My Minnie necklace

Ok, now I am addicted. LOL I made my daughter and about 8 of her friends matching rainbow cupcake necklaces with their names on them. ;) Very fun.

IMG_1134-1.jpg

These are the ones I made for my little gal. There are a couple more I made for my hula hooping daughter to do with her love of hoop dancing and a few for me made with Jack and Sally.

This is the necklace I was telling some people about. It's made in photoshop. Then the printed image is adhered to a glass tile.
73235_546253576618_32704081_32115200_6683780_n.jpg

Love these necklaces! It looks like you've used 2 different kinds of ribbon, can you tell me exactly what kind of ribbon you used, and also how does it fasten in the back? Do you tie it? Or is there some sort of clasp?

Love these necklaces! It looks like you've used 2 different kinds of ribbon, can you tell me exactly what kind of ribbon you used, and also how does it fasten in the back? Do you tie it? Or is there some sort of clasp?

They sell the ribbon at craft sites, and our Walmart actually sells them. They come already made into necklaces with clasps....

I purchase them already made. You can get them off etsy and they are not expensive. They have a lobster clasp on them.

I apologized to Rebecca but would like to apologize here also. It was never my intention to go against DISboards policy. I apologize for this post getting out of hand. Someone had asked me to post the picture of the necklace & I gladly gave instructions on how to make it. I am glad to answer questions about it too! Never intended to use it as an advertisement. Again I am sorry!!! Thanks for understanding!!!

I don't think you need to apologize. There was nothing wrong with your post and you clearly were not advertising. Great work!

I don't think you need to apologize. There was nothing wrong with your post and you clearly were not advertising. Great work!

I too am glad you posted. I was able to make a bunch of different kinds of these necklaces after reading this thread. :)

I LOVE these - so cute! Thanks so much for sharing the instructions.

When I searched for Sun and Moon glass tiles on etsy, I come up with Bottle Cap Supply Shop. Is that the same company that you use?

Thanks bee bumble! Salandjeff if you search under shops on etsy type in sun and moon crafts. Their picture is black & white moon. If not under supplies type in glass tiles. Hope this helps!

These are adorable! I googled Sun and Moon glass tiles and came up with this http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com/supplies/jewelry-supplies/1-inch-square-glass-tiles.html I wonder if it's the same one as etsy? It also brings up the question, what size are the tiles?

Thanks so much for posting. I've got too many craft projects underway right now (who doesn't right?) to tackle these, but I was thinking they'd be fun for Valentine's Day. I also think they'd sell well at a craft show.

Okay, I found a tutorial on the site as well. http://www.sunandmooncraftkits.com/glass-tile-pendant-tutorial/ It looks like the same instructions, just a lot more detailed (things like "turn the bottle upside down and hold it for 15 seconds" LOL!). They also have some other fun shapes. A REALLY big thanks to you OP!

Mine are 1". I have 2" tiles but have never done one of the Minnie's in that size. I mostly use those for photos.

385498_190411401041752_115182548564638_419494_2096538483_n.jpg
this is a 2" tile with a photo. I love this size for a larger photo. Maybe I will make a Minnie one in this size just to see how it looks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter