my pc died...what do get? mac? pc? help!

mtemm

<font color=teal>Doubly blessed<br><font color=dar
the ice storm and power outages put the final nail in the coffin of my pc. sigh. sniff. grumble.

I don't even know where to turn. h thinks we should consider a mac...any thoughts? the dearly departed was a 6 year old dell. any other brands to consider?

do you love your computer? what do you have? hate it? same question!

I LOVE my iMac :thumbsup2 . Worth every penny. We bought it back in August after our PC was on its last legs. It is GREAT for my DD doing whiz-bang presentations for school and it runs the latest Windows *better* than most PCs. I used to pay IT professionals to put together audition files for me...well, NO MORE. I can now do it *myself". If you do any work on your PC connected with the arts(music, computer graphics, etc., etc.), almost *every* professional does their stuff on a Mac. Plus if you have any issue, you can take it to an Apple store or call up support. Apple has a seamless experience for the consumer - none of this "It's the software's fault" vs. "It's the hardware's fault" that ends up with you talking to someone in India.

WORTH IT. *Seriously*.

agnes!

I LOVE my iMac :thumbsup2 . Worth every penny. We bought it back in August after our PC was on its last legs. It is GREAT for my DD doing whiz-bang presentations for school and it runs the latest Windows *better* than most PCs. I used to pay IT professionals to put together audition files for me...well, NO MORE. I can now do it *myself". If you do any work on your PC connected with the arts(music, computer graphics, etc., etc.), almost *every* professional does their stuff on a Mac. Plus if you have any issue, you can take it to an Apple store or call up support. Apple has a seamless experience for the consumer - none of this "It's the software's fault" vs. "It's the hardware's fault" that ends up with you talking to someone in India.

WORTH IT. *Seriously*.

agnes!

Definitely agree! We have an iMac, a MacBook and a MacBook Pro. We haven't had a single problem with any of them over the last year and a half (when we bought our first - the iMac). I was skeptical when my DH insisted he wanted to switch from PC, but I haven't had a single regret. We are both very satisfied customers.

Are there any UNHAPPY Mac customers out there who could give a different perspective? I've heard PC users who've never owned a Mac speak against them, but I've never actually heard bad things from a Mac user...

I have an HP and I love it! They are always sending me updates and gathering info to make their products better. I'm not a fan of mac's but that's because I grew up on pc's.

I use iMac's when I'm doing my media work, but my college limits what we can do. I've had a few problems using the iMac's (freezing/loading then shutting the program and I lose the work) but they do seem to be better than PC's :) (I think Mac's are better with Virus protection too)

We have both Mac's and PC's in my household. my DH is a fan of Mac's and has a Macbook Pro and a desktop. He's had the Macbook a year and we have had to take it to the Apple store twice already due to issues with the display. His desktop hasn't been working for months. He runs windows on his macbook 90% of the time.

I have had a Gateway laptop for almost 3 years and have had no issues. I recently got an HP desktop and love it. No issues at all. I have a macbook that I haven't used in ages because I had a bunch of issues with it. I bought it to use Final Cut. I did the training and a few months later I tried to turn the Mac on and it just wouldn't work. I gave up on it since my apple care expired.

If you buy a mac, make sure all the programs you use are compatible with it, or spend the extra money to install windows. I've found software for macs to be lacking.

Used to be a PC user, then I had to change to a Mac for work. Have had my Mac for a year and absolutely love it!!!!:lovestruc
Things are so much easier which means I try more things. Using iMovie, iDVD, Garage Band.............:thumbsup2

I love my iMac and have never found it lacking.

We have 2 PCs and 2 Mac in our home network. Our cheap-o PC (I think it may be a eMachine) has been the best PC. In the past we've had several Gateways and Dells which have both been fine. DH has an HP laptop which has been nothing but a nightmare but that is really more Vista related than the brand of laptop itself.

I love my laptop my parents bought me a couple of weeks ago from Ebay. It's a Dell with a fourteen inch screen. My dad had just bought one from the same people for my mom and he bought exactly the same computer for me. It had been three years of no birthday or Christmas presents for me from them and my mom kept asking what I wanted every time a birthday or Christmas rolled around. Well, last month I couldn't take the fact that my monitor was really not reliable on my desktop so I said "Um, I know what I want for those presents you haven't bought me.....50 or 75 dollars so I can buy a used monitor." She told my dad and at first he was like "no, she can have a new flat screen monitor" and then he said "why don't we just get her a laptop?" so that's what I have.

I would personally never buy a mac. Stick with a PC or a Dell. They seem to be the best! :thumbsup2

WORTH IT. *Seriously*.

agnes!

We love our iMac too!!! It's just great-ZERO problems. DH really misses it when he goes to work and all they have are PC's.

Our Gateway PC was breathing it's last, so we just got a new Dell. DH just loves it -- me, I started out hating it (as I posted elsewhere), but I'm slowly getting used to it.

We switched from PC to Mac and don't plan on going back.

The virus issues alone (and the issues with virus protection itself) are enough to make me never even look at another PC.

Good luck with your decision!

Another Mac fan here. I love my Macbook and when my PC decides to stop working I will buy an iMac.

I used to have a PC and now I have a Mac. I love not worrying about getting a virus. The only thing that is much harder is copying a picture. On my PC the only thing I needed to do is highlight it. On my Mac, sometimes when I copy the picture, only a link will show up. I have to take a snapshot, save it, etc. But that is the only thing that is worse.

I really like my Mac.

I used to have a PC and now I have a Mac. I love not worrying about getting a virus. The only thing that is much harder is copying a picture. On my PC the only thing I needed to do is highlight it. On my Mac, sometimes when I copy the picture, only a link will show up. I have to take a snapshot, save it, etc. But that is the only thing that is worse.

I really like my Mac.

You should (in most cases) to be able to just drag the picture to your desktop. :confused3 Maybe I'm not understanding what you are trying to do but it seems to me like you are doing unnecessary steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter