• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New adventures?

EllinK

DIS Veteran
I just read on another board that ABD is going to New Zealand! True or false? Anyone know?

I came over for the same reason. I don't see an ABD in the cards for us in 2021, but my husband surprised me by saying he is still interested in future ABDs because he loved the guides so much. I am curious to see what's new.

Two destinations I am actually extremely interested in, but not booking anything until there is a vaccine. Oh, well!

Sayhello
Totally agree! DH has been dying to to New Zealand/Australia (me not as much). And DD20 did her second year archaeological dig in Portugal in September and loved it. But not booking anything until this is further along. At least it give me some intriguing options for 2022 if the Wish gets pushed back and my river cruise no longer includes that excursion.

I just returned from NZ early March and it looks like a fun itinerary. I was amused that the hotel in Auckland is listed as the Park Hyatt since that has had its opening pushed back several times. Who knows maybe 2022 will be its year!

Totally agree! DH has been dying to to New Zealand/Australia (me not as much). And DD20 did her second year archaeological dig in Portugal in September and loved it. But not booking anything until this is further along. At least it give me some intriguing options for 2022 if the Wish gets pushed back and my river cruise no longer includes that excursion.
That's what I'm thinking. 2022 is a good maybe.

It's interesting that 2/3 of the New Zealand departures are Adults Only trips. (6 out of 9)

Sayhello

I just returned from NZ early March and it looks like a fun itinerary. I was amused that the hotel in Auckland is listed as the Park Hyatt since that has had its opening pushed back several times. Who knows maybe 2022 will be its year!

What did you think of NZ?

NZ could be really interesting. I've always wanted to go there since watching the lord of the ring movies!

At what point will they announce new dates in late 2021 or 2022 for existing itineraries?
That's what I'm thinking. 2022 is a good maybe.

It's interesting that 2/3 of the New Zealand departures are Adults Only trips. (6 out of 9)

Sayhello

Maybe ABD is anticipating a lot of families with kids not wanting to travel so far? Who knows...

What did you think of NZ?

I really enjoyed the time I spent there and would definitely go back tomorrow if allowed or wise (I recognize neither is the case today). We were fortunate and had wonderful weather (late Feb-early Mar) and the people were friendly, the landscape diverse and it (unlike several other countries) is now on my To Return List.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter