New Boards questions- NOTE DATE CHANGE

Wondering if the change will affect the google ads I see. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I did to deserve the "fall in love with Russian beauties" ad I am getting.

Wondering if the change will affect the google ads I see. For the life of me, I can't figure out what I did to deserve the "fall in love with Russian beauties" ad I am getting.

Sounds like a mis-spent youth there Jack ;)

Kinda stinks that there's not an app. That's the only way I've been accessing the dis for over a year now. I'm afraid the font is gunna be small on the mobile version of the website. Guess we'll just have to wait and see. On a side note I'm happy I was able to figure out how to add a link to my phones homepage for the website. I really didn't want to have to search for disboards every time I needed a dis fix.

What will happen to the app we already have? Will it work at all? And are yall thinking about a new app at all or are we just going to have to rely on a mobile site??

What will happen to the app we already have? Will it work at all? And are yall thinking about a new app at all or are we just going to have to rely on a mobile site??

I thought the whole point was that an app would no longer be required, as the new forums will have a fully responsive interface that will adjust the appearance for mobile devices automatically.

Andre

I thought the whole point was that an app would no longer be required, as the new forums will have a fully responsive interface that will adjust the appearance for mobile devices automatically.

Andre
That *is* the whole point (of that bit!)

Sayhello

Yes. Responsive design is a web design concept where websites resize dynamically based on the screen/browser size.

For an example, go to XenForo's own community forum and try resizing your web browser (or view it on your phone):

https://xenforo.com/community/

We will not have a mobile app initially. Our testing shows the responsive design works really well and we are pretty excited about it. If we become convinced that it's not working as well as we hope we will consider an app but there's a lot of factors there

Larry z- Sure mail a check to webmasteralex 1314 Nottingham lane...
:) just kidding, I'll check on that

We will not have a mobile app initially. Our testing shows the responsive design works really well and we are pretty excited about it. If we become convinced that it's not working as well as we hope we will consider an app but there's a lot of factors there
Whether or not a website renders well on a mobile device really has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of mobile sites that render exceptionally well on any device, but users still overwhelmingly prefer native apps over mobile websites. Nothing beats native for responsiveness, performance, look and feel, and most importantly interactivity with the device (e.g. notifications, which that feature alone is reason enough for a mobile forum app). People don't want to compulsively navigate to a mobile website for check for responses to a PM/thread-- they want native notifications on their device to tell them to go check the forum. Any plans to at least provide Tapatalk support?

Whether or not a website renders well on a mobile device really has nothing to do with it. There are plenty of mobile sites that render exceptionally well on any device, but users still overwhelmingly prefer native apps over mobile websites. Nothing beats native for responsiveness, performance, look and feel, and most importantly interactivity with the device (e.g. notifications, which that feature alone is reason enough for a mobile forum app). People don't want to compulsively navigate to a mobile website for check for responses to a PM/thread-- they want native notifications on their device to tell them to go check the forum. Any plans to at least provide Tapatalk support?
People actually happen to love using websites on their mobile devices if they render properly. A lot of native apps work horribly and are far inferior to the original websites. Facebook's app, for example. Just saying. You couldn't pay me to use Facebook's app. And I always turn notifications off, because I can check the website just as easily as having my phone beep at me constantly.

I prefer using native websites on my tablet rather than apps for many things. Facebook is a good example. I even sometimes prefer the desktop version rather than the mobile version of the website.

People actually happen to love using websites on their mobile devices if they render properly. A lot of native apps work horribly and are far inferior to the original websites. Facebook's app, for example. Just saying. You couldn't pay me to use Facebook's app. And I always turn notifications off, because I can check the website just as easily as having my phone beep at me constantly.

See I'm the opposite. I have never found a mobile site that I like. Anytime something has a mobile site I switch to desktop version and both irritate me to use on my phone. I prefer apps, but maybe I'm in the minority with that thought.

People should try out the new site on the new platform on their mobile devices before requesting mobile apps. There are other forums that use this platform where they can test it out now to see how they like it. Or at least go to the company's community forum as others have already suggested.

I am a member of another board that uses this software and we have the ability to request a change to our username. Will we have that option on this now too (within reason) after the conversion?

People should try out the new site on the new platform on their mobile devices before requesting mobile apps. There are other forums that use this platform where they can test it out now to see how they like it. Or at least go to the company's community forum as others have already suggested.

I work in web services of a company. I know about mobile sites. I've been on many forums that use mobile sites without an app. It's just my opinion that I don't like to use them so I was asking if there was a possibility of an app not requesting one. I am very go with the flow so if everyone like the new version I'll deal cause I love the DIS. But on the off chance that there are others like me who prefer an app id rather make my opinion known just incase. Not trying to hurt anyone or put anything down.

I work in web services of a company. I know about mobile sites. I've been on many forums that use mobile sites without an app. It's just my opinion that I don't like to use them so I was asking if there was a possibility of an app not requesting one. I am very go with the flow so if everyone like the new version I'll deal cause I love the DIS. But on the off chance that there are others like me who prefer an app id rather make my opinion known just incase. Not trying to hurt anyone or put anything down.

I understand your point. I too prefer the functionality of the mobile apps. This particular software is not as bad as viewing the vBulletin boards in Safari or other mobile browsers. The fonts and the display are a little nicer so I was suggesting the people give it a try. Not singling you out in particular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter