NBA at Walt Disney World

So Coronado Springs is gonna be the NBA hotel? I guess that makes sense with all of the new amenities they just added but no way they all fit in the tower

So Coronado Springs is gonna be the NBA hotel? I guess that makes sense with all of the new amenities they just added but no way they all fit in the tower
They definitely won’t all fit in the tower. The NBA has requested roughly 2000 rooms too. The tower is only 545.

I think not being able to book Jambo House is intentional. Disney has food offerings and a pool at Kidani so that won’t be a problem to keep DVC there. I’m not sure that the NBA or MLS would use it either.

I know I'm kinda arguing this from both sides but I'm not entirely sure. There are already long stretches in the fall where there are zero Studio rooms available across all other DVC resorts including Kidani. (I didn't bother checking other room types.) So Disney couldn't claim that there is ample availability elsewhere to absorb DVC demand.

I understand why Disney may want to keep Jambo shuttered if they don't need the cash rooms. But I'm not sure what rights they have to remove the Jambo villa availability if there are DVC members who wish to travel. Especially after a 3 month closure ate up so much capacity.

One could make similar arguments about a pro sports team moving into Jambo. But in that case, at least they have NBA money to apply to upgrades or other compensation.

At the end of the day, the optics seem pretty bad if DVC is effectively saying: "We know there are a lot of you who cannot find rooms, we know the resorts were just closed for 3 months and we have no idea when Grand Californian or Aulani will reopen. But we've also decide to close Jambo 'just because.'"

I think not being able to book Jambo House is intentional. Disney has food offerings and a pool at Kidani so that won’t be a problem to keep DVC there. I’m not sure that the NBA or MLS would use it either.
Kidani has limited food options, the only quick service is at Jambo, if I am recalling correctly.

So, I wonder where the MLS deal falls into all of this? It doesn't sound like there would be much or any overlap in the use of the WWOS facility (or maybe I'm reading this wrong)? Do both leagues take over CSR - MLS first then NBA? Or are we thinking it's CSR, AKL-Jambo and maybe Riviera? Could they move DVC owners out of Riviera?

Kidani has limited food options, the only quick service is at Jambo, if I am recalling correctly.

I don’t believe there is any contractual obligation to provide quick service dining.

Temporary adjustments can be made using Sanaa, the pool bar or a refrigerated sandwich cart off the lobby.

All I know is they I have a reservation at CSR in August and they better move me oppose to cancel my reservation on I’m sorry but to cancel people for the NBA is quite greedy but we all know who’s running the show now

So, I wonder where the MLS deal falls into all of this? It doesn't sound like there would be much or any overlap in the use of the WWOS facility (or maybe I'm reading this wrong)? Do both leagues take over CSR - MLS first then NBA? Or are we thinking it's CSR, AKL-Jambo and maybe Riviera? Could they move DVC owners out of Riviera?

I don’t think they could move owners out of Riviera. But news today makes it sound like the nba “bubble” isn’t quite as rigid as I had anticipated. There’s talk that players can golf and even dine outdoors (presumably Disney Springs) as long as they use masks and distance. Since DVC owners can only use about 1/3 of Riviera, either NBA or MLS could take the rest if they’re willing to share. Have some physical separation by resort wing or floor.

Unknown. We thought so but there has been a bit more chatter about multiple sites over the last couple days so it’s not entirely unthinkable now they would use just the tower...

Have someone reporting on DVC Fan an August DVC Reservation for Jambo was switched to Kidani... anyone with Summer DVC at Jambo seen a similar change?

I can’t really wrap my head around it yet since I feel any such change would have prompted an announcement or notification. Never heard of DVC making an unannounced change like this.

I know I'm kinda arguing this from both sides but I'm not entirely sure. There are already long stretches in the fall where there are zero Studio rooms available across all other DVC resorts including Kidani. (I didn't bother checking other room types.) So Disney couldn't claim that there is ample availability elsewhere to absorb DVC demand.

I understand why Disney may want to keep Jambo shuttered if they don't need the cash rooms. But I'm not sure what rights they have to remove the Jambo villa availability if there are DVC members who wish to travel. Especially after a 3 month closure ate up so much capacity.

One could make similar arguments about a pro sports team moving into Jambo. But in that case, at least they have NBA money to apply to upgrades or other compensation.

At the end of the day, the optics seem pretty bad if DVC is effectively saying: "We know there are a lot of you who cannot find rooms, we know the resorts were just closed for 3 months and we have no idea when Grand Californian or Aulani will reopen. But we've also decide to close Jambo 'just because.'"

But if you check DVC for reservations, there is plenty of availability in July and August, and Kadani has room of all types available.

So my question is, if you own a DVC contract at AKV, is it specifically at Kadani or Jambo is it for both. If the contract is for a specific AKV resort, I can see where there would be an issue if they cancel people that already had reservations at Jambo during a period when all other WDW DVC resorts are open.

Have someone reporting on DVC Fan an August DVC Reservation for Jambo was switched to Kidani... anyone with Summer DVC at Jambo seen a similar change?

I can’t really wrap my head around it yet since I feel any such change would have prompted an announcement or notification. Never heard of DVC making an unannounced change like this.
This is why I think they have plans to use Jambo for other things. Makes a lot of sense.

But if you check DVC for reservations, there is plenty of availability in July and August, and Kadani has room of all types available.

So my question is, if you own a DVC contract at AKV, is it specifically at Kadani or Jambo is it for both. If the contract is for a specific AKV resort, I can see where there would be an issue if they cancel people that already had reservations at Jambo during a period when all other WDW DVC resorts are open.

The contract is specific, however, there is shared reciprocity and booking privileges at both resorts.

This is why I think they have plans to use Jambo for other things. Makes a lot of sense.
It makes zero sense and would really be a bold statement of what they think of members... If they changed a reservation with zero contact and zero input from a member that is unheard of. I still want some more examples of it before I believe it though, but regardless I think it would not go over well whatsoever if they are not being transparent and informing members before these changes are made.

It makes zero sense and would really be a bold statement of what they think of members... If they changed a reservation with zero contact and zero input from a member that is unheard of. I still want some more examples of it before I believe it though, but regardless I think it would not go over well whatsoever if they are not being transparent and informing members before these changes are made.

Thus far I’ve had no one else able to confirm this, so I’m beginning to have my doubts.

I disagree but I also don’t currently own DVC. Jambo is also a multi-use resort with cash and DVC. I also don’t think they are going to put players here but may have other uses for it. Disney needs the space at the very least to spread people out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter