My experience & recommendations as a Non wheelchair using physically disabled guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Lanejudy, that's precisely the point:)

I am thrilled I found a happy medium & just want to stay in that space. This new combo made us hopeful so my husband and I are now considering buying DVC once college is paid for so we can enjoy it with the grandkids that will hopefully come someday. I'd love for people to give me tips on resorts and rooms that might work well for us as time moves on, maybe there are other ways to space it that I haven't thought of... Itineraries etc. For DVC I'm thinking the Polynesian would be a good fit because it's right on the monorail line or maybe not maybe there are regular resorts that are better suited for me. who knows I hope somebody has other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Even it's not on this thread I am going to keep looking

On our last trip, both my dad and my sister ended up sharing a cane. Dad's joint problems (arthritis, mostly) have progressively slowed him down, but he's not willing to stop yet. For our next trip, I've started suggesting maybe looking into a wheelchair for the second half of the trip, when the joint problems will be adding up but I know he'll still be wanting to explore the resort. He's promised to think about it, anyway. Goodness knows he's one of the most stubborn people I've ever known, but I want him to enjoy the World his way and even he is aware a wheelchair may be the way to go. If nothing else, he'll definitely be bringing his cane along. I just don't want him feeling bad or anything about using it, he's my dad and I want him to be happy and as pain-free as possible.

Thanks Lanejudy, that's precisely the point:)

I am thrilled I found a happy medium & just want to stay in that space. This new combo made us hopeful so my husband and I are now considering buying DVC once college is paid for so we can enjoy it with the grandkids that will hopefully come someday. I'd love for people to give me tips on resorts and rooms that might work well for us as time moves on, maybe there are other ways to space it that I haven't thought of... Itineraries etc. For DVC I'm thinking the Polynesian would be a good fit because it's right on the monorail line or maybe not maybe there are regular resorts that are better suited for me. who knows I hope somebody has other suggestions, I'd love to hear them. Even it's not on this thread I am going to keep looking
I have stayed in my friends DVC and it was so nice just be aware that they charge you for every thing, like you want more towels it will coast your trash take out ( they will do it ever 3 days) it will cast you. so if you are on a budget you need to remember the little hidden coast but it can be very do able.

I have stayed in my friends DVC and it was so nice just be aware that they charge you for every thing, like you want more towels it will coast your trash take out ( they will do it ever 3 days) it will cast you. so if you are on a budget you need to remember the little hidden coast but it can be very do able.
Because the DVC resorts are member resorts, they work a little differently as far as Housekeeping.
This is ONLY if you are staying on member points. If you are staying as a regular reservation thru Disney, you will get the same daily Housekeepng as at any other resort.

For staying on member points, you get a start up of towels and supplies, then get either a full clean or trash and tidy (clean towels, trash removed and supplies replenished) on day 4. Full clean is day 4 for stays of 8 nights or more. Trash & Tidy is on day 4 for stays of 7 nights or less. The schedule keeps repeating after day 4.
We are DVC members and really like not having Housekeeping in every day.
If someone is staying on points and wants more service, it is available for a fee. Doing it this way helps keep member dues lower.

Because the DVC resorts are member resorts, they work a little differently as far as Housekeeping.
This is ONLY if you are staying on member points. If you are staying as a regular reservation thru Disney, you will get the same daily Housekeepng as at any other resort.

For staying on member points, you get a start up of towels and supplies, then get either a full clean or trash and tidy (clean towels, trash removed and supplies replenished) on day 4. Full clean is day 4 for stays of 8 nights or more. Trash & Tidy is on day 4 for stays of 7 nights or less. The schedule keeps repeating after day 4.
We are DVC members and really like not having Housekeeping in every day.
If someone is staying on points and wants more service, it is available for a fee. Doing it this way helps keep member dues lower.
Yes I know it was a little different I know when I toke the DVC tour they did not tell me about the cleaning schedule and fees I know the OP is looking but not soon? And I was giving her an I need to maybe look at the extra fees I may have type of things

this was the first time I've been to WDW since they stopped supporting disabled with anything other than ''we have wheelchairs' or whatever it is they call them. I won't go into detail but my son 18 & daughter 17 did not react positively to the cast member telling me to get a wheelchair.

Getting on with it: So in the past we used to go and spend 10 days min at WDW with daily parks but due to concerns over changes I read about here I went with 2 days front end, a cruise in the middle and hoping for 2 days at back end with a day by day sort of vibe so I didn't push it. We also went this past week, off season, to limit the demands on me plus discomfort of heat.

Overall I'd say the strategy was a success. Thumbs up for cooler weather during a time of year with low chance of rain increasing aches. I would say that a whirlwind extravaganza is no longer possible due to their new policies for non wheelchair bound physically handicapped persons but in small doses it's still doable although hoppers are not reasonable any more- unless you are not prone to an accumulation of pain. If you move slowly but things don't hurt it might not matter but that's not me. The Uggs were awesome, lower crowds meant I could walk slower and not miss out. Also, the break in the middle allowed me to heal in between spurts.

Day 1 was travel, we arrived and I rested- enjoying the treehouse villa :). It's kind of isolated and off the beaten path so I was really happy we had a rental car to help manage time on my feet, need to reserve the strain for family time.

Day 2 we did Epcot, our party of 6 logged 15,197 steps through the day. I wore my ugg boots which helped a lot, thank goodness it was cool out.

Day 3 we did Animal Kingdom , also logged nearly 12000 steps. By the end of the day I was limping pretty badly so I was glad I wasn't doing another park for a while. Wore Uggs again which really helped keep my feet warm and prevented friction on my Achilles' tendon.

Day 4 we drove our rental car to the cruise, they had good handicapped parking at the front of terminal parking so that was a help at about $60 for the 3 night cruise. We unloaded with a porter then made our way. We were a DVC party so the wait was short- there were seats to the side with a Disney employee so I think/suspect a person in pain could wait then rejoin party at the desk for the photo op;)

The boat, It was lovely to be in a space that didn't require too much walking/standing. Good option for those who want the Disney experience but physically can't do the walking and don't want a wheelchair. Seems a better fit for us now.

Day 5, we went to the Bahamas. Didn't go too far into town. In truth I wanted to stay on the boat and rest but the other couple we were with wanted to venture out so we did. Walked a bit down the main strip, then dipped into Senor Frogs where we had a great deal of fun"resting our feet;)" it was fine but I wouldn't do it again- walkways were a bit uneven here and there so someone with an unsteady gait might find it to be a struggle- Boat was better :)

Day 6, we went on to Castaway Cay and stayed in a cabana. First, they have a dr on the island - We saw an elderly woman be rescued from a blackout - seems she went facedown in the sand, 20 something grandson didn't notice right away and rest of family had gone off, it was cold and the beach was deserted ( we were on the other side of the island) so very few eyes around- thank goodness the girl who takes drink orders happened to see her and radio for help, my DH and son helped the lady up and the doctor was there to take care of her and get her to medical so that was good. There are 2 shuttles to move guests around the island and limit walking which is pretty fantastic. Very very non wheelchair using handicapped supportive organization & setup, I would totally recommend Castaway Cay and the whole Disney Cruise line experience for anyone like me who is handicapped but not wheelchair dependent and who wants to do Disney but just can't physically tolerate what the parks demand as things are now.

Day 7, got back to WDW and checked in at Animal Kingdom Villa. This place is huge but doable as long as you have a rental car and park near your room. The first day We used the free valet for handicapped persons at the main entrance and I regretted it since we were in room 7766 or something like that so the walk was awful- my whole party was about 2 hallways in front of me. Normally my family stays with me but we we were with another couple and the guy was a colleague from my husbands job so no one wanted to make a scene. They were the sorts who think everything can be fixed by veggies and the 'right outlook' so what can ya do. After getting settled my husband sprinted back to the lobby and moved the car for me so it was a short walk from the closest elevator for the rest of the time. We were in room 7766. I had wanted to go to Universal but didn't think I could manage so we skipped it and went to see Deadpool at Downtown Disney- aka Disney Springs . They have valet parking, I think it's a $20 max

Day 7, Magic Kingdom - 14,600 steps- glad I rested up for this one. I wore my easy spirit sneakers and made it. At the end of the day I was in soooo much pain but I was able to enjoy my day and do what I wanted, grateful I saved it for the last day because if I had done it first like I used to do I would have been in too much pain to do anything else.

Day 8 was just a travel back home day.

Overall Recommendation, I'd say it's doable for people like me as long as you prepare your party for the concessions and pace yourself. I think the spacing out is key, if you can do the cruise, if it's too expensive, and it is expensive, then split time with pool days or beach days to rest in between. Since they don't have non expiring pass options any more resist the urge to buy too much up front. Instead buy the minimum and add days as you go at the resort lobby, nothing worse than feeling bad about a handicap and kicking yourself over lost money.

My mom is similar in that too much walking is hard for her, but she can still walk. We found that an ECV was great for her at the parks. One nice thing about it is you can always park & walk when you like- how much you use it is totally up to you. Care Medical was the provider & I really recommend them. Glad you were able to have some fun in any case.

this was the first time I've been to WDW since they stopped supporting disabled with anything other than ''we have wheelchairs' or whatever it is they call them. I won't go into detail but my son 18 & daughter 17 did not react positively to the cast member telling me to get a wheelchair.

Getting on with it: So in the past we used to go and spend 10 days min at WDW with daily parks but due to concerns over changes I read about here I went with 2 days front end, a cruise in the middle and hoping for 2 days at back end with a day by day sort of vibe so I didn't push it. We also went this past week, off season, to limit the demands on me plus discomfort of heat.

Overall I'd say the strategy was a success. Thumbs up for cooler weather during a time of year with low chance of rain increasing aches. I would say that a whirlwind extravaganza is no longer possible due to their new policies for non wheelchair bound physically handicapped persons but in small doses it's still doable although hoppers are not reasonable any more- unless you are not prone to an accumulation of pain. If you move slowly but things don't hurt it might not matter but that's not me. The Uggs were awesome, lower crowds meant I could walk slower and not miss out. Also, the break in the middle allowed me to heal in between spurts.

Day 1 was travel, we arrived and I rested- enjoying the treehouse villa :). It's kind of isolated and off the beaten path so I was really happy we had a rental car to help manage time on my feet, need to reserve the strain for family time.

Day 2 we did Epcot, our party of 6 logged 15,197 steps through the day. I wore my ugg boots which helped a lot, thank goodness it was cool out.

Day 3 we did Animal Kingdom , also logged nearly 12000 steps. By the end of the day I was limping pretty badly so I was glad I wasn't doing another park for a while. Wore Uggs again which really helped keep my feet warm and prevented friction on my Achilles' tendon.

Day 4 we drove our rental car to the cruise, they had good handicapped parking at the front of terminal parking so that was a help at about $60 for the 3 night cruise. We unloaded with a porter then made our way. We were a DVC party so the wait was short- there were seats to the side with a Disney employee so I think/suspect a person in pain could wait then rejoin party at the desk for the photo op;)

The boat, It was lovely to be in a space that didn't require too much walking/standing. Good option for those who want the Disney experience but physically can't do the walking and don't want a wheelchair. Seems a better fit for us now.

Day 5, we went to the Bahamas. Didn't go too far into town. In truth I wanted to stay on the boat and rest but the other couple we were with wanted to venture out so we did. Walked a bit down the main strip, then dipped into Senor Frogs where we had a great deal of fun"resting our feet;)" it was fine but I wouldn't do it again- walkways were a bit uneven here and there so someone with an unsteady gait might find it to be a struggle- Boat was better :)

Day 6, we went on to Castaway Cay and stayed in a cabana. First, they have a dr on the island - We saw an elderly woman be rescued from a blackout - seems she went facedown in the sand, 20 something grandson didn't notice right away and rest of family had gone off, it was cold and the beach was deserted ( we were on the other side of the island) so very few eyes around- thank goodness the girl who takes drink orders happened to see her and radio for help, my DH and son helped the lady up and the doctor was there to take care of her and get her to medical so that was good. There are 2 shuttles to move guests around the island and limit walking which is pretty fantastic. Very very non wheelchair using handicapped supportive organization & setup, I would totally recommend Castaway Cay and the whole Disney Cruise line experience for anyone like me who is handicapped but not wheelchair dependent and who wants to do Disney but just can't physically tolerate what the parks demand as things are now.

Day 7, got back to WDW and checked in at Animal Kingdom Villa. This place is huge but doable as long as you have a rental car and park near your room. The first day We used the free valet for handicapped persons at the main entrance and I regretted it since we were in room 7766 or something like that so the walk was awful- my whole party was about 2 hallways in front of me. Normally my family stays with me but we we were with another couple and the guy was a colleague from my husbands job so no one wanted to make a scene. They were the sorts who think everything can be fixed by veggies and the 'right outlook' so what can ya do. After getting settled my husband sprinted back to the lobby and moved the car for me so it was a short walk from the closest elevator for the rest of the time. We were in room 7766. I had wanted to go to Universal but didn't think I could manage so we skipped it and went to see Deadpool at Downtown Disney- aka Disney Springs . They have valet parking, I think it's a $20 max

Day 7, Magic Kingdom - 14,600 steps- glad I rested up for this one. I wore my easy spirit sneakers and made it. At the end of the day I was in soooo much pain but I was able to enjoy my day and do what I wanted, grateful I saved it for the last day because if I had done it first like I used to do I would have been in too much pain to do anything else.

Day 8 was just a travel back home day.

Overall Recommendation, I'd say it's doable for people like me as long as you prepare your party for the concessions and pace yourself. I think the spacing out is key, if you can do the cruise, if it's too expensive, and it is expensive, then split time with pool days or beach days to rest in between. Since they don't have non expiring pass options any more resist the urge to buy too much up front. Instead buy the minimum and add days as you go at the resort lobby, nothing worse than feeling bad about a handicap and kicking yourself over lost money.

I'm glad that you found a way to have "Disney fun" with little time at the parks, but I think your claim that Disney doesn't adequately support the physically disabled is misleading. They may not provide the support that YOU want, i.e., an unlimited FastPass, as was the practice with the GAC, but the support is there in the form of accessible lines. That you choose not to use a mobility device is on you, not on Disney.

Yes, by enforcing use of the DAS they have taken away the ability to do eight hours worth of rides in four hours, but that's as it should be. Other than Wish trippers, no one should be able to get on a ride without waiting, either via the standby line, the FP+ time or the return time on the DAS.

Yes, I did find an arrangement that works for me & people like me because the world is full of us. It's so nice that so many people are so deeply supportive of people like me living our lives our way. The world would be so boring if we were all the same so it's pretty terrific to acknowledge diversity in such a sensitive environment :)

I think what most people ( I now I did) was having a problem with was in your first paragraph you said your kids did not respond positive when the CM told you to use a wheel chair ( my computer will not let me quote right now) you then go on to say you have to limit your walking. as other have said I do not know what a DAS can do for you unless you want to use it as a unlimited FP meaning get a DAS return time for 7 DMT go on pooh go on the carrousel on the tea cups then go on 7DMT. this would give you an pretty much an unlimited FP and as our big trip said only wish kids should have this. people have been fighting so hard to have equal accesses and now that disney has done this and people can not have unlimited FP they are complaining. Do I think using a wheel chair sucks yes I have hurt my foot to the point I could not walk ( I was at BTMTT and the CM was bagging me to let her call EMS to have my foot looked at) I was able to enjoy disney in a wheel chair for the rest of my trip thanks to a very good friend who pushed me yet I was a little embarest that I looked so young ( yes I know I needed it and had no resion to feel this way and who care what other think) I was so bad I told my friend you better not take any pictures of me in this wheel chair, so I totally get the I do not want to use a wheel chair.

I do not know why your children had the reaction when the CM told you to use a mobility device, I do not know if it was you are used to touring with the old GAC being able to walk on to rides, if they look down at people in then ( I am hoping not) if they do not like it for any number of reason or like me they think people will look at you and go wow why does she need this she look so young. ( I had so many nice things happen to me form guest and other CM I at the end of my trip felt specie and it made for a much better trip then if I had not gotten hurt)

disney has to look out for every one not just people like you who can walk but can not stand in one place to long for what ever reason but for people who have a number of disabilities and they try to accommodate ever one the best they can. Disney is not forcing you to use a mobility device they are just saying that if your needs are you need to be able to sit or walk slowly they will tell you to use a mobility device you do not have to use one or you can use it as a tool just in case take to to each land and leave it in the stroller parking area in case you need it. I will say it again I did have a problem with how your children reacted ( or how you said they did when the CM said to use a mobility device ) yes I think we all can decided with in the guide lines disney gives us how we want to do disney we all need to take what accommodation disney gives us and find the right sulotion for out needs even after going some 35-40 times last year I am still trying to tweek how I do disney and make the accmidation that they give me work best for me. I learn a little ever time dose it suck that I have ( we) disabilities and we can not go in like a normal guest yes are there some pixie dust momments that happen because I /we have a disability yes.

with that said I am glade you found a way to make a vacation nice for you and your family that you still get a disney vacation that you still had fun after all disney truly is the happiest place on earth. even with a disability.

What would be great would be other people offering solutions in ways to make touring more doable like: hey, this strategy worked out by limiting steps and here is how---. Fantasyland is a bit spread out but Adventure land a little more compact so try this. Or, --- is a great spot for a rest with seating (the gray rock seats outside of Swiss family Treehouse for example when I was waiting for the rest of my party to do Jungle Cruise- bathrooms right there too so I got a nice hour break by myself) and such. There is the train that circles around MK so that might help but not sure yet- needs tinkering.

I'll keep thinking of tips because I'm sure I've cultivated a bunch of modifications through the years I'm not even thinking about any more. I'm equally sure others have done the same but haven't heard much yet, it would be great to hear since we are considering a trip around Christmas but it's so busy then, not sure if it would be doable. I never did it this time of year before. Thinking if I alternate 3 park days with resort visits to see the gingerbread & decorations plus resort restaurants I don't always have time for (resorts have free handicapped valet so that's nice) I can manage a 6 day trip... Need to perfect a ride/show timing arrangement though with the crowds. Or maybe another cruise with park days as bookends again? We drove to Miami for SIL's wedding a few years back so the drive wasn't trouble, could be a nice ongoing combo.

Some of my hiding places or places to sit by the bathrooms both the ones by space mouton and 7dmt if the sun is out a small umbrella helps also the line or area leading to story time for bell is a short wall

I do agree that there are less and less places to sit at Disney and most of the time you have to walk fair to find them

Touring with less steps I like to start out with POC then work my way around doing jungle cruse Magic carpets you could do splash ( I can not) and then BTMR if you go at rope drop you could do all this with very little wait exspaily if the park opens 8 then HM followed by a FP around 10:30 for somethings like Peter and then 7dmt and my e pooh in between

this is what I would do if I did not want to use a mobility device and had a mobility problem.

Or there is a way to get extra FP but I do not think it is right

Disney has a (kind of unfortunately titled) Guide for Guests with Cognitive Disabilities.
It was aimed at being helpful for guests with cognitive disabilities, including autism. It has a lot of general information that would be helpful for anyone with disabilities, but many people don't look at it because of the title.

Some of the helpful information includes length of attractions, which is helpful for shows - the ways are set up, there is s 'pre show' or gathering area where guests for the next show wait. There are generally no seats in those areas and guests will usually be standing in that area for the length of one show, unless they have a mobility device.

There is also a list of suggested 'quieter' places. Many of them are out of the sun and some have seating.
This is a link to the guide:

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...bilities-services/wdw_cognitive_guide_rev.pdf

Disney has a (kind of unfortunately titled) Guide for Guests with Cognitive Disabilities.

I could not a free with you more I looked at the tittle and skipped it because I do not have autism and I do not remember that I do have a cognitive disability ( yes I know I have a disability I just forget it full under the cognitive part if that makes since) but this guide is more them helpful ( the last part of it what helps me the most) I do think that they should put how long the lines are both stand by and FP but then again that could be hard with some that depending on what part they have open could change it some, but the ones like soaring where no matter what you do you are going to be walking could be helpful or if there is standing no matter what again like soaring and for about how long would be great for people with mobility problems

It was aimed at being helpful for guests with cognitive disabilities, including autism. It has a lot of general information that would be helpful for anyone with disabilities, but many people don't look at it because of the title.

Some of the helpful information includes length of attractions, which is helpful for shows - the ways are set up, there is s 'pre show' or gathering area where guests for the next show wait. There are generally no seats in those areas and guests will usually be standing in that area for the length of one show, unless they have a mobility device.

There is also a list of suggested 'quieter' places. Many of them are out of the sun and some have seating.
This is a link to the guide:

https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...bilities-services/wdw_cognitive_guide_rev.pdf

A less specific title would invite more interest, very informative-thanks for sharing that

I find the attitude about wheelchair use disconcerting. It is a device, like glasses, hearing aids, shoe inserts, leg braces, etc, that help people enjoy life. I'm glad you enjoyed the cruise, but most people find it a lot less expensive to rent a wheelchair and do 10 days at the park. I guess I just don't get what the stigma is about using a wheelchair?
It's not a stigma, but it's definately not like glasses or a hearing aid. Glasses or a hearing aid don't weigh 25 lbs. you don't have to maneuver around corners or through large crowds or worry about hitting into others who inconsiderately dodge right in your path with glasses or a hearing aid. The wheelchair puts its own tension on the body and while I agree that it's a huge help for someone who has trouble walking, it's not a help for someone who just has trouble standing because the acrobatics one must do to manuever, lift it, pull it and push it through large crowds offsets any benefit it gives. I have no trouble walking. I have no trouble standing either if I could just lean against a wall. The DAS would help someone like me because while I was waiting for my return time I could go find a wall to lean against and wouldn't have to worry about the extra tension on my body that maneuvering that heavy thing would cause. Definately NOT the same as lightweight glasses or hearing aids.

It's not a stigma, but it's definately not like glasses or a hearing aid. Glasses or a hearing aid don't weigh 25 lbs. you don't have to maneuver around corners or through large crowds or worry about hitting into others who inconsiderately dodge right in your path with glasses or a hearing aid. The wheelchair puts its own tension on the body and while I agree that it's a huge help for someone who has trouble walking, it's not a help for someone who just has trouble standing because the acrobatics one must do to manuever, lift it, pull it and push it through large crowds offsets any benefit it gives. I have no trouble walking. I have no trouble standing either if I could just lean against a wall. The DAS would help someone like me because while I was waiting for my return time I could go find a wall to lean against and wouldn't have to worry about the extra tension on my body that maneuvering that heavy thing would cause. Definately NOT the same as lightweight glasses or hearing aids.

sorry to tell you but some glasses are not light weight the first pair I had were thicker then a glass coke bottle made cuts on the bridge of my noise and at 10 months old I would scream when I had to ware them the glasses I had for the next 12 years of my life were the same thick heave and very uncomputable and getting use to them ( I hade to get a new pair ever 8 to 10 months) meant that I would run into think a lot ( I spent a lot of time with a police officer at a number of different places school summer camps because they thought I was abused)

I think we all need to remember that the grass is not alway greener on the other side if we have a disability go to GR and talk t other explain our need and then take there recommendation what ever that is and try it out and if you find something is not working then by all means go back to GR and say I have tried XYZ and it is not working because of ABC is there something you can do for me. but please do not say one disability is worst them the other or one accommodation is better then another.

sorry to tell you but some glasses are not light weight the first pair I had were thicker then a glass coke bottle made cuts on the bridge of my noise and at 10 months old I would scream when I had to ware them the glasses I had for the next 12 years of my life were the same thick heave and very uncomputable and getting use to them ( I hade to get a new pair ever 8 to 10 months) meant that I would run into think a lot ( I spent a lot of time with a police officer at a number of different places school summer camps because they thought I was abused)

I think we all need to remember that the grass is not alway greener on the other side if we have a disability go to GR and talk t other explain our need and then take there recommendation what ever that is and try it out and if you find something is not working then by all means go back to GR and say I have tried XYZ and it is not working because of ABC is there something you can do for me. but please do not say one disability is worst them the other or one accommodation is better then another.
I was definately not saying one is better or worse than the other. I was saying that there are considerations with a wheelchair that aren't there with other accommodations (and vice versa) and trying to explain regarding another poster the reason I would not want to use one was not because of stigma, but because of those other things that can be hard on an already painful body. Until I have trouble walking where the benefit of sitting outweighs the discomfort of maneuvering, I will not get a wheelchair. I'm trying a rollator that is not as heavy. It's frustrating trying to explain to people why a wheelchair is not always the answer.

I was definately not saying one is better or worse than the other. I was saying that there are considerations with a wheelchair that aren't there with other accommodations (and vice versa) and trying to explain regarding another poster the reason I would not want to use one was not because of stigma, but because of those other things that can be hard on an already painful body. Until I have trouble walking where the benefit of sitting outweighs the discomfort of maneuvering, I will not get a wheelchair. I'm trying a rollator that is not as heavy. It's frustrating trying to explain to people why a wheelchair is not always the answer.
I was also trying to explain that glasses are not all ways light weight and easy to get use to ( I know I am not the norm with my vision problem and most glasses are light weight)

also if all you need is something to lean on most lines that I have seen have railings or walls or something that you could lean up agist if that is what you need. I do feel ( and I am not saying you would do this at all so please to not think I am talking to you or saying this is why you want a DAS card think it is better then another accommodation ) but I think that some people want a DAS card so they can get a return time and then go on another ride while waiting in the DAS line. this would be double dipping and a FOTL pass witch neither should be allowed with the DAS pass. it is those people and yes I have seen them that I do not like.

I never saw you say your disability was worse. I read it that you just don't like that Disney pigeon holes EVERY mobility/stamina issue with the SAME EXACT recommendation....get a WC/ECV.
Not Every autistic person needs the same exact accommodation. Why should they think every mobility challenged person should use the same recommended accommodation (a wheelchair or ECV)??

I was also trying to explain that glasses are not all ways light weight and easy to get use to ( I know I am not the norm with my vision problem and most glasses are light weight)

also if all you need is something to lean on most lines that I have seen have railings or walls or something that you could lean up agist if that is what you need. I do feel ( and I am not saying you would do this at all so please to not think I am talking to you or saying this is why you want a DAS card think it is better then another accommodation ) but I think that some people want a DAS card so they can get a return time and then go on another ride while waiting in the DAS line. this would be double dipping and a FOTL pass witch neither should be allowed with the DAS pass. it is those people and yes I have seen them that I do not like.

That's a pretty big assumption you are making that someone wants a DAS just so they can get a return time for one attraction and then go on another attraction while waiting. How do YOU KNOW someone else's intentions and reasons for why they want a DAS? And a DAS is never a FOTL pass.

I always LOVE how those who have a DAS themselves think it's WRONG for someone else to get a DAS or that the other person does not need or isn't "worthy" of a DAS but it is okay that THEY have one (and they deserve it!). SMH!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter