Nemesis Challenge 3 AKA Marathon Weekend 2015

IamTrike said:
Half is at 85% now. I think it might make it to tomorrow, but I wouldn't count on it. As it still has 3750 slots open. The Goofy and Full may both make it for a week or two before they sell out.

How can you see how many slots are open?

How can you see how many slots are open?
I'm just guessing. There are about 25K slots total for the half and for the full. 15% of that would be about 3700

5k and 10K each have 10,000 slots. I think last year about half that was allocated to Dopey.
If there are 5K dopey runners and say half of the full and half slots are allocated to Goofy/Dopey runners it'd mean best case scenario there are about 7K Goofy spots. I think it's hard to believe you'd have all 5k Dopey spots sell out before you can sell 3500 Goofy spots.

I'm in for the full.

Goofy medal was tempting, but in the end I can't commit to training for that again.

We signed up for our first ever run of any kind today! Eek! My fiancé and I will be running the 1/2 on our honeymoon. Now I hope I don't get swept up!

Apparently, the $10 off DVC registration ended when the general public registration opened today. :headache:

Now, do I register without telling my wife? 1/2 is 80% full. :rolleyes:

I'm in your boat. Should I or shouldn't I.....

Good Luck in all of your training, runners. I wish I could join you this year. No, I REALLY wish I could join you. I addition to not having the vacation time/budget to get down there in January, I wrecked my knee on Easter Sunday playing soccer with my son and nephews. I planted to kick the ball and my left knee gave a POP and crumpled to the ground. It's been swollen and painful since, and I've been icing it and getting around on crutches until I can get in to see the orthopedic doc on Friday morning. Incidentally, his name is Dr. Moe. I guess given the choice between him, Dr. Larry and Dr Curley, I guess I'd rather have him. :rotfl2:
. Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope all goes well Friday.

So as of this morning only the Full and the Goofy aren't sold out. I hope that everyone that wanted to get into the half did.

So roughly how many DisDads are running during Marathon weekend? As for ToT 10 miler I know of myself and 2 others.

It's a bummer how quickly these things get sold out. Was it always like this? I don't remember having to sign up on day one before. You really have to be on your game and sign up immediately. Do Disney Visa holders get a head start on registration? I don't remember seeing the e-mail about that. I'm looking at 2016 Marathon Weekend for either the full, Goofy, or Dopey.

I'm signed up.
that's nice!

So roughly how many DisDads are running during Marathon weekend? As for ToT 10 miler I know of myself and 2 others.
Running the 1/2! :wave2:

It's a bummer how quickly these things get sold out. Was it always like this? I don't remember having to sign up on day one before. You really have to be on your game and sign up immediately. Do Disney Visa holders get a head start on registration? I don't remember seeing the e-mail about that. I'm looking at 2016 Marathon Weekend for either the full, Goofy, or Dopey.
I'm not sure about Disney cardholders but DVC got a week or so to sign up. I can't believe how quick they have been selling out. I signed up in June (6/12) for the 2013 1/2. :confused3

So as of this morning only the Full and the Goofy aren't sold out. I hope that everyone that wanted to get into the half did.

It hasn't ever been like this... A few years back the registration was open into October. I'm shocked that it is selling so quick.

Sweet, running the half also. Hoping to find a fellow dad to pace, I'm pretty sure with my training I could finish around 2:30 hrs, but prob will be able to improve on that.

I'm shooting for 2:10 <--- 10 min miles. That is the pace I run now although I'm only running 3-3.5 miles a few times a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter