My Minnie necklace

Thank you for your post but it was just a reminder for all... not directly at you solely.

Please feel free to post away with your wonderful creations!!!

I tried to make a couple for the Big Give but after applying the glaze the ink seems to bleed or smudge, I printed the image in a glossy paper high quality because I wanted it pretty and sharp and it came out pretty but after letting it dry i was not very happy with how it looked. The black was dull and just not pretty.
What I am doing wrong?

I got the glaze and the glass tile from Etsy (sun and moon) I got the generic glaze black label bottle and the 1x1 inch glass tile, are these the correct items?

Thank you

Make sure it's photo paper. Some people like to have them printed by professional printing. I just use my printer but I do use photo paper. Never had trouble with it fading or bleeding.

On the glaze I am not familiar with Sun and Moon black label. I use their glass glaze. You can also use dimensional modge podge or regular modge podge. I used that before I pour my resin on bottlecaps so that the ink doesn't run on those.

Hope that helps when you try it again. If not please let me know.

These are so cute! Where do you get the image from to make the tiles? I have photoshop but not any minnie mouse images. Thanks!

These are so cute! Where do you get the image from to make the tiles? I have photoshop but not any minnie mouse images. Thanks!

You should be able to google Minnie Mouse images & find something.

Beautiful necklaces, thanks for sharing your instructions on how to make them. One more craft idea to share with my super crafty kid! ;)

Really cute, thanks for the instructions. I'll have to make one of these to go with my daughter's halloween costume this year!

This is the necklace I was telling some people about. It's made in photoshop. Then the printed image is adhered to a glass tile.
73235_546253576618_32704081_32115200_6683780_n.jpg

I make these, and never thougth to use a mickey head!!:love: I'd love them for vacation, but all my things are in storage! Guess I need to buy more. :goodvibes

This is the necklace I was telling some people about. It's made in photoshop. Then the printed image is adhered to a glass tile.
73235_546253576618_32704081_32115200_6683780_n.jpg

These necklaces are so cute. I looked on etsy's to try and find the supplies to make these for my DD.

I just wanted to confirm with you what all is needed:

1. glass tiles
2. bails
3. glaze
4. bail glue
5. chain or ribbon

Can you please let me know if I am missing anything.
Thanks so much.

You may can google the image or something similar. Just use a dotted background with Minnie on top & then type in the name you want.

I think as far as supplies you have it covered. You just need photo paper to print your image or have it printed at a photo processor. Have fun!!! Post it when you get it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter