My first ever DLR trip!!!! June 13-18 *Completed!*

What Jack said. :) I think the only way you can even touch the nozzle is when you're on a bike. Then they hand it to you to insert it into your tank and hold it there. *My 74 year old grandma rides!* :eek: :laughing:

Yay for grandma!!:cheer2:

Loving your report!! It was so awesome to meet you!!! Too funny about watching DD talk about Handy Manny! She got a nap that afternoon and was a little wired while in line!

I didn't see Dumbo or Tinkerbell either. When we got back to our hotel I heard on the news there was an earthquake centered near San Diego, about the same time they announced the fireworks were delayed. I wonder if it played a part in the delay and the lack of Dumbo and Tinkerbell?

You did have a busy first day! Can't wait to read more!

I just saw today Halle Berry was in DL on June 14, bummed I never saw her!

It is the law that it has to be pumped by the attendant and you do not tip them.

Jack

Yep, I know. I grew up in Oregon. I was just quoting my husband who didn't grow up in Oregon. ;) I always tell him, "Look at all the jobs it creates."

Sure enjoying your report and pictures!

Loving your report!! It was so awesome to meet you!!! Too funny about watching DD talk about Handy Manny! She got a nap that afternoon and was a little wired while in line!

I didn't see Dumbo or Tinkerbell either. When we got back to our hotel I heard on the news there was an earthquake centered near San Diego, about the same time they announced the fireworks were delayed. I wonder if it played a part in the delay and the lack of Dumbo and Tinkerbell?

And add to that the First Lady and the First Daughters were in DCA on Thursday. One of the cast members from one of the stores told me on Friday.

I am enjoying your trip report. We leave in 19 days! Can you tell us a little more about BWPPI. That is where we are staying. How was the free breakfast? How much did parking cost? The beds in your picture look small. I might see if I can change my reservation to the room with queen size beds.

I don't remember paying for parking when we were there last fall, but we were only there for 1 night. I checked the website, though, and it's $8 per day per vehicle.

:goodvibes I'm loving your TR so far and can't wait for more! How cool about sitting next to another DIS'er for Fantasmic. I always have fun seeing others in the parks!

OK, I did learn something new today and totally non-Disney. I never knew you don't pump your own gas in Oregon. I knew about New Jersey, but not about Oregon (which is where my parents want to move). So does that mean no self-service, at all? Guess I have another state that I wont ever travel too. I wont go anywhere if I can't pump my own gas when I'm there. It's a pet peeve, lol.

Oh, but Oregon is so pretty! I didn't know about New Jersey. I thought Oregon was in it's own no-gas-pumping-allowed category. :laughing: Sure miss the no sales tax thing.

Yeah, you go grandma! I didn't know about that one. How funny!

Okay, Tuesday was the day we started off in California Adventure. Since we were up until midnight the first night, and DCA opened at 10:00, this would give Alyssa a chance to get enough sleep. I think I was up by 8:00 and ready to go by 9:00. Alyssa was still sound asleep so I watched some tv and checked in with family back home. While on the phone, Alyssa woke up, so I made her get ready. We ended up getting into DCA at about 10:30, and the first thing we did was exchange Alyssa's GAD voucher for FP's.

While we were at Guest Services, a lady was trying to get a GAC (is that what it's called?) for her DD who apparently had a disability, something about not being able to stand for extended periods of time. The CM said the DD needed to come in, and the girl came galloping in. Now I know people can have a disability that's not necessarily visible, but I got the impression that this family just wanted to take advantage of the perks the GAC would get them. When the CM told the mom that if she issued her a GAC, it wouldn't make a difference with getting on the rides in DCA like it does in DL, the mom started dropping F-bombs like crazy, wanting to know what good it would do them then. I have to applaud those CM's. They kept their cool, and just reminded the lady to watch her language. As the mom walked out, still cussing, the CM's apologized to everyone for having to listen to that.

Anyway, next we went and rode Mulholland Madness and Golden Zephyr.

150.jpg

155.jpg

After that it was 11:30, so we headed to Taste Pilot's Grill. On the way, we noticed that Mater and Lightning McQueen were out for pics, and the line was fairly short, so we did that. Apparently 11:30 was too late to beat the lunch crowd, because Taste Pilot's Grill was packed! Alyssa and I both got burgers, fries, and drinks. To me, the burger was just okay. The meat tasted a little weird, but the fries were some of the best I've ever had.

Next up was Hollywood Studios Backlot.

157.jpg

We happened to pass by Drawn to the Magic just as it was finishing, and Woody, Sorcerer Mickey, and Cinderella were out. I was able to get us in the line to meet Cinderella. We scored another princess! :laughing:

158.jpg

159.jpg

As we were passing Monster's Inc, we noticed that Sulley was out, but his handler announced that he needed to go. As Sulley passed us though, he made Alyssa and I each give him a high five. :thumbsup2

160.jpg

161.jpg

We decided to start heading towards the hotel for break. On the way, we picked up some cotton candy and stopped at Engine Ears Toys to pick up some potato head pieces. I had planned on just filling one of the $20 boxes with parts and picking up a head after we got home, but Alyssa really wanted to play with it right away. She was willing to buy the head herself, so I agreed. We already had the box full, so we grabbed a head and went to the counter to pay. I didn't realize that they don't sell just the head at all, and the guy said not to worry about it and slipped it into the bag along with the other things we bought. Sweet! :woohoo:

We made it back to the hotel around 2:00, and Alyssa had to try out her potato head stuff.

162.jpg

163.jpg

Alyssa wanted to swim, so we hit the pool while also getting a load of laundry done. We were back at DL by 5:30, and went to the Pizza Port in Tomorrowland for dinner. More cheese pizza! :) Next was Pixie Hollow again, but only Tink was there. We happened to catch the parade at the right time and got these pics:

165.jpg

167.jpg

169.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

177.jpg

I dragged Alyssa to World of Disney in DTD because I wanted to try and finish the souvenir shopping for everyone else so I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore.

179.jpg

We bought so many things that we had to drop them off at the hotel, and then we were back to DL by 9:00. We rode Autopia again.

181.jpg

I got us a Mickey pretzel to share, and we sat at Tomorrowland Terrace to eat and watch people dance at the TLT Club. Next was some shopping at some candy store on Main Street, and then Blue Ribbon Bakery for muffins and a chocolate croissant for the next morning. We were back in our room by 11:00, I believe.

Next up: Day 3 with MM, and lots of characters including the special interaction that Alyssa got to have with one. :love:

:goodvibes I'm loving your TR so far and can't wait for more! How cool about sitting next to another DIS'er for Fantasmic. I always have fun seeing others in the parks!

OK, I did learn something new today and totally non-Disney. I never knew you don't pump your own gas in Oregon. I knew about New Jersey, but not about Oregon (which is where my parents want to move). So does that mean no self-service, at all? Guess I have another state that I wont ever travel too. I wont go anywhere if I can't pump my own gas when I'm there. It's a pet peeve, lol.

Thanks! It was really cool to be able to meet her and now I feel like she's an actual person. Compared to the rest of you fake people. :lmao:

:woohoo:

I did hear about the earthquake, but didn't even connect it to the fireworks delay. And how much do you want to bet I probably walked right past Halle Berry that day and never even recognized her? :rotfl:

By the way, I'm not trying to neglect anyone else's TR. I thought I should get mine finished before I put it off so long that I just say "screw it." Then I will get busy reading other TR's and I can get my Disney fix. :cool1:

Wow you really did so much on your first park day. I am impressed. Most of your photos show low park crowds, was that normal? Such cute pictures of the characters with your DD. What tickets did you get for Fantasmic? Dessert package? and was it worthwhile?
Your hotel room looks nice, did you enjoy your stay there?

Wow you really did so much on your first park day. I am impressed. Most of your photos show low park crowds, was that normal? Such cute pictures of the characters with your DD. What tickets did you get for Fantasmic? Dessert package? and was it worthwhile?
Your hotel room looks nice, did you enjoy your stay there?

I don't have anything to compare to, but it seemed very crowded to me by afternoon everyday. I remember at least one of our days, they had the sign out at the turnstiles that says you may not be let in if you don't have a handstamp. Yes, we did the dessert package, and it was totally worth it! I say if you can afford to splurge, do it. It was my first time seeing the show, and I had a perfect, unobstructed view, plus a chair, dessert box, and drinks.

The hotel really was very nice. I rarely stay in hotels, so I haven't seen many, but not only was it clean, the beds and pillows were nice, the furniture was decent, and the AC unit worked wonderfully. When I adjusted the thermostat, you could immediately feel it, and it had no problems keeping the room at that temperature.

We were told at our hotel that MM got cancelled. I knew I didn't like them

You have filled your days to the brim with Disney!!! What a go-getter you have, It looks like you are both having such a good time. Makes me so excited for my own trip coming up. Thanks for sharing esp all the pics!

Sounds like a great 2nd day!! Another batch of great pics!!

How sad that lady was at Guest Services......some people just try to by-pass the system & her reaction pretty much shows everyone that was what she was trying to do.

We've gotten the GAD card for the twins & only used it twice to enter thru a wheelchair entrance. I felt really weird doing that & actually had some people making rude comments. I just try to ignore them & think Disney happy thoughts.

This coming trip, we're hoping to put most of the family in the stand-by line & then enter when they're close thru the wheelchair entrance to join them. The twins won't be able to do long lines. We'll just play it by ear.

I LOVE the Potato Head set....thanx so much for the picture of it. I think the twins would have fun with this & it's soooooo cute!!

Sounds like a great 2nd day!! Another batch of great pics!!

How sad that lady was at Guest Services......some people just try to by-pass the system & her reaction pretty much shows everyone that was what she was trying to do.

We've gotten the GAD card for the twins & only used it twice to enter thru a wheelchair entrance. I felt really weird doing that & actually had some people making rude comments. I just try to ignore them & think Disney happy thoughts.

This coming trip, we're hoping to put most of the family in the stand-by line & then enter when they're close thru the wheelchair entrance to join them. The twins won't be able to do long lines. We'll just play it by ear.

I LOVE the Potato Head set....thanx so much for the picture of it. I think the twins would have fun with this & it's soooooo cute!!

I never said anything or made faces when I saw people do this, but I had to remind myself that I don't know their situation. One day we had been in line for 30 minutes at Pixie Hollow and this woman and her son came walking right up the GAC entrance or whatever it's called. In my head I was like, "Nooo, they're going to make our wait longer!" They ended up being just ahead of us, and when the son was interacting with Iridessa, it was easy to tell that he was mentally handicapped. I felt bad for thinking what I had been, and after that I minded my own d@mn business. :rotfl:

We were told at our hotel that MM got cancelled. I knew I didn't like them

Oh no! We talked to a lady who thought MM would still be happening on Thursday. She said there were a ton of people in line waiting, and then they all had to wait an extra hour because they discovered there was no MM.

Oh no! We talked to a lady who thought MM would still be happening on Thursday. She said there were a ton of people in line waiting, and then they all had to wait an extra hour because they discovered there was no MM.

Well, as it turned out they wouldn't do MM without me. I have an AP so there was no MM for me. I loved the AP, it was great for discounts. It saved us a meal every time we used it. And when I did my GAD it changed the playing field completely. I will tell you all about that when I get to Friday on trip report.

You have a lot of fun pictures. And I have to say that you are great at taking the self portraits of you and your daughter! Whenever I try to do that you can only see half of what is supposed to be seen, it's all crooked, etc. Looking forward to reading more!

This is what I call Jackpot Day. :yay: Wednesday was our last chance to use our Magic Morning, and I didn't want to miss out on the experience. MM was at 7:00, so I think we made it to security at 6:30. I knew that with having Alyssa, we wouldn't be able to make it back to Fantasyland as fast as a lot of the people, so I assumed lines would already be forming for rides. When we went through the castle though, I was pleasantly surprised. We walked onto Peter Pan, Dumbo, Teacups, Carousel, and Teacups again.

186.jpg

188.jpg

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

I couldn't get Alyssa to go on Alice or any other rides, but it was still worth getting there early. It's very peaceful in the morning with very few people in the park.

At about 8:00, we just kind of wandered around, going back through the castle and grabbing a muffin from a stand to share.

195.jpg

197.jpg

I decided that we should maybe check out the Princess Fantasy Faire on this day, so we headed in that direction. There's a counter service restaurant next to PFF (Village Haus?) with a few tables so we sat there and ate our breakfast. Oh, in case you were wondering, we forgot all about the muffins we got the night before from the bakery. :sad2: At about 8:30 we saw one family lining up for PFF, so we went over. One other group got there first, but we were still third in line. I was fine with waiting for this to open up; Alyssa didn't really feel like running around yet to do other things.

Alyssa was excited when they announced the possible princesses: Belle, Tiana, Ariel, and *I think* Jasmine. There would be three out of those four. Here's who we got:

200.jpg

202.jpg

205.jpg

Alyssa kept saying how she wanted to meet Tiana, and I was super excited to see her there, but when we were finished, Alyssa was most excited about Ariel. :laughing: Next we hit PH again.

209.jpg

212.jpg

215.jpg

218.jpg

221.jpg

When you come out of PH, you conveniently end up in a little souvenir stand full of fairy stuff. There's also a face painter that Alyssa had spotted and she wanted her face done, so that's what we did next.

223.jpg

224.jpg

225.jpg

As we walked to the hub Alyssa said we should go ask at City Hall about Mary Poppins and Bert. She has wanted to see them since we watched the movie a few months ago. So we asked at about 10:30 and were told they would come out at 11:00 and 12:00 by Plaza Inn. Alyssa really didn't want to miss them, and we pretty much stood in front of Plaza Inn that half hour.

All of a sudden I saw Mary and Bert coming right toward us! I almost jumped up and down, I was so excited. I told them hello and asked if they were going to be doing pictures. Mary said yes, over at Plaza Pavilion. Mary took Alyssa's hand and reminded her to look both ways before crossing the street. They held hands the whole way, and Alyssa was the first one to visit with her and Bert. Thank god I had my sunglasses on, because I turned into a blubbering idiot. The glasses hid my eyes, and nobody had a clue. To me it was such a special moment, and Alyssa was in awe afterwards and kept talking about how she finally got to meet Mary and Bert.

Here are the pics. There aren't any of the hand holding because it happened so quickly and I was just taking it all in.

229.jpg

230.jpg

231.jpg

This is getting long, so Day 3 will be continued soon....

After the Mary and Bert excitement, we took a break and shared a croissant in Carnation Plaza Gardens. Then we headed over to Critter Country. We got to meet Tigger and Pooh! Apparently the good pics are on my photopass account, so as soon as I get those, I will post them too.

233.jpg

234.jpg

235.jpg

Tigger is so entertaining! I encourage you all to go see him in action, even if you aren't a big fan. He cracked us up with every interaction, and made the time waiting in line go fast. I asked Alyssa if she wanted me in the pic, and she said that she wanted to be alone. Tigger took it literally and backed up with his arms folded over his chest. :rotfl: I was so sad though because as soon as we were done, Eeyore came out. Alyssa refused to wait again, so I just snapped this pic:

241.jpg

We rode the Winnie the Pooh ride:

238.jpg

239.jpg

Then we shared a churro, which Alyssa loved. I thought it was good, but she was completely hooked. We spent some time at the Pirate's Lair:

242.jpg

243.jpg

244.jpg

We caught the train in New Orleans Square to go to Toontown, and met Mickey in his movie barn.

248.jpg

249.jpg

Afterward, we wandered through Fantasyland, bought some souvenirs and postcards, and left DL at 2:20. Alyssa mentioned that we hadn't really had a full meal in a while, so we walked to Denny's on Harbor and ate. We were back at our hotel by 3:15 for a break, and headed back to DL at 5:45.

We got to get pics with Mickey and Minnie together:

252.jpg

Since the parade would be starting soon, we sat down on the curb in front of the Emporium. We only watched for a few minutes before Alyssa was ready to do something else.

This is me being bored waiting for the parade:

253.jpg

Some parade pics:

257.jpg

261.jpg

262.jpg

264.jpg

Alyssa wanted check out Tarzan's treehouse. After that, she was getting tired so we grabbed some churros on the way out and went back to the hotel around 8:00.

Coming up: Day 4, which may possibly have been more jam-packed than Day 1. Stay tuned...

wow- I love a trip report with soo many pics- you get a :thumbsup2! You guys look great and super happy! Love the Mary and Bert story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter