New Beginnings:WISHES- come join

I hear y'all and need to get into shape myself. My father and I were walking everyday after the kids got on the bus earlier this year, but when summer came, the kids wanted to sleep in and I couldn't leave them alone for that long. With the kids back in school, I need to start that again.

Funny story. I went to the mall yesterday (it's a good hour away from where I live) and I stopped at the Disney Store (thinking I would just look- right!!). Someone had returned a Mickey tankini from Disney Shopping. I checked out the size, looked it over and thought it would fit. I get it home, try it on. The top fit fine- a little big, but I kinda like it that way. I put the bottoms on and OMG they fell right off!!! I knew their suits ran big, but not THAT big! Oh well, it made me feel good even if it was just for a few seconds!:rotfl: If I can get the bottoms altered, I will keep it.;)

Here's my take on the word DIET.

People have tried to change the meaning of the word. A diet is just the food you eat every day, and since we have to eat, you can't not be on a diet.

But you have to change your way of thinking. Instead of thinking of diet as a bad word, think of it for what it really is - what you eat. It's not about depriving yourself or starving yourself, it's about eating and you choose whether you want to eat a Big Mac everyday or if you want to eat healthier.

According to my dictionary: DIET is "one's usual food or drink". You can change your diet and eat good stuff or bad stuff, but either way, it's still your diet.

I'm going to be eating everyday for the rest of my life. What I eat is my choice and cutting something out isn't dieting, it's just changing my diet. I'm not one of those people who says "no I can't have that, I'm on a diet." The food is always going to be there. If I want something, I'm going to have it - it's just how much of it I'm going to have. Make small changes. If you want a piece of cake - have it, but make it a smaller piece than you would normally have.

Part of the problem is that our portion sizes have expanded. Some of us were brought up in the "clean your plate" generation. While I do agree with that in some sense, you have to make sure that the portions you take are the size where cleaning your plate doesn't mean stuffing yourself. (Of course that totally doesn't apply at any restaurant, so you need to know when to say when because cleaning your plate means you've eaten enough for a family of 4.)

I went to dinner with friends a couple weeks ago. I barely made a dent in my plate while a few others practically licked theirs clean. I can't do that. I know my limits and I've trained myself to stop when I've had enough. There is a girl here at work always complaining that she needs to lose weight, yet the size of her meals could feed my husband and I both. She needs to start by making the small changes - cut back, not necessarily out.

That is what has worked for me in the past and I'm getting back on that plan. Combine that with my workouts and I think I'll be in good shape. Just have to remember that the weight isn't going to just fall off - it will take time. But like I said, I'm going to be eating for the rest of my life, so trying to do it all at once won't help. Slow, steady changes are the ones that I'll be able to live with every day.

Did
I
Eat
That??????? :scared:

That is what it means to me. I prefer healthy eating habits, or lifestyle change.

I only did 2 laps today, 3 miles. My foot hurts more without shoes so the walking was fine, I just tried to walk on the inside of my foot rather than the outside. DD was getting fussy though so we called it quits. Tomorrow I may have to do the mall because it's supposed to rain.
Going through my Disney pics the other day did me in. I look like crap! And the fact that I had to buy new jeans the next size up last week. Very frustrating. So my goal is to look better at the August Scrapbook meet at Disney next year. I don't really care if I'm at goal but I would like to be close. I have a year, which is a good start.
My big thing is I need to stop all late night snacking, that is my down fall. When DH is not here we eat early (6pm) so I snack after the kids go to bed. When he is home sometimes we eat as late as 8 or 9, that needs to stop. He doesn't eat breakfast so lunch comes early for him and then he'll eat again around 4. He totally messes everything up. So my schedule gets off kilter.

I am in. I am working on at least losing inches if i can't actually see the difference on the scale. I have been really good for the past couple of months since I joined curves. Although I am debating whether I will get there tonight or not. I have a few more things to get ready for our trip this weekend. I will definately enjoy encouraging everyone else as well as continuing to motivate myself.

Rebecca

Rebecca, how do you like curves? I'm trying to con my mom into taking DD for about an hour 2 days a week so I can join Curves or Butterfly Life. Walking is great but I need a bit more you know.

I am planning on meeting a friend to treadmill tonight at the Y.
work_out.gif

What I need to do more than anything is to stop getting on the scale. I am making myself crazy weighing myself two or three times a day. I know they say only weigh yourself once a week, but I am getting obsessed!:faint:

I tried curves, and I really liked it. My problem was that it hurt my injured knee, and I wasn't able to use all the machines. But the whole idea of the place is great, and you are done fast. I did have to quit though after the Dr said to stop.

I think I will talk to my chiropractor about Curves. I would love to have a home gym but we don't have the room right now.

Count me in. :thumbsup2

I need to lose some, while quite a few pounds, as well. I have lost 7 due to the knee surgery, but I wouldn't recommend that way to anyone! I am going to try water aerobics as part of my physical therapy if it is available at the places I can go to--that was one recommendation from the dr.

Then, once therapy is over, I would like to continue the water aerobics and will walk--I like to walk, so that is no problem. I also have a pact with a fellow teacher--no pop during the school week. So far, it is good. I have a cup of tea to start my day, a class of milk for lunch, and ahuge mug that I fill with water to drink for the day. Then on Fridays, we reward ouirselves with a QT steamer if we have followed through all week. We are pretty brutal with each other if we feel the urge to mess up! I can really tell the difference in my body and how I feel, just by eliminating the pop!

My dh and ds are also eliminating pop. Then on the weekends we can have ONE pop a day, but usually don't even drink that! Water is so much better!

We eliminated the pop from our daily diet also. I have noticed a huge improvement in the boys. They do get a few calories with Lipton green & white ice teas, but it is much better than all the caffine & sugar they were getting before. We can have soda when we eat out and that isn't very often anymore.

I am in, too! I so have to lose some weight! Yikes. My DD just asked me the other day: When I am as old as you, will I be as fat as you? Nice.

Rebecca, how do you like curves? I'm trying to con my mom into taking DD for about an hour 2 days a week so I can join Curves or Butterfly Life. Walking is great but I need a bit more you know.

I love it. I go in the mornings at 6 and then go off to school on Monday, Wednesdays, and fridays. I go some Tuesday and thursday afternoons. I love changing stations ever 30 seconds so i am not bored with what I am doing. Also our gym has a lot of teachers at it and the encourage us to get to know one another. they have a question of the day to ponder and answer (they draw a winner of a little prize). We also have a frame game or boggle up to look at and think about while exercising. They keep a bingo game going (they do 3 balls each day) and the winner of each thing gets a prize.

They have most of the machines but they elimanated the one that causes the most neck and back problems when they moved the gym. I have found that it has made me feel healthier and according to my monthly measurements in the last 2 months I have lost 6 inches overall and 3 around my abdomen, so I feel like i am getting results.

Rebecca

How much water are you drinking a day? I am trying to increase my water intake, but I don't like water!:guilty:

Not enough. I really need to drink the water over the white raspberry tea.

I did get my other .5 miles in this evening. A little under 10 minutes at 3.5 miles per hour with some cool down after that. The little machine on the treadmill said my hear rate was 52 at start and I upped it to 153 while walking. If it's correct that is. It's been in the barn for a few years so I'm not sure just how accurate it is. But I did work up a sweat. Ick.

How much water are you drinking a day? I am trying to increase my water intake, but I don't like water!:guilty:

I drink about 64 ounces of water per day, plus 2 % milk in the morning (sometimes) and at dinner.
Have you tried the flavored water or the crystal light single packets? I like the iced tea and the lemonade.

I was a big soda drinker my whole life, now I only have it on occasion.

I drink at least 10 ounces before school. I drink 3 to 4- 16 ounces bottles at school and another 24 ounces afterschool. So I guess I drink between 82 and 98 ounces a day.

Mys sister took a nutrition class in college and the teacher said to drink one ounce for every ounce you weigh then you will wiegh than you will lose wieght but I know I would be drowning if I tried to do that.

Rebecca

Mys sister took a nutrition class in college and the teacher said to drink one ounce for every ounce you weigh then you will wiegh than you will lose wieght but I know I would be drowning if I tried to do that.

Rebecca

good lord, I would never leave the potty!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter