• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

my first post

Joining in <3 You have such a precious family! Can't wait to ready more about your Disney adventures! <3

Joining along... Looking forward to hearing more about your planning details. EKKK! Y'all are going to have so much fun! :)

Your kids are so precious... tell us more about their fave Disney characters & what they're looking forward to the most during y'alls trip.

Amanda just loves belle and simba and minnie mouse.she can`t wait to see them and take pictures :) she is really looking forward to MNSSHP (since she missed trick or treating last year)and shopping because here in montreal quebec there are no disney stores :sad1:

Ryan is a toy story freak lol and mickey mouse. when he watches the movies its like he is in a whole other world. i can`t wait to see what he does when he sees them.

Tommy is mickey mouse and he loves watching disney tv like phineus and ferb and he loves basketball he is really looking forward to NBA city

and there is Jordan he is my oldest (20) he loves the old disney like aladin,the jungle book,stitch is his favorite.he cries at any disney movie :lmao: i guess he is lokking forward to re-living his childhood

a couple of posts ago i promised to put up some pics that we took when Amanda recieved tickets for How to train your dragon live on stage.
i am posting the best ones cause our camera died :eek: i think the battery is not good anymore it just lasted us 30 minutes

555757_4221111361206_1644184452_n.jpg

DSC05515.jpg

DSC05510.jpg

DSC05465.jpg

DSC05447.jpg

Oooh! I can't wait for How to train a dragon to come here! Was it fun?

we had 4 tickets myself, Amanda (13) , Ryan (4) and Jordan (20).
tommy stayed back he didn't like the movie

I thought only the younger ones would love it but i was surprised we all did the special effects were amazing. and the dragons were WOW they even flew around. everyone just loved it

:) So glad you guys had fun. You and Amanda look beautiful. I love the t-shirt. Todd and I are waiting on the bad weather so your posts are a great distraction.

Amanda just loves belle and simba and minnie mouse.she can`t wait to see them and take pictures :) she is really looking forward to MNSSHP (since she missed trick or treating last year)and shopping because here in montreal quebec there are no disney stores :sad1:

Ryan is a toy story freak lol and mickey mouse. when he watches the movies its like he is in a whole other world. i can`t wait to see what he does when he sees them.

Tommy is mickey mouse and he loves watching disney tv like phineus and ferb and he loves basketball he is really looking forward to NBA city

and there is Jordan he is my oldest (20) he loves the old disney like aladin,the jungle book,stitch is his favorite.he cries at any disney movie :lmao: i guess he is lokking forward to re-living his childhood

Aww, A girl after my own heart. Belle is my absolute FAVORITE. I love Beauty and the Beast. I think I could watch it every day! :)

Sounds like all your kids are Disney fans. That's a treat! Both my kids love Disney it's my grumpy husband but I think he's more annoyed with me talking about it than anything.. haha.

I love that Jordan likes the older Disney movies... Those are such classics! And that's so sweet that he cries! :)

So, what about you MOM? Who are your fave characters and what are you looking forward to other than watching your kiddos have a good time and Amanda getting to celebrate Halloween? :)

Love the How to Train Your Dragon photos.. I've actually never seen that movie. Guess I need to check it out.

Aww, A girl after my own heart. Belle is my absolute FAVORITE. I love Beauty and the Beast. I think I could watch it every day! :)

Sounds like all your kids are Disney fans. That's a treat! Both my kids love Disney it's my grumpy husband but I think he's more annoyed with me talking about it than anything.. haha.

I love that Jordan likes the older Disney movies... Those are such classics! And that's so sweet that he cries! :)

So, what about you MOM? Who are your fave characters and what are you looking forward to other than watching your kiddos have a good time and Amanda getting to celebrate Halloween? :)

Love the How to Train Your Dragon photos.. I've actually never seen that movie. Guess I need to check it out.

i love Tinkerbell she is my favorite i also love minnie oh and the evil queen.but lately my son Ryan has me looking at despicable me so i am starting to like the Minions :lmao:
WHAAAAAAATTTT??? that just cracks me up

i am looking forward to disney and universal and just taking in some sun(cause i work all day)and swimming.

at disney i can't wait to do the rides,and i really want to get a waffle maker lol and i can't wait for MNSSHP to see the villans.I don't know why but i always like them maybe its the little mean streak in me :confused3

at universal i really want to see harry potter and get a wand. And of course despicable me :)

But mainly it will do us a whole lotta good just to get away for awhile and let go and have fun

joining in....Amanda is an amazing young lady :) you have a wonderful family, GKTW is terrific, we visited friends who were staying there for their daughter's MAW trip in October!
MNSSHP is fun, just take it in stride, there is SO much to do and see, so pick your top fav's and get them done right away, then do whatever else you can get in!

so happy her latest tests came back with no reoccurance of her disease!

Today was the first day of school for Amanda and Tommy :)

they didn't like it but i did :cool1:

so i have a question
i have been thinking of disney almost everyday day now wondering what to pack what to see first but i never thought of eating.

i was looking at restaurants near GKTW and saw medievil times and also a pirate themed restaurant. i found them really cool and thought maybe doing one of them the day we arrive.

now my question is -- did anyone try those restaurants and was it worth it?

i have seen that lots of parents did character meals and stuff. but since i did not book one i wanted to do those restaurants instead cause i don't think we need reservations.

what i was really looking for is a great bbq place our family loves chicken and ribs any suggestions?

joining in....Amanda is an amazing young lady :) you have a wonderful family, GKTW is terrific, we visited friends who were staying there for their daughter's MAW trip in October!
MNSSHP is fun, just take it in stride, there is SO much to do and see, so pick your top fav's and get them done right away, then do whatever else you can get in!

so happy her latest tests came back with no reoccurance of her disease!

Thank you mommy2mrb

when you went to MNSSHP was there a big crowd? is there something i should bring for that night like an extra bag for candies etc..

Joining in! What a strong, amazing girl you have there! How is she doing entering her teen years? Is she into music and shopping, or a reader, or ? What does she like to do to distract her from her illness?

So happy to hear about her latest test results!!

Joining in! What a strong, amazing girl you have there! How is she doing entering her teen years? Is she into music and shopping, or a reader, or ? What does she like to do to distract her from her illness?

So happy to hear about her latest test results!!

Hi thanks for joining in :)

well she was diagnosed when she was 12 so her first year of high school she only did 2 months.

her friends came over to keep her company.

she loves taking pictures and scrapbooking. the hospital gave her a scrapbook to pass the time during chemo.she also loves music any kind. and now she is into making bracelets.
at the hospital she would make pictures and paper flowers to decorate the chemo floor ;)

Thank you mommy2mrb

when you went to MNSSHP was there a big crowd? is there something i should bring for that night like an extra bag for candies etc..

yes it was very crowded, was a sold out night...it also was raining off and on which really messed up a lot of things...we tried to make the best of it, but ended up leaving around 1030 due to being wet and tired...

as far as the candy bags....that would depend on if you do hit all the stations, the CM's only give out a couple pieces, so it doesn't fill up too quickly...everyone in your party will get a bag, so that would be LOTs of candy...you could bring some ziploc bags to stash your overflow and carry that way.

my best advice, get there at the 4:00 (they let you in early with your tickets) and get some of the rides out of the way...at 7pm when the party starts have a good game plan of the top things you want to get done...remember the characters will be in different outfits and you will only get to see some of them during the party - seven dwarfs and the villians....the parade is great, get to a spot early for the best view!

:) I agree with Mommy. Some nights are crowded and hot. So kids do not need to wear a heavy costume if they are in to that. Tere will also be special merchandise -pins and t-shirts that you can only get during the party and only in select locations.

I have two fav memories from MNSSHP. A little boy about 5 dressed in Batman costume got in front of me on BTMR. He had the pointy ears with the Batman hood. After the first hill those ears bent back and stayed that way through the whole ride---hysterical.

Another is --we were waiting in the hub for the parade to begin. A guy is dressed like Darth Maul---very realistic makeup and walking slowly around looking at people (awesome costume)....then he sees a young woman dressed like a Jedi....they procede to have an impromptu light saber fight with everyone in awe---is it real, part of the parade---nope, just two Star Wars freaks having a great time (I say freaks lovingly). Everyone clapped afterwards and then they went their separate ways. The girl hanging around to wait on the parade.

It is a special evening that everyone should do at least once.

Hi! Just found your Pre-trip report. We have been to the Halloween Party twice and we loved it.

Last time we went was in October 2011. The parade and Fireworks that night are really special. It is fun to ride a few rides but don't miss the parade and fireworks.

This is how we do the Halloween Party.

Arrive at 4:00
Ride a couple rides, and then eat some dinner at a Counter Service Restaurant.
Start visiting the candy stations.

About a half an hour before the first showing of Hallowishes find a good place to view it. We like to watch it from one of the walkways leading to AdventureLand, near the Crystal Palace restaurant.

Then after we watch Hallowishes we walk to Frontierland and find a good place for the Boo to you Parade. Near the Country Bear Jamboree or Pecos Bill restaurant is great. After the parade we visit Haunted Mansion, and then Fantasyland, and finally Tomorrowland. We stop at the trick or treat stations as we get to them.

Our first Halloween Party was on Oct. 31 2010, we dressed as a family of pirates and we had a great time. It was really crowded but we had so much fun! Riding Pirates of the Caribbean dressed up as pirates is really fun~

I hope you have a great time on your trip~

Hi guys yesterday was my nephew's baby shower so we decided to take a nice kid pic and here they are my kids Jordan , ryan, Tommy and Amanda

DSC05544.jpg

Todat we recieved our first BIG GIVE!!!

there was no letter with it but I see a name ZEZEE but no Dis name?
So please tell me who you are so i may thank you :)

we are going to have a very happy breakfast Thank you so much :)

And sorry in adavance for the big pics i have no clue how to get them smaller :confused3
DSC05551.jpg

DSC05557.jpg

DSC05562.jpg

DSC05561.jpg

DSC05564.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter