NEW 15th DVC hotel~ Riviera Resort/ Gondola~ Will there be air conditioning debate

Florida. Summer. There will be AC.

Exactly. I can only imagine the funk if they were to go without. If this is a big selling point to this DVC (which I expect it will be due to the location) then it's gonna have to be a cabin with some air in it. Personally, if it's got the right amenities and not hugely overpriced on points per night, I'd definitely try it out to stay there. No need to buy but I'm optimistic it'll be nice. I wish it was going in at Coronado instead. I liked that location a whole lot.

Can't tell much theming from the concept art. Mexican riviera? French riviera?

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...elopment-disney-riviera-resort-300488813.html

I'm hoping French Riviera based on the mansard style roof lines in that picture!

With the mention of the rooftop fireworks viewing and the initial sketch, I'm getting the vibe that they are taking some cues from the Four Seasons on property. We've stayed there and loved the rooftop. And the rooms, and the food, and the pools lol!

We own at VGF and I've been looking for an Epcot area add-on. This could be interesting depending upon transportation to EP and HS.

It would be nice if they build the Riveria resort to be as up scale as VGF. DVC will never be as deluxe as a Four Seasons, but if it was like VGF, Aulani or VGC then it could really attract more buyers. Add in a second bathroom in the one bedroom with a fifth bed and it will really attract buyers.

As to the pool, I am pretty sure some of the plans showed a pool, but not much in the details. I expect it will be similar in size to the one just opening at Wilderness Lodge. But that doesn't have a slide. If they could add a slide to the BLT pool they could add to one the size of the Boulder Cove Pool.

Be very interested to see where this lands. The pressure to add more DVC closer to Epcot and HS will be addressed.. Slated to open after both Star Wars and Toy Story open at HS, this property could be pretty attractive. First stand alone property apparently in a while too.

Moderate resort owners get to enjoy Grand Floridian amenities? Wow, that would be a great selling point for new buyers. It's like advertising for DVC cruise privilege. But it's extremely unfair for current Grand Flrodian owners, no?

Moderate resort owners get to enjoy Grand Floridian amenities? Wow, that would be a great selling point for new buyers. It's like advertising for DVC cruise privilege. But it's extremely unfair for current Grand Flrodian owners, no?
No. If it's an issue for VGF owners(or any resort owner), they can just stay at their resort and will not be impacted.

I think people are confused because this is being built in what were some of the grounds for CBR. It's not CBR it's just on some of the old land. It's standalone and will be deluxe like every other DVC as far as I can tell. The map I've seen even appears to show it will have it's own gondola station.

The renderings suggest it's glass all the way around so we'll see.

Cabin they look to be using is the new 10 seater see attached taken from brochure. If you look at the Disney rendering it has bars instead of front windows ( zoom in on Mickey and Minnie in it). Looks like standard capacity is 4500 an hour, but not sure if that will be x3 given the different lines, and that is in each direction. Not sure what monorail capacity is for comparison?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170717-110815.png
    Screenshot_20170717-110815.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 64
See attached zoomed in.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170717-111104.png
    Screenshot_20170717-111104.png
    463.1 KB · Views: 93
Cabin they look to be using is the new 10 seater see attached taken from brochure. If you look at the Disney rendering it has bars instead of front windows ( zoom in on Mickey and Minnie in it). Looks like standard capacity is 4500 an hour, but not sure if that will be x3 given the different lines, and that is in each direction. Not sure what monorail capacity is for comparison?
As I look at the drawings the front view shows the back of a seat and appears to have glass over the front. The others in the distance appear to have glass all the way around, we'll see.

I think people are confused because this is being built in what were some of the grounds for CBR. It's not CBR it's just on some of the old land. It's standalone and will be deluxe like every other DVC as far as I can tell.
Any resort that DVC builds will be classified as Deluxe Villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter