My Un-magical FP+ Experience...

Share how it went?? Why would they do that knowing snarky replies like the one you gave the OP were waiting for them?
Snarky? I'll have to look that up. Come on she goes to WDW for 43 years and now she hates it? Because why? FP? Surely there is more to 30,000 acres and a strategy to do what one loves after 43 visits…All that bold red..thats so snarky..
You are either a FP hater on these threads or a fan…or indifferent. Or snarky. My personal experience just doesn't see all the hate of this new system that is here to stay. My guess is she will be back.
Snark.

After 32 years of going to Disney (ON OUR TERMS for the most part), we probably had our last trip the first week of May. And we were annual pass holders for over 5 years and lived practically next door to the Disney area.
That said, I would expect most of the replies and opinions will be people telling you how wonderful it was/is/could be if only you knew how to plan. I won't say anything like that. We knew how to plan. When I first heard of the prospective plans, I wasn't a happy camper. Figured it was a good thing we were moving back up north and I wouldn't be down there to frustrate myself and DH.
And THAT said, I felt sorry for the ones who would never know how it was to do Disney without planning every blessed thing you do.
And I was taken aback by the list of rides/attractions that needed (?) fast pass. Things I'd never waited in line for, things I WOULDN'T have waited in line for, etc. The Tier 1 -- if they're still doing it that way -- would mostly have been things we did, but not all of them.
Anyway, I agree with you for the most part. I never planned beyond what the weather would be like or maybe what park we'd go to.
I enjoyed being organized and doing things that we always enjoyed and trying new things when they looked interesting enough. The first time I heard that Living with the Land would be a fast pass attraction, I figured I'd lived too long. Loved Disney and loved it for years. Spent a ton of money there and in the last 18 years always stayed on site.
I'm glad it's a plus for some people, but I totally get that it isn't a plus for us. And apparently a few others too.
:confused3

THIS I completely understand. Not liking the need to plan in advance and especially when disney makes last minute changes that mess up the plans you didn't even want to be making in the first place. . . I get it. I don't understand what the OP was saying about Disney choosing rides that he/she didn't like and weren't at good times.

I'm so sorry you had a terrible experience!

What did you mean about Disney picking 2 of your rides? You said they TELL you what rides and when. . . Maybe you had no availability for the ones you most preferred or maybe you're referring just to the tiered parks and you consider all the tier 2 rides something you wouldn't FP (legitimate complaints!) but otherwise you choose all your rides - Disney doesn't assign them to you. Likewise with times - if you had no availability for times you actually wanted, I agree that stinks and can wreck a touring plan, but it sounds a little bit like you didn't try to change them to a time that works for you.

I am sorry your experience was lousy, there are many complaints to be had about FP+, but with your description of running around, using Disney's choices of rides and times, it sounds like you didn't fully understand how to make your FP selections?

And that is somehow her fault? Maybe WDW should explain it better. I just trained a newbie how to do all of this and she would have just accepted the times if I hadnt given her the info on how to switch the times. This system is not user friendly by a long shot.

I haven't personally seen this since February. Other people report Fastpasses disappearing all the time. The system goes down from time to time...

I suggest changing browsers and/or resetting cache and restarting your browser, to begin with.

If all else fails call website support: (407) 939-4357.

** Thanks, I'm on with tech support ** What's funny is both 'said children' have an extra magic band added to their account where myself, DH and DD all only have one magic band and one MNSSHP ticket.

The two kids who FP+ have been wiped out have two magic bands added to their account, so strange

It saddens me that so many long time Disney fans are losing interest in WDW due to ALL of the changes going on that diminish the value of our vacation. It's not just FP+ that is upsetting the faithful, but that program is an easy target.

I know people will say, "but the parks are packed" so Disney is doing something right. However, I'm firmly convinced that a couple of years from now there may be attendance problems due to base erosion. For every one long time Dis'er that comes on here to express their displeasure with the changes (and let me repeat, it's not just FP+ that's the problem) I bet there are a lot more that just walk away quietly.

I'm so sorry you had a terrible experience!

What did you mean about Disney picking 2 of your rides? You said they TELL you what rides and when. . . Maybe you had no availability for the ones you most preferred or maybe you're referring just to the tiered parks and you consider all the tier 2 rides something you wouldn't FP (legitimate complaints!) but otherwise you choose all your rides - Disney doesn't assign them to you. Likewise with times - if you had no availability for times you actually wanted, I agree that stinks and can wreck a touring plan, but it sounds a little bit like you didn't try to change them to a time that works for you.

I am sorry your experience was lousy, there are many complaints to be had about FP+, but with your description of running around, using Disney's choices of rides and times, it sounds like you didn't fully understand how to make your FP selections?
That's what I don't understand as well. I was able to chose all my rides and times.

I don't understand what the OP was saying about Disney choosing rides that he/she didn't like and weren't at good times.

I think they were referring to the tiering at Epcot and DHS? You have to choose between the tiers, so effectively Disney is choosing for you.

OP I haven't even been 'privileged' enough to try it all out (MDE woohoo:mad:) and I AGREE WITH YOU:sick:

tim123 said:
Snarky? I'll have to look that up. Come on she goes to WDW for 43 years and now she hates it? Because why? FP? Surely there is more to 30,000 acres and a strategy to do what one loves after 43 visits…All that bold red..thats so snarky..
You are either a FP hater on these threads or a fan…or indifferent. Or snarky. My personal experience just doesn't see all the hate of this new system that is here to stay. My guess is she will be back.
Snark.

I rest my case.

It saddens me that so many long time Disney fans are losing interest in WDW due to ALL of the changes going on that diminish the value of our vacation. It's not just FP+ that is upsetting the faithful, but that program is an easy target.

I know people will say, "but the parks are packed" so Disney is doing something right. However, I'm firmly convinced that a couple of years from now there may be attendance problems due to base erosion. For every one long time Dis'er that comes on here to express their displeasure with the changes (and let me repeat, it's not just FP+ that's the problem) I bet there are a lot more that just walk away quietly.
And 10,000 more to replace them. Disney corp couldn't care less…there are billions on the planet and more coming into the USA everyday. I agree with how people are upset with change..many things they do and are going to do upset me..but somehow I manage to enjoy my time there immensely. When I no longer do I will stop going..Thats all we can do in this system we live in..withhold our $$$. In WDWs case they will keep making profits hand over fist..change is inevitable and all things impermanent…I wish WDW was like it was in 1982…It never will be again.

Our family is headed back to WDW for the 30th time (not counting DH's and my Disneymoon) this December. I have every reason to believe this trip is going to be absolutely magical!

Having said that, I totally resent how much time I have had to invest in making it so! As a 30+ trip veteran, I shouldn't have to put more than an hour into planning a fabulous Disney vacation. That is how it has been for years! Am I getting anything new and additional to warrant this? Not really. Just SDMT! I am going to be seeing and doing the things I've seen and done for years with almost zero effort or planning!

I feel like I have had to sit at my computer (not doing other things with my life) for months to plan for Disney Parks I know like the back of my hand. I could see spending this amount of time so we could understand a new vacation spot. I am sure we will go back to Disney because I know we are going to have a fabulous time. It just won't be real soon!

Yep.

I think Disney really underestimated how many people would hate planning out their vacations to this degree.

It was one thing with ADRs. ADRs were your choice. You could just not make any if you were fine with QS. You could also change them or cancel them if your plans changed during your visit. I would even be ok with losing the reservation money if necessary, small price to pay for spontaneity.

But booking rides goes way beyond making meal reservations. Too much.

I just wrote this on another thread, but this is why I enjoy our time onsite at Universal more now, even though I like the Disney parks a bit more. Freedom. Make your plans, change your plans, get up and do what you feel like doing. Something goes wrong, change the next day, take a day off, re-group, no big deal. Can't do that anymore at WDW.

It's funny....It's like Disney is requiring their customers to do more preplanning AND to be more flexible when things go wrong when you are actually there.

I haven't personally seen this since February. Other people report Fastpasses disappearing all the time. The system goes down from time to time...

I suggest changing browsers and/or resetting cache and restarting your browser, to begin with.

If all else fails call website support: (407) 939-4357.

THIS.:sick: really??? Like I said, it's all new to me,and I have no choice but to try it out soon.... but really???:sad1:

Let's see....

Got FP for 9:20, 10:20 & 11:20. Rides we wanted. Do other stuff in between.

Head back to resort. Enjoy the pool.

Park Hop to another park for the evening. Do whatever. Enjoy it.

Do same thing next day. Enjoy it.

Yup, I must be doing something wrong.

And 10,000 more to replace them. Disney corp couldn't care less…there are billions on the planet and more coming into the USA everyday. I agree with how people are upset with change..many things they do and are going to do upset me..but somehow I manage to enjoy my time there immensely. When I do longer do I will stop going..Thats all we can do in this system we live in..withhold our $$$. In WDWs case they will keep making profits hand over fist..change is inevitable and all things impermanent…I wish WDW was like it was in 1982…It never will be again.

This is one post of yours I do agree with.

I think many long time Disney geeks can feel the "Disney corp couldn't care less" attitude through the changes that are being instituted. That said, I wouldn't bet on perpetual success at WDW if you alienate the core of your base.

And THAT said, I felt sorry for the ones who would never know how it was to do Disney without planning every blessed thing you do.

I know right! He was pretty devastated as you can clearly see:

wd017wdw2014242115046453_zps9b328774.jpeg

It's funny....It's like Disney is requiring their customers to do more preplanning AND to be more flexible when things go wrong when you are actually there.

That, to me, is the single biggest problem with FP+. It worked for me, but I had very few problems in-park that required me to make any changes. Even though I like to plan, FP+ was more than I liked in advance. In park, it went very smoothly and I liked it, BUT I didn't have any major weather/Illness/simple change of mood situations. From what I saw, it wouldn't be all that easy to adjust a well-thought-out plan on the fly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter