My DD's BF left last night for USMC bootcamp...

jiggerj

<font color=blue>There are important things to dis
My Dd's BF just left yesterday for the Marines. She was at the house when the recruiter came. I feel very close to him and this has been very painful for my dd and our family. We have been VERY supportive and proud of him but our emotions are raw at home right now. Is there a support group like the one for Ft. Bragg for Paris Island? My heart really hurts for my dd.

tell her to write him every day, but don't expect many letters in return! Give her a great big :grouphug: :grouphug: from the dis. If she has any questions just ask, I know I did and I always got an answer!! I don't know of any support groups, but if there are any I am sure someone here will know!

Good luck, be understanding- as for bootcamper
not much time to write letters or make calls. They keep you so busy, that you can fall asleep standing and just hope not to be
caught.
I remember volunteering to give blood, just so I could get some sleep.

Thank you for your great replies. She has been writing him everyday and she has received a couple of very short letters from him and she is so thrilled to get them. I am afraid to send anything to him as I dont want him to get in trouble. Im not sure what you can and cannot send. His last note from bootcamp was just so sad but my dd and I have been telling him how proud we are of him and are encouraging.

boot camp can be really hard on everyone. Don't send anything because they will just take it away. There may be some teary phone calls, but once its over, things do get better!! When DS left basic, he was never, ever, ever going back to Missouri, ever again, even on vacation he hated it that much. Next thing you know he is listing it on his wish list of posts.... LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter