My Name is Chris and I am a Fort Wilderness Addict..Updated 12/16

Noticed that when I put multiple titles under the pictures it is sliding them together on the left side of the page even though I spaced them under the correct photo's. Sorry about that folks, but beyond my control. Unless of course I leave them all single stacked. Enjoy and have a great night everyone, weather was great here today, nearly 70, after having snow on Monday morning. Mother Nature has been crazy but with a very mild winter can not complain, was a good one.

Chris,

Do you do any post processing on the pics? The colors and definition are amazing. More so than I have seen from other "Pro" level digitals.

Either way, very nice!

j

Chris,

Do you do any post processing on the pics? The colors and definition are amazing. More so than I have seen from other "Pro" level digitals.

Either way, very nice!

j

Yes I do some post processing in Lightroom, but in most cases it is minimal as I just got LR before the trip and have never used it before, so I really don't know what LR is truly capable at this time. Believe me there are many more, that didn't and won't be posted, I have my fair share of bad pictures also.

But thank you once again.

Believe me there are many more, that didn't and won't be posted, I have my fair share of bad pictures also.
I know how the good to bad ratio goes. My DS has a pretty good natural eye for photography. He always hung out with the pro-photogs at the race track when we were racing. They would give him tips that I'm sure went over his head. I was having a conversation with one of our regular photographers and he was saying he gets 1 good one out of every 3 or so. He compared that to my pics where I 'might' get a good one (by his criteria) out of 100... I laughed and then said... WTH, you've never seen my pics. :)

j

Believe me there are many more, that didn't and won't be posted, I have my fair share of bad pictures also.

That's why I (and DW) take LOTS and LOTS of pictures. Often time (if lighting is good) I will use the "Auto" multiple mode (hold the button down and keep taking pictures) because inevitably someone blinks or a bug or something gets in the way. So out of 1000 pictures, maybe 100 are okay and even 10 are great.

That's why I (and DW) take LOTS and LOTS of pictures. Often time (if lighting is good) I will use the "Auto" multiple mode (hold the button down and keep taking pictures) because inevitably someone blinks or a bug or something gets in the way. So out of 1000 pictures, maybe 100 are okay and even 10 are great.

Well this trip introduced a new camera upgrade thankfully not too much different than my previous one. So some of my pictures were to test the limits of the camera and see what I could and couldn't do. Some of my worst photo's came from exiting a dark ride and forgetting I was on a high ISO and snap a picture. But as I find time around work I will get more photo's posted.

I will say, that many of those photos look VERY Professional and even the type of thing I'd expect to see on promotional material (or post cards).

I know it takes LOTS of pictures to get the right one, but they are awesome nonetheless.

Ditto that makes me wish I could get some of them

I will say, that many of those photos look VERY Professional and even the type of thing I'd expect to see on promotional material (or post cards).

I know it takes LOTS of pictures to get the right one, but they are awesome nonetheless.

Ftw Mike, Thank you very much. Hope I can get a few more online tomorrow.

Paul, Thank you very much also, I shoot a lot just to get some good ones. This trip I got some pixie dust help.

So to mix in trip preps and photography; last summer our big adjustment was for our camera. We swapped our old strap for a Black Rapid R Strap. Got the strap off the neck and over the shoulder. Best move by far. We're typically a rope drop till kick us out in the parks before the quiet boat ride back to the Fort party of four. This past year was the most comfortable yet just because I didn't have to get my camera off my neck all day. Worked great even carrying my back pack. Made the trip so much better.

And I love your photos Chris

So to mix in trip preps and photography; last summer our big adjustment was for our camera. We swapped our old strap for a Black Rapid R Strap. Got the strap off the neck and over the shoulder. Best move by far. We're typically a rope drop till kick us out in the parks before the quiet boat ride back to the Fort party of four. This past year was the most comfortable yet just because I didn't have to get my camera off my neck all day. Worked great even carrying my back pack. Made the trip so much better.

And I love your photos Chris

Thank you. The next things on my list are a better camera bag, and a better camera strap. Using the stock strap, and my camera bag is a repurposed backpack with bubble wrap inside. You should see the guards at bag check. Like what is this ?? Funny but need to protect the camera and all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter