New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

So up to by my count 46 panels - last year was at 51 so we are either fully announced or very close to it. Definitely some great panels there.
There are gaps for Hall D23 on Sunday afternoon, and the Archives stage on Saturday, but otherwise the schedule looks pretty full.

Did anyone see on Saturday's schedule at 1:30PM, "Secret Walt Disney Company Project" (Announcement on August 22nd)
Any ideas on what it could be?

My guess is an announcement outlining the plans for the 2nd DCL island. The environmental impact study was due to be completed around this time frame so they may be ready to unveil a concept.

Last edited:

Hi gang, we will be attending our very first D23 this year, flying in from Canada. It says we have to pick up our tickets at will call, so does that mean I can't get store pass or stage pass reservation?
Also I keep hearing about lines for the stores... How long is a typical wait to get in? Is it possible to hit all three stores in one day? We're only there on Friday.
Thanks!

The new rules also say to bring a non-glass container to refill with water at drinking fountains. I wonder if that means no water bottles allowed. I recall from last expo that while a few had their water bottles confiscated, most including me did not. I hope we can still bring water, as otherwise the lines at the fountains will be very long.

Note also they have added a specific note regarding suitcases and what size is permitted. Looks to be standard US airline carryon size.

Hi gang, we will be attending our very first D23 this year, flying in from Canada. It says we have to pick up our tickets at will call, so does that mean I can't get store pass or stage pass reservation?
Also I keep hearing about lines for the stores... How long is a typical wait to get in? Is it possible to hit all three stores in one day? We're only there on Friday.
Thanks!
From the “please note” info in the advance reservation section -

Guests outside of the United States who have purchased D23 Expo tickets will be able to participate in advance online reservations. More information on how this process will work will be shared in the next few weeks.

Re the store lines - most are very long first thing. Mickey’s of Glendale and the Disney store tended to be long all day. The Dream Store has the shortest lines. If you are there only Friday, I’d get a store pass for either MOG or the Disney store for late morning or afternoon, hit the other of those two first thing, and then fit the Dream Store in whenever you can,

From the “please note” info in the advance reservation section -

Guests outside of the United States who have purchased D23 Expo tickets will be able to participate in advance online reservations. More information on how this process will work will be shared in the next few weeks.

Re the store lines - most are very long first thing. Mickey’s of Glendale and the Disney store tended to be long all day. The Dream Store has the shortest lines. If you are there only Friday, I’d get a store pass for either MOG or the Disney store for late morning or afternoon, hit the other of those two first thing, and then fit the Dream Store in whenever you can,

Thanks for the advice!!

The new rules say we have to swipe our badges to exit?

Great. Now I'm assuming giant lines to exit.

I suspect lines to enter are long due to security. They don't care what you take out of the Expo, so it's probably just a quick scan and you're out. I don't think it will back up, unless they only have 1 scanner to exit the whole area.

The new rules also say to bring a non-glass container to refill with water at drinking fountains. I wonder if that means no water bottles allowed. I recall from last expo that while a few had their water bottles confiscated, most including me did not. I hope we can still bring water, as otherwise the lines at the fountains will be very long.

By "water bottles" confiscated, do you mean refillable water bottles, like metal ones, or like plastic water bottles from a convenience/grocery store? Did they allow people to enter with refillable bottles last time that were already filled, or did they have to be empty? I saw something in the rules for this year about refillable containers needing to be empty. I don't trust the "rules" since they seem to be selectively enforced. I don't always like water fountain water, because it can have a bad taste and not be chilled.

The lines for water can't be worse than what I have been in to get refillable water at Austin City Limits Festival. I once stood in line for over 30 minutes, and that was with 6 lines at each stand and 3 stands throughout the event. We just started buying water, because there were no lines to buy it :rotfl2:

By "water bottles" confiscated, do you mean refillable water bottles, like metal ones, or like plastic water bottles from a convenience/grocery store? Did they allow people to enter with refillable bottles last time that were already filled, or did they have to be empty? I saw something in the rules for this year about refillable containers needing to be empty. I don't trust the "rules" since they seem to be selectively enforced. I don't always like water fountain water, because it can have a bad taste and not be chilled.
I’m not sure because I never had a problem & was able to bring my convenience store bottles in each day. Some were posting about it in the 2017 Expo thread during the expo. Hopefully someone who experienced this can provide additional clarify for you.

For those that are interested in schedule changes here is a recap of some of the schedule changes since Thursday

Saturday:
A new panel was added to The Walt Disney Archives stage called Secret of Walt Disney's Fun and Fancy Free

Sunday:
Disney Character Voices was moved to Hall D23 from the Arena and starts later (4:15 pm start instead of 3pm start)
The Art of Disney Storytelling was moved to the Arena from Stage 28 and starts earlier (3pm instead of 6pm)

Looks like we now only have the potential for one more panel to be announced for the 6pm slot on Sunday in Stage 28 (although it is also just as likely that they don't fill that spot as people are leaving the expo)

Edit: I missed the previous post about this so sorry about the duplicate messages

The thing that causes me to worry about swiping badges while leaving is the Exodus when the show floor closes. It's just a giant mass of people leaving.

If everyone has to swipe their badge there will be a back up.

Swiping issues kind of depend on how many contact points they utilize...I remember being stuck in a funneled line that had four whole cast members scanning that was horrible. But if they have multiple contact points at multiple doors in multiple places, that might be OK.

WonderCon has been using RFID badges with the scanning in Anaheim for a few years.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter