Need your prayers and good thoughts for Kevin

Kevin- hope all goes well today- you have TONS of thoughts, prayers, magic and pixie dusting flying about! hopefully we will be hearing an update with the good news soon. hang in there guys!:grouphug:

I know I'm a bit late, but wanted to send along my prayers and well wishes also.

Pete, I hope you will post an update as soon as you can. We all are anxious to hear that everything went well.::yes::

Oh my lord, I hope everything goes well... I will keep Kevin, as well as John in my prayers over the next few weeks.

I just found this thread and wanted to say have a speedy recovery Kevin! By the time I am writing this I am sure your surgery is over and you are on your way to recovering nicely. Lots of well wishes!!:grouphug:

I hope the recovery goes well - hang in there. Just think, it is warm there, not like the -35F we have here in Fairbanks, AK. :thumbsup2

Kevin, so sorry I missed this! I wish you best results and a great surgeon.

Avid listener, who hides on the DCL board. I have learned my lesson, hang on the PC board, this way I will know when the people who make me smile on the subway are in tough times.

Pj

That is the truth and I know it.

The DR's office just called to remind me that I have surgery in the morning.

Did they think I might forget?

Do other people forget??????

YES!

People forget they're having surgery. I've called patients at home asking them if everything is ok because of the no show. I can hear the hand slap the forehead...

Most of the time, people forget that they shouldn't be having breakfast that morning. Here's a pre-op conversation (portions are 100% true - I just put them into one fictional conversation):

Dr.: Did you have anything to eat today?

Patient: Nope.

Dr.: Anything to drink?

Patient: Nothing to drink... except a latte.

Dr.: Did you know you weren't supposed to do that?

Patient: I thought that was ok. It's just a latte.

Dr.: Didn't we talk about no eating or drinking from midnight the night before until after surgery?

Patient: I didn't think a latte and a muffin would be a problem.

Dr.: You had a muffin, too?

Patient: A little one.

Dr.: So, you ate a muffin and drank a latte.

Patient: and I had hash browns.

Dr.: You realize you are a diabetic.

Patient: I used splenda in my latte.

Dr.: OK, you ate nothing today... except for hash browns, a muffin and a latte. And your sugar is prbably 300. We may have to postpone the surgery for another day.

Patient: Postpone? Why?
:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter