New car buying help needed!

Carvana sells good cars, but are overpriced.

I don't know where you live, but I find it hard to believe there are no new Elantras in the entire state where you live. It's a VERY popular car.
We are not looking at an Elantra. But thanks for the info on Carvana. The price on the car we are looking at is very reasonable and is below Blue Book, True Price and all the other sites we have looked at.

Don't use KBB as your guide for pricing....you'll loose money.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what car is it that nobody within 800 miles has new? Even that sounds odd to me.

Last edited:
What would you suggest? KBB is what the dealers and finance companies use here in Northern California.

What would you suggest? KBB is what the dealers and finance companies use here in Northern California.

Exactly...that's why you should never use KBB unless you don't mind spending extra. It's a dealers' book, and not all of them use it. Some use Black Book, some just use their imagination.

Really, the best resources to find car value are things like Autotrader, Cars.com, etc... A book can say whatever it wants, but the market will dictate what a car really sells for. Car sales are a hyper competitive environment, so it's pretty uncommon that a dealer would advertise their price far and above what other local dealers will sell the same car for. This is especially true for your more common cars like the Accord or Corolla. That doesn't mean I'll pay that price either, but it's a jumping off point (plus I'm lucky enough to have a strong idea what the car would bring at auction, so I use that to my advantage).

EDIT: Out of curiosity, what car is it that nobody within 800 miles has new? Even that sounds odd to me.
Acura RLX sport hybrid with advance package. Nearest one was over 800 miles away.
While we ended up not using Carvana (we ordered one) we found Carvana's prices to be very reasonable especially since they delivered AND plates were included in the price of the car. We would not have had to go to the DMV and shell out another $7-800 for new plates. They provided the temp plates and then did all the paperwork for the registration and voila, your plates arrive in the mail. The convenience was very, very tempting. But they only had 1 and it was too old for us.

Add to that the Carvana $500 discount coupons (available in multiple facebook groups) and the car was a great price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter