My daughters prom is tonight..wanted to share pictures

Lovely! My little girl is still in the womb, but I know I'll be a big puddle when her prom time comes!

Thank you everyone. :goodvibes

Just heard from my DD. She had a great time at the prom. I can't wait to see the pictures she took. lol She's now headed to her bf's house for an after party and then tomorrow they are all going to an amusement park about 45 minutes from home. It's going to be a late night for me waiting up. :lmao:

Luckily, i know the family and everyone will be safe (no alcohol involved). I'm sure there will be some parties that will unfortunetly have it, but i taught my daughter well. :thumbsup2

Have a goodnight everyone.

Your Daughter is absolutely Beatiful and I love that dress!!!!
My DD had the Jr. Prom for her DB last Friday Night. Her Senior Prom is Memorial Day Weekend - that Friday Night. They have the prom at a local country club, then they go to our local roller rink till 3:30 in the morning to party. The Sr. Class Parents and Kids raise the money to rent out the roller rink for the night with unlimited food, etc. I think I am going to help out at that. DD graduates on 6/23 at 10 a.m. in the morning. Hoping for a nice day so it is outside. Even if it is overcast, better for sitting out for over 2 hours. Then she is headed to Hofstra in August for Music Ed & Musical Theater. Good Luck to your daughter. I can't believe my first child is graduating High School this year. Time has flown by. I have 3 years before the next one, then 4 after that.

DS had his prom last night too. All the kids ended up at my house after for post-prom so it was a late night here. My house tends to be the one they all congregate to anyway which is fine by me. I know where they are and what they're doing. Here's a couple of pictures:

0012.jpg

007.jpg

003.jpg

...my youngest DS [of 3] will be going to his prom on May 30...:sad1: I can't believe it - where HAS the time gone? :sad:

DD's Prom was 2 weeks ago... such a fun weekend! The kids ended up here after as well until about 3 am and then went to another friends house to watch movies.

Pics in the park
DSC08943.jpg

At home as they left for Prom
DSC08963.jpg

Last one, this was as we left the park... had some fun playing with the color
DSC09024-1.jpg

Luckily, i know the family and everyone will be safe (no alcohol involved). I'm sure there will be some parties that will unfortunately have it....

...this forces me to mention, "Has anyone here had to go to a mandatory parents' prom meeting'? When my 2 older DS's went, there was no such thing, but the new trend is to have this meeting to let parents know of the dangers of prom afterparties/next day/weekends [ususally down the shore]...it was eye-opening, to say the least! :scared1:

[...so sorry to be a 'Debbie Downer' ]

What great looking couples! and the dresses on both girls are beautiful. I hope everyone had a great time. :)

I love this time of year. I love seeing everyone all dressed up. Maybe it's because I never went to my prom. haha

Kimmar067, our school district doesn't do anything like that with the parents, but my DD's high school did have a seminar with the senior class about the dangers of drinking and driving. I know some schools in our area also do a mock car accident and even have a fake funeral to show the students just how real it can be. Over the years, we have lost at least one child in the graduating class to car accidents (some involvling alcohol and some not). It's a very somber moment when the parents come up during graduating ceremonies to receive their childs diploma. :sad1:

To everyone that's DD or DS having a prom coming up, I hope they have a safe and wonderful time. I would love to see more pictures. :thumbsup2

...Kimmar067, our school district doesn't do anything like that with the parents, but my DD's high school did have a seminar with the senior class about the dangers of drinking and driving. I know some schools in our area also do a mock car accident and even have a fake funeral to show the students just how real it can be. Over the years, we have lost at least one child in the graduating class to car accidents (some involvling alcohol and some not). It's a very somber moment when the parents come up during graduating ceremonies to receive their childs diploma. :sad1: ...
:sad2: :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter