If I arrive at the convention at 7:30, is that enough time to get through security and be accepted in the Gold line? Or should I try and get a stage pass or standby? What's your advice?

Past attendees, it's my first D23 and I'm only going on Friday. I'm hoping to get into the Legends Panel but not willing to sleep over night (my bones are too old for that). I've read that Legends tends to be easiest panel to get into, but still unsure.

If I arrive at the convention at 7:30, is that enough time to get through security and be accepted in the Gold line? Or should I try and get a stage pass or standby? What's your advice?
Try for a StagePass. You have guaranteed access to the panel with that.

If you really want it, I would suggest Stage pass - last Expo, they stopped letting people into the basement around 6am. They held everyone else outside until around 9 a,m as the overnighters and earlier arrivals have to get brought upstairs and inside first. No telling how far back in the crowd you may be at 7:30 or how long it might take you to get in,

A multi-billion dollar company and they can't handle internet traffic. LOL. And so the waiting game continues...

This irritates me. I took my lunch at so I could be online at noon. (Pt)

My daughter did too. She has training at 3:00 which is when it’s supposed to go live for us now. She was supposed to take Friday and I had Saturday. Whoever got theirs finished first had Sunday. I’ve drafted my husband and given him a crash course in trying to get passes. Ugh!

It's not so much that they can't handle it, but that this happens after how many events? We were all expecting something like this. Weren't they?

Exactly! Perhaps it would have been easier for them if they had an exact number of the amount of tickets sold for the event and on which days people would attend. It might also be helpful if they had a date in mind and set that date and time for over a week, just to prepare and get the kinks out of things....oh wait, they do!

My daughter did too. She has training at 3:00 which is when it’s supposed to go live for us now. She was supposed to take Friday and I had Saturday. Whoever got theirs finished first had Sunday. I’ve drafted my husband and given him a crash course in trying to get passes. Ugh!
I should have known better. This is my first expo but based on MDE and the website issues....yeah. I should have expected this

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter