My PC, GF, VWL, BCV, VWL, and SSR vacation…

Thank you for sharing that wonderful day with us! I could just imagine all of the magic you felt!

Thank you again Janet2k for letting us share your "magical" celebration. I so look forward to your post so I can escape to WDW if only for a few minutes. The desserts looked and sounded fabulous and how could you top the night off better than watching Wishes!

Well back to reality and patiently :hyper: awaiting the rest of your trip report!

After having just spent the bulk of the past few hours on my feet, my injured ankle had done amazingly well but was starting to let me know who the boss was. Things were starting to get a little puffy and past experience had taught me that once they hit this state, my ankle was capable of going Michelin in only minutes if I wasn’t careful. I was awfully glad that our resort room was literally just steps away from where our dessert party had been held.

After a short walk to Conch Key, I decided that a swim would make my leg feel better. My daughter and I changed into our swimsuits and hit the Grand Floridian’s quiet pool. My husband, the anti-Night Owl, stayed behind in our room.

It was a beautiful night out and the quiet pool was bristling with people. I couldn’t wait to ease my tired body into the water. Once, I did, I can’t tell you folks how good it felt. Ahhhh!

Within about two minutes, my daughter had made friends with a couple of kids. She soon forgot who I was (oh, the pain of being the mother of a social butterfly). I kept my eyes trained on her as I floated about the pool.

After about thirty minutes, my daughter swam up to me and told me that we had forgotten to take a photo of the marquee in the lobby. Yikes! She was right! I got out of the pool and used the house phone to call my husband. When he answered the telephone, I told him to grab my camera and meet us in the lobby. My daughter and I quickly toweled off and headed to the main building to meet him.

Within a few minutes, my husband arrived, camera bag in hand. I took my camera out of the bag and turned it on. When our event popped up on the Daily Events board, I snapped a photo: click here. It was strange seeing our name on the marquee and my daughter giggled over it. I did, too.

Once the photo had been taken, I handed the camera back to my husband. He headed back to the room, and my daughter and I headed back to the swimming pool. The night was still young and sleep was the furthest thing from our minds.

The two of us swam for almost another hour. I was awfully glad that we had gone back to the pool because it had done a world of good for me. I felt so much better that I pretty much floated all the way back to our resort room.

Once inside our room, we found that Turndown Service had been performed: click here. Luckily, my husband only stole the chocolates from one of the beds and left this one intact.

My daughter and I put the chocolates away and then changed into our pajamas. We climbed into bed and within a few short minutes the Sandman had paid us a call. Soon, we were fast asleep, snoring in unison with Sleeping Beauty (a.k.a., my husband) in the next bed. Our magical day had finally come to an end. Zzzzzz…

I have to admire a man who will steal chocolates from the bed only a couple hours after attending a dinner party with a dessert bar. I would have done the same.

There's something a little strange about posting a photo so we can all see your name on the reader board, but then erasing that name so we can't see it. :rolleyes: Both actions are understandable, but ....

Thanks again Janet!!

Janet,

You are indeed a Fairy Godmother!

You've captured the magic, the fun, the surprise, the excitement, the friendships, and yes... the memories!

Put it together, and what have you got...

Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo!

Janet has planned a party for Friends, and Family, with Mickey Mouse too!
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

The food was just great, the guests ate + ate, all tummies were filled through + through.
It'll do magic believe it or not
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Fireworks from afar, and wishing upon a star
But the thingmabob that does the job is
bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

Friendship + love are gifts from above, the memories we'll never subdue
Put 'em together and what have you got
bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi bibbidi-bobbidi-boo

:cloud9:

after reading this latest installment from the party, all I can say is WOW! You planned such a perfect evening for friends with the help of a talented staff of people from the GF. However, without your special touch, I have to imagine it wouldn't have been half as special.

Thank you for taking your time to include all of us on the DIS at this wonderful event. I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your reports.

Thanks again Janet2k. I was sitting here reading your desert post and it made me so hungry for something sweet. So I had to go down and have a big bowl of ice creme and it's all your fault.

Thank you so much for posting in such great detail , it felt like we were there with you.

I think you should have some kind of lottery drawing from the Dis board members to see who gets to attend your next party at WDW ( I sure hope I win ).

Just thought I’d finally take the time to personally thank everyone who has posted in my thread. It has been very hard for me not to respond to each and every one of you here in my trip report. I hope I didn’t come across as uncaring, that was never my intent; I just didn’t want to bog down the thread before I got around to completing my Summerhouse dinner party write-up. Your kind words have touched me in ways unimaginable. Some of you have brought me to tears, and others of you have had me pee’ing my pants with laughter. To all of you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I am probably going to switch gears shortly and begin a new trip report about my recently completed on-site planning session with Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings folks. I am doing this for purely selfish reasons (remember, I told you folks I was selfish with my very first post in this trip report). My vow renewal is basically two months away and I have got to begin finalizing its details. I have contracts to sign, final issues to work out, and many banks to rob in order to pay for the dang thing. Just kidding on the bank robbing part (I think). Believe me, I will try very hard to share as many details about the planning session as I possibly can. But just like my Summerhouse write-up, it will take me weeks to do so. Heck, the dang vow renewal will probably be over with by the time I complete my on-site planning session trip report. Oh, if only I had been born rich instead of beautiful. Then I wouldn’t have to work for a living and could devote all my time to sharing info with you folks here on the Dis. Note: Just like the bank robbing part, I am kidding with the being born beautiful part. My sisters got all the looks, drats! But at least I have a fairly decent sense of humor. And that, my friends, is probably my biggest blessing.

Until we meet again in my next trip report…

"I'll Be Seeing You"
(click here for audio clip)
Written by
Irving Kahal / Sammy Fain

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through

In that small cafe'
The park across the way
The children's carousel
The chestnut trees, the wishing well

I'll be seeing you
In every lovely summer's day
In everything that's light and gay
I'll always think of you that way

I'll find you in the mornin' sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you

I'll be seeing you
In all the old familiar places
That this heart of mine embraces
All day through

I'll find you in the mornin' sun
And when the night is new
I'll be looking at the moon
But I'll be seeing you

Janet,

Thank you for all the wonderful details of this report. I have enjoyed your magical dinner through your eyes and photos!

I can't wait to hear about your upcoming vow renewal too.

Happy Anniversary

BRAVO!

I have just started planning my own vow renewal so I am so looking forward to reading your post! You wrote me a very kind letter recently and I just wanted to say I was trying to get my photo system up and ruinning again before I emailed you back (we can commiserate together on that) and the moment I do, I will indeed return your letter.

Again, thank you for taking so much time to share your wonderful journey. Very best wishes and all the happiness, joy and love in the world on your upcoming celebration.

Janet,

Your trip report was something I looked forward to reading everyday - it was incredible! Thank you so much for taking the time to get every detail down on "paper" and the added touch of all the pictures brought it to life. I know it must have taken you so much time to write this all for us...thank you, thank you, thank you!

I look forward to reading your new posts regarding the vow renewal. I hope that event is just as magical for you as this one was!

Thanks again,
Jen

Thank you Janet2K for my inspireation...I would love to through a party for my internet ( or any type) of friends at WDW...I will before I die...that is my promise...the magic you have shown is amazing...

I also would love to do a vow renewal...but that two will stand the test of the budget...but I can dream..

Thanks sooooo much Janet....

No janet thank you
your reports have been amazing and your party sounded so beautiful

Thank You for sharing your Magical experience

Originally posted by zurgswife
Thank you Janet2K for my inspireation...I would love to through a party for my internet ( or any type) of friends at WDW...I will before I die...that is my promise...the magic you have shown is amazing...

I also would love to do a vow renewal...but that two will stand the test of the budget...but I can dream..

Thanks sooooo much Janet....
I was fixing to say the same thing,but you done it for me.

I so enjoy your reports

Misty

Janet~ What a wonderfully unique experience and how generous of you to share it with all of us. Don't sell yourself short young lady, I've seen the pictures ~ your sisters didn't get all the beauty. Your beautiful both outside and more importantly inside (where it counts most) And your daughter is going to break alot of hearts. She could model the way she sparkles for the camara ( although I suspect she is sparkling for the person behind the camara~Mom.) Can't wait to read all the details on your vow renewal. Pixie Dust and Blessings to you and yours. Thank you once again "Oh sensei of Disney Magic":worship: :worship:

Janet2k, thank you so much for sharing the Disney Magic with us through your trip report. I am a serious lurker on the Boards, I don't post many replies, and I am so glad I found your report. Your beautiful heart shines through and people like you make this world a better place. We get so bogged down in the serious issues of life itself, and the Magic helps us to escape and enjoy life in such a unique way. Thank you for taking the time in posting, and can't wait for your renewal vows story!

Thanks for the great reports. The detail has been fantastic and I loved reading it. Can't wait for the vow renewals!!!

I have spent the afternoon and evening reading your trip reports.

I have spent the day at WDW and I don't want to go home.....

Thank-you from the bottom of my heart for a lovely day.

xxxxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter