New App for Fast Passes

LisaT91403

DIS Veteran
I just read an article in the LA Times about a new app called Pass It Forward. It allows you to post if you have Fast Passes that you aren't going to use, and want to "pass forward" to someone in the parks. You can also post if you are looking for FP's for a particular ride.

I haven't tried it out yet, but it sounds pretty cool. Sometimes we have FP's that we've decided not to use, and we always like to give them to someone...but sometimes it's hard to find people who want the passes.

When we have fast passes for a ride we are not going to use, I will just go to the people heading into the standby line and give them away. If we are nowhere near the ride I have not had to ask more than 2 people to find someone who is happy to take and use them. I am not going to fuss with an app for something like that.

I wish they had this in Disney World. But I guess Fastpass plus wouldn't be compatible with this.

When we have fast passes for a ride we are not going to use, I will just go to the people heading into the standby line and give them away. If we are nowhere near the ride I have not had to ask more than 2 people to find someone who is happy to take and use them. I am not going to fuss with an app for something like that.
True- but this is nice for people who may be looking for passes, like Radiator Springs Racers which run out super early. My odds of someone walking up to me with unused tickets is pretty low, compared to having some place to monitor for possible extras

I just downloaded the app but it wants my email and I'm not crazy about maybe getting spammed. Has anyone actually used this app yet and if so have you been getting any extra junk mail?

True- but this is nice for people who may be looking for passes, like Radiator Springs Racers which run out super early. My odds of someone walking up to me with unused tickets is pretty low, compared to having some place to monitor for possible extras

True, but the odds of people putting in that amount of effort to give their fast passes away is low to begin with, never mind having to mess around with an app and using data to do so in Disneyland.

I think this entire idea is a miss unless there is an incentive attached to doing so.

True, but the odds of people putting in that amount of effort to give their fast passes away is low to begin with, never mind having to mess around with an app and using data to do so in Disneyland.

I think this entire idea is a miss unless there is an incentive attached to doing so.

I think you are right. I think many people would be willing to check the app to see if FP's are available for a ride that they really want to go on, but the wait is too long. That part seems easy, and the people are motivated to check the app. On the other hand, if you have FPs that you aren't going to use, would you really take the time out of your day to post them on the app and then go meet up with someone? The only motivation is to do a good deed, but the downside is that you lose time out of your day.

Sellng fast passes, now that would be an incentive. I bet there would be a market for that. Somewhat like a Craigslist for fast passes while n the parks. Although it's probably against rules.

No... Disney World doesn't offer paper Fastpasses. It would be great if something could be worked out. Maybe a notification if someone has dropped a fastpass and a slot has become available. Or a waitlist system.
Ah bummer. I havent been to WDW since New Years 2008, so havent used the new Fastpass+ system. It seems to have a love/hate relationship.

I just read an article in the LA Times about a new app called Pass It Forward. It allows you to post if you have Fast Passes that you aren't going to use, and want to "pass forward" to someone in the parks. You can also post if you are looking for FP's for a particular ride.

I haven't tried it out yet, but it sounds pretty cool. Sometimes we have FP's that we've decided not to use, and we always like to give them to someone...but sometimes it's hard to find people who want the passes.
Yeah, last time we tried to randomly give passes to some people for Star Tours, and the first family said they didnt like the ride, so we got a little discouraged and kept them. We happened to be walking out in Main Street and didnt want to turn around to go to the ride to find people who would want them. So we are pretty excited to see if this works for us in a couple weeks. :)

We just give them to people who seem like they would like them, are in the standby line, have kids (if appropriate) or look like they need a nice thing to happen.

Someone just left a pair for HMH on the FP kiosk that we were able to use. Lots of great ways to spread the FP wealth. I'll be curious to watch the app, but can't imagine it's really going to be heavily enough used to matter.

Please don't take offense, definitely not trying to be rude, but why would someone need an incentive? In the most busy of days, knowing that I've helped someone get out of a 45 minute wait would make me happy if I couldn't use the passes myself. Thank goodness for fastpasses, I wish Peter Pan and Midway Mania had FP

Please don't take offense, definitely not trying to be rude, but why would someone need an incentive? In the most busy of days, knowing that I've helped someone get out of a 45 minute wait would make me happy if I couldn't use the passes myself. Thank goodness for fastpasses, I wish Peter Pan and Midway Mania had FP

Because most humans need incentive to do pretty much anything. I say that having given away my fare share of fast passes that we didn't end up using in our last 4 visits, I hate to leave with a valid fast pass someone else could use, but I have never spent more than a minute or two giving them away. On the flip side I have NEVER had someone give me one! It's just blind luck.

My point is this would require effort - saying "heh, you want these fast passes?" is easy - but I am not going on an app - trying to meet up with someone in a convenient location and handing over fast passes - honestly, it's too much trouble, there is a reason I am not using the fast pass which is likely that I am heading elsewhere. I have tried giving away stuff for free on the internet - you'd be surprised at what people ask for when you are giving them something - "can you deliver it, cause I don't have access to a vehicle" " can you guarantee it will still work" - when someone is giving something away, there should not be a lot of effort involved.

Maybe I am being skeptical - I would guess that most people don't bother to even try to give away their fast passes, and most people don't want to use apps when at Disney - so putting those two things together I think there'd be an app with a whole pile of people looking for fast passes and very few being offered and then it might escalate and if Disney found people were offering some form of payment then they'd likely try to shut it down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter