My Dining Reservations - Opinions?

PrincessTracie

Earning My Ears
We have a August 13-27th trip planned this summer. Staying at POP. Getting 2 rooms but only adding the DxDP to one room and sharing the credits. There will be 4 adults and 2 boys - 5 & 8 years old. Here is what I have reserved so far.. We are at 150 days out and I can't believe how impossible getting an ADR for Ohana is!!

August 14th - Crystal Palace (Dinner)
August 15th - Coral Reef (Dinner)
August 16th - Mama Melrose (Fantasmic Dinner Pkg)
August 17th - T-Rex (Lunch/Dinner)
August 18th - Narcoosee's (Dinner - Mom's birthday)
August 19th - Trail's End (Dinner)
August 20th - Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
August 21st - No ADR - Universal
August 22nd - No ADR - Universal
August 23rd - Kona Cafe (Dinner)
August 24th - Terralina (Dinner)
August 25th - Whispering Canyon (Dinner)
August 26th - Teppan Edo (Lunch/Dinner)

Thoughts? Opinions? The one I am really hesitant about is the Mama Melrose Fantasmic pkg. Should I change it to Hollywood & Vine since its a character buffet or is the food really that bad? (I've heard Pete review this on the Dining Show! LOL)

I've only eaten at 2 of the restaurants on your list:Narcoossee and Kona Cafe.

Narcoossee's will make a wonderful birthday meal for your Mom. We've eaten there 2 or 3 times (once for the now lamented brunch and twice for dinner, most recently last December). They specialize in seafood yet still have some yummy "turf" dishes.

Kona's Cafe does make a good breakfast and the coffee will make you happy after drinking the food court versions.

I personally wouldn't do Crystal Palace unless someone is a huge Winnie the Pooh fan, the food has always been terrible and the service even worse when we have gone.

I have eaten at all of your choices except Trails End and Terralina. If you have chosen based on your schedule, the menu, location, atmosphere and theme and are satisfied, then all are fine choices. ENJOY!

We found CP to be fine buffet food. If you really want a character dinner, it's fine. Instead of MM F! dining package, I would rather go to Sci Fi or 50's PT for the theme and just arrive a little earlier at F!

Just a few options to consider...

Ur boys will most likely enjoy H&V; however, adults it’s a toss up. We’ve had great experiences at MM. My hubby and teenager love their steak. I always leave very satisfied w/ my salad and flatbread. I would recommend stick to reservation and if food outweighs atmosphere, MM.

Coral Reef is another location where atmosphere weighs heavily. Again, u will get 1000 different opinions and know this is based solely on my family and our experience. Great dining location if boys are into marine life, but not guaranteed u’ll get to sit by tank. Many great options at Epcot to consider if ur a foodie.

Narcoosees is perfect for Bday dinner. See if u can time dinner w/ fireworks at MK. They pipe in music and u can see show from deck making it a very nice evening.

Lastly, I see you have Trails End on Aug. 19th & 23rd. Have u looked into The Wave or Grand Floridian Cafe? The Wave offers a yummy Bfast Buffet and the option to order off menu, as well as, very good dinner. GFC has wonderful food and usually excellent service.

I hope this helps finalize your plans and most importantly, Have a Magical time:)!

If you're fine with the new Kona Cafe dinner menu, that's ok, but I think there are a lot better options out there, include The Wave at the Contemporary.

Likewise, Coral Reef is a lovely restaurant if you're next to the tank, but the food is meh. There are better options at Epcot.

Thank you all for your opinions and input!!!!!

This will be my two boys first time at Disney World, but my 8th trip. My parents have been there multiple times without me as well.. so they are not new to the Disney scene. My mom requested lobster for her birthday dinner.. and we ate at Narcoosee's previously so I knew they had lobster there. The only other places that I could see that offered it were The Boathouse and Paddlefish.. are there any others?

My dad made a special request for Crystal Palace (we eat there every trip).. otherwise I would scratch that one off my list in a heartbeat!

We've eaten at the Coral Reef before and were lucky enough to sit next to the tank.. crossing my fingers for the same luck this trip.. my boys will LOVE it!

We aren't big breakfast eaters, so I only scheduled one sit down breakfast. I especially didn't want to do a breakfast buffet since it would be a waste of a dining credit when we won't eat that much.

Any opinions on T-Rex, Trail's End or Terralina? These are new for us.

I think I will see if I can change the Fantasmic pkg to H&V.. I think the boys would enjoy that more.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I went ahead and made some changes. My new plan is:

August 14th - Crystal Palace (Dinner)
August 15th - Coral Reef (Dinner)
August 16th - Hollywood & Vine (Fantasmic Dinner Pkg)
August 17th - T-Rex (Lunch/Dinner)
August 18th - Narcoosee's (Dinner - Mom's birthday)
August 19th - Trail's End (Dinner)
August 20th - Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
August 21st - No ADR - Universal
August 22nd - No ADR - Universal
August 23rd - Skipper Canteen (Lunch)
August 24th - Terralina (Dinner)
August 25th - Whispering Canyon (Dinner)
August 26th - Teppan Edo (Lunch/Dinner)

So now the new restaurants we haven't eaten at would be T-Rex, Trail's End, Skipper Canteen & Terralina. Would love opinions on these!!

I think your boys will enjoy T-Rex. The food was actually much better than I expected and the atmosphere is pretty cool.

I've eaten at T-Rex and it definitely isn't fine dining but the atmosphere makes it worth it. It's easily my husband's favourite restaurant and mine for theme. Our kids LOVE it there. Our fourth trip and it's one of the few we do every time.

Last edited:
Maybe skip CP and use the credit towards Hoop De Doo instead of Trail's End?

Have you considered transportation to and from the restaurants?

I like your change on the 23rd, I'm assuming you'll be in MK, best to stay in the park.

Maybe skip CP and use the credit towards Hoop De Doo instead of Trail's End?

Have you considered transportation to and from the restaurants?

I like your change on the 23rd, I'm assuming you'll be in MK, best to stay in the park.

CP is a must-do unfortunately. Its my dad's favorite character dining location. We go there every trip. He specifically requested this place and he is footing the majority of the bill for this trip.. so gotta do what he wants. :) As far as Hoop De Doo.. after reading reviews of this show and how they pull people onstage.. I am not onboard for that.. and it would give me anxiety the whole time thinking they would ask me to go up there. Not fun!

Transportation shouldn't be an issue.. I was planning on being in those specific theme parks (or the closest theme park if its a resort) on the days we have ADR's.

I've heard good things about Skipper Canteen.. it was not there last time we were at WDW.. so I am excited to try it. We will probably be in MK until that ADR and then leave after eating to go to another park since its the Halloween party that night.

I think your boys will enjoy T-Rex. The food was actually much better than I expected and the atmosphere is pretty cool.

I've eaten at T-Rex and it definitely isn't fine dining but the atmosphere makes it worth it. It's easily my husband's favourite restaurant and mine for theme. Our kids LOVE it there. Our forth trip and it's one of the few we do every time.

This makes me feel so much better about this place!! I've heard mixed reviews about the food so it made me nervous.

CP is a must-do unfortunately. Its my dad's favorite character dining location. We go there every trip. He specifically requested this place and he is footing the majority of the bill for this trip.. so gotta do what he wants. :) As far as Hoop De Doo.. after reading reviews of this show and how they pull people onstage.. I am not onboard for that.. and it would give me anxiety the whole time thinking they would ask me to go up there. Not fun!

Transportation shouldn't be an issue.. I was planning on being in those specific theme parks (or the closest theme park if its a resort) on the days we have ADR's.

I've heard good things about Skipper Canteen.. it was not there last time we were at WDW.. so I am excited to try it. We will probably be in MK until that ADR and then leave after eating to go to another park since its the Halloween party that night.

They ask four people if they want to join the show. A kid, a pretty woman in her 20s, a guy in his 60s and a muscular man to be the Indian scout. DS was picked to be the Indian scout last week, one of the best few minutes of my life was seeing him on stage! I'm sure he could have said "no thanks". We were in Cat 1 seating, which I suspect helped.

Honestly, we were not expecting much when we had Bfast at Trails End. We were pleasantly surprised; however, we had the weekend brunch which does offer more selections.

Are u spending day @ MK? If yes, Plaza now offers a decent sit down breakfast.

I wish I had feedback on Terralina. I’ve asked everyone I know who frequently visits Disney and no one has eaten there. Please reply back and give a review if u stick w/ it.

Oh, my hubby’s telling me to let u know Boathouse lobster was fantastic! Boathouse is great because the menu offers a huge variety that suits all ages.

Honestly, we were not expecting much when we had Bfast at Trails End. We were pleasantly surprised; however, we had the weekend brunch which does offer more selections.

Are u spending day @ MK? If yes, Plaza now offers a decent sit down breakfast.

I heard good things from Pete (DIS Unplugged) about Trail's End dinner buffet, so I am excited to try it out!! Plus, we've never ventured onto the Fort Wilderness Resort before so it will be interesting to check that place out as well!

We have 9 day PH+ tickets.. so I'm sure one of those days will be an all day MK day.. however we aren't big breakfast eaters.. so that would be probably a waste of money for us.

Thanks for the tip about Boathouse.. its been 9 years since we ate there.. I wasn't sure if it had changed much. Last time we were there they offered two Maine lobsters and was disappointed to see that has since been removed from the menu. My mom (and myself) are more of a steamed lobster fan, instead of in a boil.

I wish I had feedback on Terralina. I’ve asked everyone I know who frequently visits Disney and no one has eaten there. Please reply back and give a review if u stick w/ it.

Oh, my hubby’s telling me to let u know Boathouse lobster was fantastic! Boathouse is great because the menu offers a huge variety that suits all ages.

Good to hear the Boathouse lobster lives up to the rest of the menu for ya!

As for Terralina, there is a lot of good Italian restaurants in my area so it's rare for us to eat that cuisine unless we are with DGD and she wants pizza.
Still you could read the reviews at opentable.com and see how you feel; seems like many of the reviewers like it.

https://www.opentable.com/r/terralina-crafted-italian-lake-buena-vista

I heard good things from Pete (DIS Unplugged) about Trail's End dinner buffet, so I am excited to try it out!! Plus, we've never ventured onto the Fort Wilderness Resort before so it will be interesting to check that place out as well!

We have 9 day PH+ tickets.. so I'm sure one of those days will be an all day MK day.. however we aren't big breakfast eaters.. so that would be probably a waste of money for us.

Thanks for the tip about Boathouse.. its been 9 years since we ate there.. I wasn't sure if it had changed much. Last time we were there they offered two Maine lobsters and was disappointed to see that has since been removed from the menu. My mom (and myself) are more of a steamed lobster fan, instead of in a boil.
If it's been 9 years since you last visited Disney Springs than you probably visited Fulton's since neither Paddlefish and Boathouse were open then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter