My mom's in Haiti... [UPDATE: One year later, pg 18!]

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
... and I'm so worried for her.

She's on a medical mission trip in a small village just west of Port-au-Prince, called Petit Goave. All of the phones are down. The electricity goes down all the time, so I'm sure it's completely out there now.

One of the guys on her trip sent a text earlier saying that their team is all alive, but that they're having to dig some of them out of rubble... but there haven't been any other messages from him since. (I'm actually shocked he could get a text out at all.)

Some of the aftershocks have been centered right on their little town.

I can't imagine how terrified she must be right now. :guilty:

Oh wow. I'll say prayer for your mother and her team, and everyone else effected in Haiti

I'll be praying for your mother and the missions team (and everyone else affected by the earthquake) :goodvibes

Kathy...we will say prayers for your Mom and her team.

If there is anything we can do...please let us know.

How terrifying! I will keep your mom, her team and everyone else in Haiti in my thoughts and prayers. Sending NJ Pixie Dust to Haiti...:wizard:

My thoughts and prayers go out to your mom, the team, and the other people in that area. It must be frightening for everyone.

Haiti is near and dear to my heart. We have a sister church in a very remote part in the southwestern area and we sponsor 2 children with their education. My DH and I went with a team in July 2008 to visit and hold a seminar for them. We are thankful that they weren't affected by the earthquake, minus some shaking.

Sending out lots of good thoughts and prayers for my DISmom, the others in her group, and all those affected by the earthquakes.

And sending you lots of hugs, my friend.

Please keep us posted.

Kathy - prayers for you, your mom and her team right now!! :hug:

Kathy, prayers and pixie dust for your mom and her mission group. And all the people in the quake zone.

Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter