• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My question about rented ECV’s

Does anyone have any experience with storing a scooter in your room overnight in a tower room at the Contemporary? We will have 5 people in the room for our first night before we move to 2 rooms at the All Stars. I'm wondering if it will safely fit in the room with 5 people (from photos, I can only picture that it would fit in front of the entry door, and that doesn't seem safe). Thanks for any insight!

Does anyone have any experience with storing a scooter in your room overnight in a tower room at the Contemporary? We will have 5 people in the room for our first night before we move to 2 rooms at the All Stars. I'm wondering if it will safely fit in the room with 5 people (from photos, I can only picture that it would fit in front of the entry door, and that doesn't seem safe). Thanks for any insight!

Not in those rooms, but I have put it in WL and AKL rooms many times, which are smaller.

Looking at this video (
) of a tower room, there appear to be multiple places you could put a scooter, including:
- between the bed and the desk (move the chair and rolling part of the desk to elsewhere in the room or have housekeeping remove them from the room) (this location also definitely has plugs)(yes, someone will have to crawl over the bed instead of easy side access);
- in front of the TV [fold the seat back down so it doesn't stick up];
- in front of the connecting door (but this may block more of your entry path than you may feel comfy with);
- in front of the balcony doors, either in line with or perpendicular to the room

SW

I guess it's just best to just plain store them in your room all the time even at night, and just park them where you are suppose to.

While not an official Disney hotel, the Front Desk at the Swan told me to park my scooter in the hallway.

Is the hall wide enough for another scooter, housekeeping cart or luggage cart to easily pass? I'm not sure about the Swan but Disney hotels the answer is frequently no.

The issue is fire codes and courtesy.

Is the hall wide enough for another scooter, housekeeping cart or luggage cart to easily pass? I'm not sure about the Swan but Disney hotels the answer is frequently no.

The issue is fire codes and courtesy.
That and security of device.

In the fairly small room at All Star Music - I had 2 scooters inside with me each night (my personal lightweight one & a larger heavy duty rental) - I could park them so there was room to get through, in & out, etc with room to spare.

Not in those rooms, but I have put it in WL and AKL rooms many times, which are smaller.

Looking at this video (
) of a tower room, there appear to be multiple places you could put a scooter, including:
- between the bed and the desk (move the chair and rolling part of the desk to elsewhere in the room or have housekeeping remove them from the room) (this location also definitely has plugs)(yes, someone will have to crawl over the bed instead of easy side access);
- in front of the TV [fold the seat back down so it doesn't stick up];
- in front of the connecting door (but this may block more of your entry path than you may feel comfy with);
- in front of the balcony doors, either in line with or perpendicular to the room

SW
Thank you for the info :)

In the fairly small room at All Star Music - I had 2 scooters inside with me each night (my personal lightweight one & a larger heavy duty rental) - I could park them so there was room to get through, in & out, etc with room to spare.
Wow! I can't believe you got TWO in a room. Nice!

and how is the front desk going to stop anyone from unplugging or moving your scooter? both of which can be done without your key

Plus, parents at WDW have a habit of letting their little kids climb on anything and everything in sight. Even if they don’t do anything to actually damage it, I wouldn’t want to have to wash it down with Lysol wipes every morning because I didn’t know what grubby, germ-coated hands and feet had been all over it, or whose drink had been spilled on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter