• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Navigating DLR, Pixar Pier Opening, and AP Blockouts June 18-30

@wendow wanted to tag you in our credit cards thread, but figured it was more appropriate to tag here directly instead...I believe the recent posts are your dates...:hyper2:

Uuuuuugh!!!! Wow! I am feeling so unbelievably frustrated at this point! Why on earth would they do this!?!? I am starting to feel pretty defeated. This makes no sense at all. What is the logic?

I CANNOT believe they did this. I freaking picked my dates last August and got an expensive GCV reservation on that basis.

Wow.

:mad:

Aww, VGC is amazing, and at least you’ll have a fantastic villa to head back to if you need a break from the crowds.

Definitely bummed for all of you who made plans months ago. :worried:

I am SO upset. We picked these days for lower crowds in large part because my 4 year old has some behavioral/anxiety issues and will have a difficult time dealing with large crowds, and now that it is too late to cancel, they do this?!!

I am sorry for everyone who planned their dates and then had Disney drastically change expected attendance over those dates - this late in the game. I do recommend emailing them about it. We all know there will be lots of changes coming and maybe the more emails they receive about the negative impact on guests when these things are announced/changed at the last minute - maybe we will get better information/sooner in the future. That is a little hopeful as I sent a similar email when the Monsters 24 event event was announced years ago - and received a very empathetic response, but obviously it didn't change any policy on last minute changes

I am sorry for everyone who planned their dates and then had Disney drastically change expected attendance over those dates - this late in the game. I do recommend emailing them about it. We all know there will be lots of changes coming and maybe the more emails they receive about the negative impact on guests when these things are announced/changed at the last minute - maybe we will get better information/sooner in the future. That is a little hopeful as I sent a similar email when the Monsters 24 event event was announced years ago - and received a very empathetic response, but obviously it didn't change any policy on last minute changes

I would personally be disappointed if I planned a trip with the expectation of lower crowds and then Disney changed blockouts or hosted a party or did something else on relatively short notice that could drastically affect crowd levels, park hours, or visit costs. That said, that's just my personal disappointment. I rather doubt the Disney corporation is concerned that some people are going to be disappointed by larger crowds because they will have achieved the larger crowds. More bodies through the gates leads to better revenue and/or metrics. They are a business. Since there are so many complaints of overcrowding in general despite the price increases and the closures and the construction and the silly games with the daily schedules, and people are still pouring through the gates and giving Disney their money, I doubt they will be overly concerned in the short term and possibly long term about the disgruntled guests asking for fewer people to be in the parks.

I would personally be disappointed if I planned a trip with the expectation of lower crowds and then Disney changed blockouts or hosted a party or did something else on relatively short notice that could drastically affect crowd levels, park hours, or visit costs. That said, that's just my personal disappointment. I rather doubt the Disney corporation is concerned that some people are going to be disappointed by larger crowds because they will have achieved the larger crowds. More bodies through the gates leads to better revenue and/or metrics. They are a business. Since there are so many complaints of overcrowding in general despite the price increases and the closures and the construction and the silly games with the daily schedules, and people are still pouring through the gates and giving Disney their money, I doubt they will be overly concerned in the short term and possibly long term about the disgruntled guests asking for fewer people to be in the parks.
I am afraid you are right.

It is all well and good when business is strong for them. You do not need dedicated fans then. If the tide changes on their business and/or the economy, that is when they will find they regret alienating fans and good customers. :teacher:

Thanks and I emailed them about an hour ago. First trip to DLR for DGD3. And they pull these stunts. :sad2:

We don’t know attendance will drastically change quite yet! Locals aren’t out of school until mid-late June and it’s not likely every AP will show up those dates. Pixar Pier isn’t all that exciting to a lot of us because it just isn’t really anything new, and nothing we can’t wait to see. And the discounted tickets are only good on days the AP can go, so there won’t be a flood of extra people on blackout dates with those tickets.

I’m sure there will be an impact, but we don’t know what quite yet! You’ll still have an awesome time!

ETA looking at the dates again, they must have low bookings in the hotels or something prior to PP opening, the dates are all pre-PP and also a LOT of local kids are still in school those dates, and taking finals or things they cannot miss. Our old district gets out 6/22 I think. Most are at least 6/15. Have hope! It may not be that bad!! Also a lot of locals do not buy MaxPass so you’ll have that going for you!

@DizneyMommy Thank you for your post. I pray you are right cause right now I am FREAKING OUT. This trip is a first for us and I'm completely unsure of what all this means for crowds. I was already worried when I couldn't get dining and was having trouble with hotels being available...didn't really make sense to me when the crowds were supposed to be lower...and now THIS...??? This unblocking of a bunch of AP's!?!

I'm terrified what it's gonna be like! We go to WDW in September lol...that is our normal for 'crowded'!!

@DizneyMommy Thank you for your post. I pray you are right cause right now I am FREAKING OUT. This trip is a first for us and I'm completely unsure of what all this means for crowds. I was already worried when I couldn't get dining and was having trouble with hotels being available...didn't really make sense to me when the crowds were supposed to be lower...and now THIS...??? This unblocking of a bunch of AP's!?!

I'm terrified what it's gonna be like! We go to WDW in September lol...that is our normal for 'crowded'!!

I think a lot of AP families will either be in school still, or off on their own vacation/summer camp/activities because they thought they were blocked out and didn’t plan for it. During the week anyways! Weekends are what they are, I don’t think they were going to be slow anyways!

I mean, we only got one day back on our pass, but we are not planning to rush over there. Partly because we are already going to be at Disney World that day. But I would not have gone anyways.

You’ll be fine! It is frustrating for people who specifically picked these dates due to the blackouts, but it’s not like it’s going to be a totally different park experience. You have five days, you have a rough plan, you’re going to be there first thing in the morning (which is HUGE) - you’ll have Maxpass most (if not all) of the time - you’ll have a blast!

You’ll be fine! It is frustrating for people who specifically picked these dates due to the blackouts, but it’s not like it’s going to be a totally different park experience. You have five days, you have a rough plan, you’re going to be there first thing in the morning (which is HUGE) - you’ll have Maxpass most (if not all) of the time - you’ll have a blast!

We actually only have 4 days (June 20-23) but I hear what you are saying and it makes me feel better! Thanks for helping talk me off the ledge lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter