Need some help......

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
Okay. Here is the deal. I have stayed at Portofino and RPR. This summer I will be staying at HRH for the first time. Well, my wife and I decided that we will make a quick trip to Universal. Probably this weekend. Sooooooo excited. So here is my question: where should I stay? Club level at RPR or a room at the HRH????? I want to stay at the HRH, but I was thinking I should save that for my special trip this summer. What do you think? I know both resorts are great, so I know I won't miss out either way, but I am not sure. What would you do?

I would definatley book HRH if it is available. I am sure you will love it and want to return in August. However...on the off chance that you do not like it as well as say RPR, then you could return to RPR for your summer trip and probably save yourself a bit of $$$ if you are staying more than one night. Also, in the unlikely event you do not care for the HRH as much as the RPR, you won't have to spend your trip wishing you had booked RPR instead. I know I have bored you all with stories about how much my DS 11 loves the HRH pool because of the basketball area, but I can see how younger children would prefer the play area at the RPR pool. I know that you have mentioned how much you and your son loved playing at the RPR pool SpideyHulk. Since you Floridians are unlikely to put your big toe into a swimming pool in December, you may want to check out HRH now and see if it will be suitable for your August vacation.l

I love HRH but I would definitely stay RPR club over a standard room at HRH. I also like your idea of saving HRH for your "special" trip in the summer. Most of the trips I take are on short to very short notice and I usually stay at whatever hotel has availability. I don't know how busy it will be this weekend but that might make up your mind for you.

Spidey,
I think you should do HRH this weekend if you can. That way if you don't like it, you won't spend your "big" vacation there and can go somewhere you know you will like. If you love it - think how excited you will be for your upcoming trip. BTW, I have stayed at both and prefer HRH - but NOT club level there - if you want to do club go to RPR.

I'm curious, TigerLilly's Mom, what is the difference between the club levels at HRH and RPR that makes RPR club worth it and HRH not?

I have only stayed at HRH club and I think it is not worth it. The food was not very good and you feel like a herd of cattle when you go into that room. I love the hotel though and would stay there over the RPR - I liked the RPR, but just prefer the HRH. I wasn't sure if Spidey definately wanted to stay club or not, but I have heard good things about RPR club, so if he was going to stay club, then RPR would be better in IMO. But, for a regular room, I would stay at HRH. Did that make sense?? LOL

I agree 100% with TigerLilly's Mom. The offerings on club level at HRH are not that great and the lounge is very small. You do feel like a herd of cattle trying to get to the food before everyone else. During busy times the line is very long and seats let alone tables are very hard to come by. The RPR club lounge is huge with many more tables and two TV's at each end. This enables everyone to see a TV unlike at HRH where they are in hidden areas usually stuffed with people. The lines at RPR aren't bad at all and IMO the food is a little better as is the selection of beer and wine. But if it's about a standard room I would stay at HRH over RPR because the rooms are bigger and HRH is my fave.

Thank you TigerLilly's Mom and RyGuy. Before our August trip, I was sure I needed a Club Level upgrade for HRH. From what I've heard since my return, Club Level is not worth the $$ . I do not know that I would go Club at any of the hotels since I would hate to plan my day around the serving times.

Hey Spidey--this is your thread. Where are you?

LOL.........IMGONNAB!!!!! It's been busy. I haven't been able to come in for two whole days.

First of all, Thanks to all of you. I think I am going to book the HRH and check it out, but I do want club level so maybe I should book RPR. If I stay at HRH, it will definitely NOT be club level.

Thanks again you guys! Missed yall for two days!:D

The short answer from FeeFee is ... stay this short trip at HRH standard room and hope for upgrades. I love their regular rooms. Then you can say you have stayed at all three. Also you may then want to rethink your big trip. If you decide the HRH is not what you had in mind - you can save money at RP or go for that special Portofino that you are very familar with!

And Spidey--if you stay at HRH you will not only have stayed at all three, but would have stayed at all three within the same calander year (I think). What day are you planning to go? I have tried adding 12/20 at HRH to my existing reservation (12/21-12/23 ) but I am not sure there are rooms available. Hotelkingdom has them for $209, but Universal website notes no availability. I have not called. My rate for the other days is $135 poolview.

Thanks you guys. I am looking at 12/19....yes this week!!!!! I think we will do HRH after all!

I hope it works out for you. Have a blast! Sorry I will miss you.

Hope you have a great trip, Spidey! Talk about fast track to the single digit dance!

I am so bummed. I had to cancel my ressie. I have family coming in and leaving for the holidays. My day will be spent at the airport.

:mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :(

OH NO!!! Can you get a quick trip in after the holidays? January has great AP rates - $99 for Royal Pacific and $139 for Portofino!!! I didn't check HRH, but I'm guessing it would be about $120 or so. Might be worth a phone call! :)

princess:

Thats disapointing Spidey still you do have plenty of time to fit in a quick visit before your main trip:jester:

We had to cancel our holiday trip also due to work. I can feel your pain. Sorry about your plans. Those rates are a pain in my side also. $99.00 really hurts when you can't go then.

$99 dollars. You have got to be kidding. I may have to re-evaluate my dates....

Thanks you guys. You guys are awesome.

those pesky relatives in town.....just kidding.:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter