• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Bounceback: Free Dining 2019

It's still a good deal and great to use for AP renewal. The difference is, you're just paying more upfront with a four day ticket.
Not so much for us. There’s usually only 2 of us. So it was marginal which was better savings free DDP or room discount at a moderate back when they had full plan. Now with downgraded plan it’s definatley not a great deal. If we were a fam of 4 Disney adults it would be a better deal.

Is there a minimum stay for this year to qualify for the 2019 free dining? We will be down for 2 nights in October but wondering is that’s enough.
Nothing more than a single night to qualify for the BB offer. The actual BB offered has a 4 day minimum stay.

Dave

We have an upcoming trip early September before our annual passes expire on the 13th. If we take advantage of the BB offer, I’m guessing we can’t use the hoppers to upgrade to the AP until the BB trip begins? Sorry if it’s a dumb question!

Not so much for us. There’s usually only 2 of us. So it was marginal which was better savings free DDP or room discount at a moderate back when they had full plan. Now with downgraded plan it’s definatley not a great deal. If we were a fam of 4 Disney adults it would be a better deal.
For sure. I get what you're saying, if it's just the two of you and you prefer moderate or Deluxe.

Nothing more than a single night to qualify for the BB offer. The actual BB offered has a 4 day minimum stay.

Dave
That’s how I was reading it too but wanted to make sure. Thanks Dave!

Bad news is we don’t have our resort nights booked yet and availability in October is ROUGH!

You are quite correct on the limited availability for this October.

It is going to be a very busy month. There is a Giant Gartner IT conference Gartner Symposium/ITxpo 2018, Oct. 14-18 at the Swan & Dolphin and they have blocks at all the Deluxe resorts + the Coronado Springs and the Caribbean Beach Resort. Many attendees will bring family members and have stays both before and after the conference dates.

This is in addition to the normal Columbus day crowds. October has been shaping up a new busy season.

Dave

Thx for the info! We leave in 20 days and will return for 4 nights prior to our cruise, gotta think about this one, but we will probably snag it up, we plan on staying at AKL

I don't know why Disney keeps excluding POFQ and the Little Mermaid rooms? We arrive for a 10 day stay in 5 days and as of this moment I can book a Little Mermaid room and a Garden View, River View or King Room at POFQ for our entire 10 day stay. I think it's time to start including these in the Free Dining offers.

Do BB offers have a habit of opening to the public later on? We are going beginning of June 2019 so it would work for us. Don't have the vacation time to book a single night for a BB.

Do BB offers have a habit of opening to the public later on? We are going beginning of June 2019 so it would work for us. Don't have the vacation time to book a single night for a BB.
The bb offer typically gets released to the general public at the end of April next year. Usually it’s for stays the beginning of August and beyond though. I doubt if they would include June dates in that offer, but anything is possible.

We have an upcoming trip early September before our annual passes expire on the 13th. If we take advantage of the BB offer, I’m guessing we can’t use the hoppers to upgrade to the AP until the BB trip begins? Sorry if it’s a dumb question!
That is correct. You won't be able to use the park hopper tickets toward the renewal of your annual passes until the park hoppers become active on your check in day. :)

I always see how free dining isn’t really worth it unless you bring a bunch of adults, so I just did the math for myself and my daughter. We would more than likely stay at a value and always stay 10 days. The free dining offer with upgrades to the regular dining plan at Pop is $600+ cheaper than the current room only deal they have for this fall with a stay at ASMu (nothing available for Pop). Though to be fair, the percentage off of values is minimal. Doing the same for a stay at POR has a savings of $700+ because standard rooms are not available for the fall savings deal and I’m assuming they will be for the bounce back as I’ve never had a problem booking standard with a bounce back. This may not be true for some families - the room only savings may be a better deal for some, but I just wanted to throw it out there that for one adult and one child, we always find free dining to be a considerable savings at moderate and values.

Sweet!!! We head down in 18 days and plan on booking a BB at Art of Animation for next August since there will be 6 of us. I will just pay the upgrade for the regular dining plan!! :yay:

we'll be at Disney in 31 days, wish it was a room only BB. :rotfl::rotfl: I have to run the numbers to see the savings for next summer with two rooms.

I always see how free dining isn’t really worth it unless you bring a bunch of adults, so I just did the math for myself and my daughter. We would more than likely stay at a value and always stay 10 days. The free dining offer with upgrades to the regular dining plan at Pop is $600+ cheaper than the current room only deal they have for this fall with a stay at ASMu (nothing available for Pop). Though to be fair, the percentage off of values is minimal. Doing the same for a stay at POR has a savings of $700+ because standard rooms are not available for the fall savings deal and I’m assuming they will be for the bounce back as I’ve never had a problem booking standard with a bounce back. This may not be true for some families - the room only savings may be a better deal for some, but I just wanted to throw it out there that for one adult and one child, we always find free dining to be a considerable savings at moderate and values.

Same here! You really have to do the maths to see what's most valuable to your situation. Like you, I travel with my daughter and we always stay 10 days at Pop. Upgrading the dining plan has always been the most saving for us than a room discount.

Does anyone have details on whether there is a BB Room Discount for 2019 at all? Was really hoping for something in April :worried:

Last edited:
I'm Confused! Our stay is 8/5-8/13 so do we not have a bounceback offer for travel in 2019? it loks like you'd have to come back in 2018? Help.....

We arrive tomorrow on a bounce back from last year. Will definitely be booking this again. I can't believe how LONG a date range the offer has!

I'm Confused! Our stay is 8/5-8/13 so do we not have a bounceback offer for travel in 2019? it loks like you'd have to come back in 2018? Help.....

We have to see if this is available to book right now or on 8/15. The current information is confusing. No one has confirmed they are able to book this as of today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter