Need to have both parties on the phone to transfer points?

borgthe

DIS Veteran
I have transferred points many many times. Today, I was told I had to have both parties on the phone at the same time. I asked when that changed. She said 6 to 8 months ago. I said I don't know how to make a conference call so what do I do. She said then that wouldn't be an option. What is going on here?

CM is correct...been in place since at least last fall. I don't know if they had issues or complaints...but the lines are recorded and I believe they go over the rules with both...have not done it since the change.

If you call from an Iphone...once you are on the call...there will be a + sign that allows you to call and then connect together all three parties.

Yep,that happened to me last year. I called first and then I believe MS called the person I was transferring points to? Don't quote me on that but it worked out.

The reason that it's crazy is what is the downside if someone gets points transferred to their account?

The reason that it's crazy is what is the downside if someone gets points transferred to their account?

Maybe they have had problems with it being done wrong? Or someone saying they didn’t get them.

At least with both parties, they confirm they have all the correct info.

If you have an iphone, you can ask one person to wait, call the other line, then when the other line picks up, there is a button to "merge" the calls....

Last edited:
If you have an iphone, you can ask one person to wait, call the other line, then when the other line picks up, there is a button to "merge" the calls....

Also available on Android phones.

When I transferred points recently, I did my part and then the CM asked that I get the other person on the phone. I got him on, merged the calls, and the CM spoke to him for a while, then asked me a question, then back to him, and the points were transferred. The most annoying thing was that the CM put us on hold, and forced us to listen to music at high volume. We would have preferred to have a chat, instead.

I figured out how to do it with our old AT&T handheld landline and our Samsung phones by using Google and searching by “[model number] and conference call”.

I received transferred points 5 years ago and both parties had to be on 3 way call with MS back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter