New adventures?

Fingers crossed but the post a few up from this the guy went they sane thing and got another placeholder. I’ll hope for best!
The placeholder was likely the option they *chose*. You generally get at least 2 or three options if ABD cancels. You can also choose a full refund. (Again, *if* ABD cancels.)

Sayhello

The placeholder was likely the option they *chose*. You generally get at least 2 or three options if ABD cancels. You can also choose a full refund. (Again, *if* ABD cancels.)

Sayhello
Ok that’s great. I assumed bc I booked as a placeholder they would push me back to placeholder status if they cancel. Thanks!

Yeah that's not gonna happen. It didn't to me. And if they try to pull that on you, refuse to accept it because any time a company cancels on you, you legally deserve your money back.
So your trip was a credit and place holder trip? Meaning your deposit was a credit from a past trip and initially nonrefundable but since they cancelled on you you received complete refund? This isn’t what happened to someone else and n another thread so I just want to be prepared with the words to use to get it allll back

So your trip was a credit and place holder trip? Meaning your deposit was a credit from a past trip and initially nonrefundable but since they cancelled on you you received complete refund? This isn’t what happened to someone else and n another thread so I just want to be prepared with the words to use to get it allll back
I think it would help if you linked to this post in the other thread, because I do not recall someone saying they could not get a refund of their full deposit/payment after *ABD* cancelled.

Sayhello

Yes indeed. I had NYC one year booked for August. Then decided, after deposit was nonrefundable, to make it a placeholder cause my plans changed. I then put that placeholder on NYC in December, which ABD canceled. I moved the deposit to another December NYC date, and that was also canceled by ABD. I decided I wanted my money back and got it.

I think you might be referring to my situation (or maybe not, but here's what happened):

So about a week before England/France cancelled last month, I had decided I wasn't going and risking my family's health and I didn't want to take a loss on insurance, so I basically called and pestered an ABD supervisor who was nice enough at that time to give me a full credit to be used within a year. I thought that was a good tradeoff. However, after the ABD actually cancelled, my TA called to get a refund and they told her and me that since I had taken the credit option already, I couldn't get a refund.

I found that completely unfair and kept pestering the same ABD supervisor until she agreed to give me a refund.

This might be what you're referring to? As others have pointed out, you should always have the option of a complete refund if ABD cancels. In my case it was a little different, and they tried to play a game with me, but I still got a refund by being persistent - Remember you will get nowhere, ever, with the vacationistas. Always escalate to a sup and if you get a good one keep calling that same one.

@scottmel
I had to call ABD for something else and happened to confirm that I would get my money back for a trip that is canceled by ABD, even though the funds used for that trip was from a trip that I rebooked.

what number did you call? We’ve tried to call a few times today and keep getting disconnected and other weird things. Just wondering if it’s us. We called the 1800 from the website.

what number did you call? We’ve tried to call a few times today and keep getting disconnected and other weird things. Just wondering if it’s us. We called the 1800 from the website.
Book Now to Save on Your Next Adventures by Disney Vacation
To book, call (877) 728-7282 or contact your Travel Agent to take advantage of this limited time Adventures by Disney Special Offer.

Yes indeed. I had NYC one year booked for August. Then decided, after deposit was nonrefundable, to make it a placeholder cause my plans changed. I then put that placeholder on NYC in December, which ABD canceled. I moved the deposit to another December NYC date, and that was also canceled by ABD. I decided I wanted my money back and got it.
Thank you!!!!!!

I think you might be referring to my situation (or maybe not, but here's what happened):

So about a week before England/France cancelled last month, I had decided I wasn't going and risking my family's health and I didn't want to take a loss on insurance, so I basically called and pestered an ABD supervisor who was nice enough at that time to give me a full credit to be used within a year. I thought that was a good tradeoff. However, after the ABD actually cancelled, my TA called to get a refund and they told her and me that since I had taken the credit option already, I couldn't get a refund.

I found that completely unfair and kept pestering the same ABD supervisor until she agreed to give me a refund.

This might be what you're referring to? As others have pointed out, you should always have the option of a complete refund if ABD cancels. In my case it was a little different, and they tried to play a game with me, but I still got a refund by being persistent - Remember you will get nowhere, ever, with the vacationistas. Always escalate to a sup and if you get a good one keep calling that same one.
Yes!! It was you thanks for clarifying. I have asked this direct question 3 times to abd prior to the virus more in concern of low number cancel and was told each time it woykd be moved to different date. I will be persistent if cancelled. Thanks!

Ponzi Scheme! Lol yes I guess that is what I described! I missed the Pete rant..how do I find? I could guest star on the next episode! Ok so if my PIF is due 5/8 and I pay and they cancel me later, I receive my BALANCE I JUST PAID back but they once again take the deposit and float it another year etc. I am just confused when you state your Christmas trip can't be moved but that is only b/c they haven't cancelled that correct? Should they cancel your XMAS trip you would get a refund and then the floating deposit.... Correct?
It starts around the 27 minute mark

Agree 100% with the sentiments in the video and above. Reality is there will be enough pent up demand for travel once things start opening up again that I don’t think ABD will have much trouble filling their trips.

I wonder if they may look at more domestic itineraries (Hawaii reboot?) for families hesitant to travel internationally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter