My Official Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for your statement. While we don't need to know the details, we do need to have the company acknowledge that it happened and that there is a plan going forward. your statement does all of that. Hoping for the best as you move forward. Sure to be a lot of bumps in the road.

Guys! Just STOP IT (pun intended)!!
Have you thought that maybe ALL the other co-workers thought maybe it was weird but since they were all (assumingly) "consenting" adults that they just minded their own business? I mean, that's what I thought all the way over here in small town Indiana: Pete likes young men... ☹️
I am in no way condoning any of this stuff & it breaks my heart that anyone ever felt that is what they needed to do to have a "dream job"... It's horrific & I am mad AT PETE for what he did & how he acted to all his staff.
The rest of the crew cannot be held accountable for what happened. It would be different if we knew that those involved came to one of them & asked for help & then they turned their back. We don't know that they did that, do we? I cannot see any of them doing that as they all have their own traumatic pasts. Especially the older crew who know Pete better than the younger crew?! (I will not name names because it doesn't matter; you know who I mean).
@WebmasterJohn is at risk for losing his business - his livelihood! He has done nothing wrong but stick up to all the horrible things that he see's being said. He is not who we should be attacking! I am 100% POSITIVE that he wishes he did something for all the suttle things he may have seen. Hindsight is 20/20 ya'll...
Now before you come at me, I will not respond to you in that manner. I spend everyday in my profession helping patients, like the victims. This post has nothing to do with that, nor did the initial thread post. I accept your apology John & wish you nothing but the best.

Have you thought that maybe ALL the other co-workers thought maybe it was weird but since they were all (assumingly) "consenting" adults that they just minded their own business? I mean, that's what I thought all the way over here in small town Indiana: Pete likes young men... ☹️
I am in no way condoning any of this stuff & it breaks my heart that anyone ever felt that is what they needed to do to have a "dream job"... It's horrific & I am mad AT PETE for what he did & how he acted to all his staff.
The rest of the crew cannot be held accountable for what happened. It would be different if we knew that those involved came to one of them & asked for help & then they turned their back. We don't know that they did that, do we? I cannot see any of them doing that as they all have their own traumatic pasts. Especially the older crew who know Pete better than the younger crew?! (I will not name names because it doesn't matter; you know who I mean).
@WebmasterJohn is at risk for losing his business - his livelihood! He has done nothing wrong but stick up to all the horrible things that he see's being said. He is not who we should be attacking! I am 100% POSITIVE that he wishes he did something for all the suttle things he may have seen. Hindsight is 20/20 ya'll...
Now before you come at me, I will not respond to you in that manner. I spend everyday in my profession helping patients, like the victims. This post has nothing to do with that, nor did the initial thread post. I accept your apology John & wish you nothing but the best.
What apology?

Apology?

We know that they, in fact, did NOT ask for help. That no one turned their back. The victims have said this themselves, many many times. People on here just want to tear the place down. They won't be happy until they do just that because they feel entitled to. They will do it in the name of the very victims that have said not to. Idjits!

What you wrote was very well written. Your focus is spot on.

Is that all he needs to do is say "I'm sorry"? I can read between the lines... I am sure he is sorry!!
No, that's not *all* he has to do but it is a minimum. I'm glad that you are sure he is sorry. Personally, I actually require an apology before I thank someone for their apology (meant in a general sense, not this situation specifically), regardless of I'm "sure he is sorry" or not.

This is simply a train wreck. The company will sort out the details. I am sure we all agree Pete is done with all attachments to this company. Regardless of the truths it is too much baggage.

I am sure many have emotional ties to the show. So feel the need to voice their opinion. But time will be needed for the team to restructure.

It seems like there are two separate issues here. The first (and, of course, most serious) is the allegations of sexual assault. I can absolutely believe that no one else involved with the company (apparently other than Charles due to Pete's own confession) knew about this. I can believe that to them the relationships likely appeared strange, but consensual, and they decided to mind their own business. I do not fault them for this.

The second issue is the horrible treatment of employees and the creation of a toxic work environment. This is where is have a harder time believing that other leadership was in the dark. Pretty much everyone else involved with the DIS who has made any sort of statement has acknowledged being aware of this EXCEPT for @WebmasterJohn. This is where my frustrations lie and why I think his statement was so tone deaf. You're going to call people out for meanness and nastiness on the internet when you didn't call it out in your own company? John was in the best position to be an advocate for the employees, many of whom have obviously been treated very poorly over a period of several years, and it seems he chose to either look the other way or bury his head in the sand. If that's not the case, then say so. You don't have to provide gory details to do so (see Corey's most recent statement for example). If that IS the case, acknowledge the misstep and commit to doing better for your employees going forward. As a 10+ year member of these boards and viewer of the podcast, that would go a long way toward restoring my trust in and goodwill towards the company.

Last edited:
Jon perhaps consider a pr/marketing crisis management company to help navigate you through this process of gaining back legitimacy and credibility for your business. To start with, hire outside sources who can do a full investigation into your company and see all the issues that may still be within. And be transparent with your patrons, clients, supporters. Communication and transparency are key.

Jon perhaps consider a pr/marketing crisis management company to help navigate you through this process of gaining back legitimacy and credibility for your business. To start with, hire outside sources who can do a full investigation into your company and see all the issues that may still be within. And be transparent with your patrons, clients, supporters. Communication and transparency are key.
That ship has sailed?
Its already BAU and time to plan the next podcast cruise apparently ...
https://www.disboards.com/threads/next-podcast-cruise.3926837/

I have been attacked, I guess, with use of the laugh emoji, when I commented on John's statement. What is wrong with people? I hate that some people can hide behind their made up names and feel free to spew hate on others. That is wrong IMO. I am not reading anymore of these threads on Pete. They are turning into hateful spiteful statements, and not worth my time. Thanks for posting this:) but look out for the internet hate spewers, LOL.

Is that all he needs to do is say "I'm sorry"? I can read between the lines... I am sure he is sorry!!
IMO the statement reads more like “I’m sorry you all found out, but we’re doing fine as a company” rather than “Sorry for possibly fostering this toxicity as a company, and we’re looking to make strides to improve going forward”

IMO the statement reads more like “I’m sorry you all found out, but we’re doing fine as a company” rather than “Sorry for possibly fostering this toxicity as a company, and we’re looking to make strides to improve going forward”
I 100% agree. While I was glad John finally put out a statement, it did not included any wording to indicate that he is taking any responsibility for what has happened on his watch. All I am getting from his statement is "Pete's out, move on folks, all is good and stop being mean to me and Kevin".

I have no idea what he knew or didn't knew. But he was Pete's partner and equal in the company. According to what Shaun has posted the podcast team members are employees of and are paid by DUT - which John runs. He was responsible as the boss for maintaining a safe work space and he failed. It's why I very much appreciated Corey's statement which acknowledged that all was not right in the kingdom and that he was taking steps to correct that moving forward. It gave me some hope that there was an actual adult in the room.

I understand that folks are nostalgic for the "good old days" - except it turns out they were not so good after all.

And as for the mere suggestion of a future DUT hosted group trip? Too soon, folks. Way too soon :sad2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter