My "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL (& PARADE)COASTAL CALIFORNIA TRIP REPRT" DEC'13

Good for you for sticking with your weight loss goals and having the motivation to do so.

I think you might need to post before and after shots. :thumbsup2

And it seems like swings and roundabouts in regards to your leave. Glad you worked it out.

I KNOW!!;) The problem I am having is I have been soooooo camera shy these past few years - only taking pics of me from the waist up - that before pics are hard to come by!! But I am still looking....some of the before pics I have posted on page 6 & 7.....

** REST ASSURED though, that I WILL be posting my video taken of me while visiting the NBC studios last Sept up in NYC **
FYI -
I still cringe when I stop the video (of me doing a mock weather update) and see just how fat I was!! ** OUCH **!!

Ladybug's "before" pic (IMHO) would be best represented on posting #30
YOWZA!!
(she looks so much leaner now)

Yes - her before weight and after weight along with all my totals (including my starting weight and current weight, etc) will be broadcasted for all to see starting December 1st - I PROMISE.:goodvibes

P.S.
Had something rather strange happen to L.B. & I Tuesday night of this week.....
We were out jogging in 41 degrees with a 18-20 mph HEADWIND!!
(front was moving in)

WOWZERS!!
Did I ever feel we were BOTH jogging IN PLACE!!

ANYWHO -
OK RUBEN......so you have been given a reprieve on the NBC tuesday night tv show, "The Biggest Loser" eh???????

Think you can keep up with Ladybug & I??????:scared:
And how about the rest of the Red Team.........:upsidedow

Think you can beat Or match OUR TOTALS???:thumbsup2

My weight loss totals ending week #16 = 5.0 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday November 11th)

1). Total overall weight lost = :wish80
PLUS 7.1 = :tinker: 87.1 pounds!!
- (got 18 more pounds to lose) -

2). MY BMI: Currently at 27.1:thumbsup2
3). MY BLOOD PRESSURE: 112 /67 = YYEEAA!!
4). MY PULSE: 57 = YYEEAAA!!!!

Total weight loss goal this week = upwards to 3.5 pounds.
AND

I can't even begin to tell ya how proud I feel to post my weight totals this week!!:cheer2:

NOW -
as an extra BONUS......

- LADYBUG -paw:

** SHE IS NOW AT A 2.6 POUND WEIGHT LOSS **party:

I am so so so soooooo proud of her in regards of her weight loss journey as well as what we are doing together to not only lose weight but keep it off as well.
Moreover, she is also getting in on the fun out in our Rec Room by being more of an active participant on our Core workouts.

What's this u say??:confused3

Since she was beginning to get in the way of me doing leg presses and such, I got up from the bench and asked her if she would really like a "good washing" down (I was mock 'threatening' her to wash her down...so she would leave me alone and go about HER bizness).
Well, she would have none of that and just stood there and started a talkin' up a storm.
I said "THAT"S IT!! and followed through on my 'threat";) which consisted me of getting into a squat position with her between my knees as I quickly massaged both sides of her using the inside flat part of my hand.

Well.....

My quads immediately felt the benefit of this......
next thing I know I had another one of those crazy ideas...:idea:

asked L.B. kindly:flower3:
if ok to "pickup" and she replied LOUDLY

so to which...
still in the squat position -

I picked her up and made a funny "WHOAHHHH!!!!" sound and
moved her from my right to left -
then set her back down.
(I was lifting her up as high as I could) -

I Repeated that 10 times -
then moved on back to the washer machine 'position'
and did that a few times
and VIOLA!!!

Ladybug:tongue:
gets what she wants
and my quads and my arms get one "H" of a workout!!:thumbsup2
(I also switch arms and move her from left to right) -

Afterwards when all done in the Rec room, we head out into the backyard for a mean game of Fling and Fetch with one of her many chew toys or better yet.....a rock.

Yes, she loves to chase rocks - GO FIGURE.

Hey....what can I say, don't knock it until ya try it!!;)
(just remember...SAFETY FIRST)!!

Besides....all I have to do now (to break up my routine for something different) while working out is say, "WASHER MACHINE?" and she runs to her place close by the weight machine, turns around and speaks as if to say, "HURRY UP!! MY TURN FOR SOME FUN.":goodvibes
So now this is a part of our workout routine.

THANK U L.B.!!

Rest assured,
I am always out for her safety, even when we go out for walks -
mine too.:yay:

ROSE BOWL UPDATE:
Just got an email from the Pasadena Convention & Visitors Bureau
with Hollie Salinas giving me the impression that the Parade and Game 'people' really don't encourage backpacks - so looks like I get to be creative in lugging around me woolies, water bottle and such for the day.
Ah well, it is what it is.:goodvibes
I am still going to get in touch with VIP TOURS, (the vendor who will be handling my round trip ground transfers to and from the Parade as well as the Granstand seating for me) to see what they say on their end.

Quiet week - but things will pick up when I buy my Rose Bowl transpo per above next week then the following week, I will receive my travel docs from YMT VACATIONS!! - YYEEAA!!!!

UP NEXT:
MY plans for Departure Day -popcorn::

P.S.

** GO RUBEN!! **

T.T.F.N.:wave:
&
Cheers

Well......that z an excellent ?:scratchin

After thinking it over
and puttin' on my Pooh thinkin' capabilities......

I thinked,
thinked........
and thinked some more

until I winked
and did a double blink;)

and came up with the following:

A rousin' good breakfast at a nice restaurant that has some wonderful food to nibble on.:woohoo:

followed by a.......

** A 2 to 3 HOUR SPA RETREAT AT 'ROYAL THAI SPA" **
(located at 685 North Point Street):cloud9:
they open up at 10am.

......then slowly meander back to the hotel for a late checkout and a late flight back into the DFW area.:cool2:

So I figure this way, I will end this nice adventures w/a Disney-like 'Good night kiss' & will be leavin' SO CAL with a pocketful of wonderful memories.:goodvibes

Allrightee & ANYWHO

- beginning to gear up for a wonderful weekend; complete even with looking at vacation clothes (pants & shirts) as I get a feeling I will be dropping one more pants size, etc
(I am currently on belt loop #4 of 5 while wearing my current pair of pants & it feels loose) -

and this should be my last drop in size as I have now lost approaching -

****** 10 INCHES !! ******:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Until Next Wednesday -

T.T.F.N.:wave2:
& Cheers

That must have been one strong wind.

I hope you sort out the backpack question for the Rose Bowl. A spa is perfect for departure day.

that must have been one strong wind.

I hope you sort out the backpack question for the rose bowl. A spa is perfect for departure day.

It felt very very strange with the cold wind blowing hard against our faces as I was determined to get in a good cardio workout before the front really moved in and dropped temps below 39 degrees (the coldest I will go outside jogging w/Ladybug). Coolest part was it was fun seeing the wind work its magic of everything around us; from the leaves on the trees to the clouds in the sky - very few clouds in the sky but what were there were just a screaming across the pitch black overnight sky.

Still working out the details on that backback - will address it on about 14 days I promise.

AND........:cool1:
I am in the progress of reserving my spa departure day!!:thumbsup2
- LUV IT -
It is such a wonderful way to end any vacation adventure and am really looking forward to it. **YYEEAA!! **

ANYWHO -
Stepped on the weight scales this week and lo & behold....something wonderful happened.......

*** I FINALLY CROSSED A MAJOR THRESHOLD & INTO WONDERLAND ***

(pic of one of the movie props from the Disney movie, "Alice in Wonderland" March 2010)

I just stood there dumbfounded........I must have weighed myself for atleast 5-10 minutes....stepping on & then off the scale before I FINALLY realized -

**** I DID IT!! ***:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Now....what am I meaning my all this??:confused3

Can't say just yet but I promise to tell all in 9 more days during my "BIG REVEAL.":3dglasses

And speaking of "I did it!," here are

My weight loss totals ending week #17 = 4.1 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday November 18th)

1). Total overall weight lost = :wish90
PLUS 1.2 = :tinker: 91.2 pounds!!
- (got 14 more pounds to lose) -

2). MY Body Mass Index: Currently at 26.7:thumbsup2

AND

I can't even begin to tell ya how proud I feel to post my weight totals this week!!:cheer2:
But.......

Keep in mind that I feel my body is starting to slow down in relation to losing these last few pounds!!:headache:

S0 ------ HOPEFULLY I can lose atleast 3.5 by next 'weigh in'.:goodvibes
I am doing what I have been doing - just that I can tell my body feels like it is saying back to me, 'There's not much left to lose Dude!"

Speaking of bodies, my arms are starting to really take on some nice defination - same with my quads...

I now have muscles where I never knew muscles even existed!!:lmao:

**** THANK YOU ALI VINCENT ******:littleangel:

Now....if I could only meet her while I am in LA on December 31st
(I really really really owe her a lot for her inspiring me to get out there and LIVE BIG) - YYEEAA!!

Same with the LIVEWELL NETWORK's TV Program, "Motion."
(when I head out to either Muir Woods or Napa Valley on January 6th).

NOW -
as an extra BONUS......

- LADYBUG -paw:

** SHE IS NOW AT A 2.7 POUND WEIGHT LOSS **party:

I am so so so soooooo proud of her in regards of her weight loss journey as well as what we are doing together to not only lose weight but keep it off as well. She and I work well together as a team on all factors in relation to Living Big and be on the lookout for some pictures of us to be posted on this travel /weight loss blog in approx 10-14 more days -

as I have asked a neighbor of mine if she wouldn't mind taking some pictures of us in our front yard - she said ok. (YEEAAA!!!)

Had some of me taken 2 days ago and WOWZERS!!

Do I ever look different:cool2:
in comparison to that NYC / NBC Studios video of me (Sept 2012) I watched that very evening.:crazy2:

Yes, I do have my opinion about 'that video' :upsidedow

(the NBC Page picked 2 people out of the tour group to do an impromptu 'news & weather forcast')

but I will let my official before video speak for itself in relation to my after pictures that are being taken this month as well.

**** HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL ****
(Ladybug & I promise to behave all this week)

P.S.
:yay:** GO RUBEN & THE RED TEAM **:cheer2:

Until Next Wednesday -

&
Cheers

Ladybug was giving me shall we say, "issues.";)

Playing 'in-door' whiffle ball didn't work at 2:30am.
Playing 'in-door' fling & fetch" didn't work either and the weather outisde was frightfull..........
(rain, drizzle, fog, cold cold wind....you name it , it was occuring):crazy2:

Push came to shove and she did the 'shoving" so FINE!!;)
She 'got on' her Woolies & Booties
and I got on my Woolies
(okokokokokok.....no pics here outta respect for us dressing up like the Michelin tire Snowman!!):rotfl:

and--------
we went outside jogging,:goodvibes

SHE LUVED IT!!

Now I can breathe a sigh of relief as I was more concerned about her being comfortable in that kind of weather but HEY!! ** NO ISSUES **

SO GAME ON!!:thumbsup2

Now, AFTERWARDS was a DIFFERENT story!!
We both got in about about an hour and I warmed up her feet & body via a hand massage (little cold even with all that wool on)

ME??
I made sure we got in a little bit harder of a Cardio workout beforehand as I then afterwards made a beeline for a nice HOT cup of hot chocolate and chilled out with her curled up in my lap fast asleep while I caught an episode of Motion on the Live Well Network -

Soon the Hot chocolate took its effect on me:

(this is how I felt afterwards) :lmao:

We both caught a short "Dog-nap";) HEY....NO CATS ALLOWED!! LOL **....
...before we caught a mean breakfast later on in the am -

and with that, here are our weight loss totals for the week:

My weight loss totals ending week #18 = 3.1 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday November 25th)

PLUS 1.2 = :tinker: 94.3 pounds!!
- (got 11 more pounds to lose) -

2). MY Body Mass Index: Currently at 26.6:thumbsup2

AND

But.......

Keep in mind that I feel my body is starting to slow down in relation to losing these last few pounds!!:headache:

S0 ------ HOPEFULLY I can lose atleast 3.5 by next 'weigh in'.:goodvibes
I am doing what I have been doing - just that I can tell my body feels like it is saying back to me, 'There's not much left to lose Dude!"

NOW -
as an extra BONUS......

- LADYBUG -paw:

** SHE IS NOW AT A 2.9 POUND WEIGHT LOSS **party:

I am so so so soooooo proud of her in regards of her weight loss journey as well as what we are doing together to not only lose weight but keep it off as well. She and I work well together as a team on all factors in relation to Living Big and be on the lookout for some pictures of us to be posted on this travel /weight loss blog in approx 7-10 more days -

So, in good time and in bad, what keeps me motivated for this adventure??

(pic from the early years of LALA land; taken while @ WDW Hs - Jan 2012)

Can't wait to see LALA land!!:)
and speakling of LALA land,
approx 21 more days and the Disney Movie, "Saving Mr Banks" opens up in the States!!:goodvibes

(pic shot while at WDW HS - Jan 2012)

COMING UP:
FINALIZING PLANS FOR THIS ADVENTURE:woohoo:
(SPA retreat, optional tours.....I just got in the optional tours info via snail mail today - update tonight) -

&
Cheers

90 lbs!!! That's a whole person!

Well done and congrats to you and Ladybug.

Happy Thanksgiving.

90 lbs!!! That's a whole person!

Well done and congrats to you and Ladybug.

Happy Thanksgiving.

PPSSTT!!! ACTUALLY....my TOTAL weight loss equals 1/3 of my TOTAL weight.:scratchin
Will begin to reveal all in the next post below.:goodvibes

Ok....been a wild and crazy day today with me making a slew of phone calls but now that the dust is settling - here is what we have:

1) ** MUIR WOODS / SAUSALITO TOUR HAS NOW BEEN BOOKED!! **:woohoo:
(really looking forward to this on Monday January 6th)

2) ** SAME WITH RR PREZ LIBRARY TOUR **popcorn::
(will take pics & video where I can - I promise on Monday December 30th)
**** WHICH IS ALSO MY BIRTHDAY!! ****

3) my 2.5 hour spa retreat has also been booked as well for my Depature Day.
and for something that has caught me off guard (didn't know about this until just this morning)......

4) I have also booked a Group tour farewell dinner (Swiss Louis Restaurant @ Peir 39) on my last full day as well on Monday January 6th -:goodvibes

ALL THAT IS LEFT IS:
5) Purchase a Rose Bowl Parade ticket & round trip transpo to & from Parade & game...... this will be purchased Monday next week
(this is through VIP TOURS)

FYI -
-I have to go through VIP and not normally through YMT Vacations as VIP offers round trip transpo to & from the Parade & Game while YMT only offers transpo to & from the Parade. -

ALLRIGHTEE -
I think it's now TIME.:)

TIME FOR WHAT U SAY??:confused3

**TO BEGIN "THE BIG REVEAL"**
****.....part a.:goodvibes********

** HAPPY THANKSGIVING Y'ALL **

&
CHEERS

***** KINDA A LONG POST *****

Ok......so ya wanna know why I am such a Ruben Studdard fan??

Here goes nothing -:artist:
Well......it begins with me growing up in a family of 5; with me, my parents & my two older brothers.
and during that time, there was really no mention of such applicable words NOR behaviors coming from my Mother nor my Father about:

1) Portion control.
2) Serviing size when it came to either food or drink.

Now the other things I was able to understand on my own - 3) excercise and 4)eating / intaking fluids that would 5) fluctuate daily according to #3.

Problem was (unknown to me) was that without 1 & 2, I was 'dead in the water' and was destined if you will to constantly be approximately 45 pounds too heavy at any given time during my formative years.
So obviously, I was the 'last one picked' during school time recess, etc and that stung.:sad1:

You combined that with a Biological Father who with one hand eating a bowl of icecream OR drinking whiskey - would point his finger in my stomach and politically correctly state to me that , 'He is concerned about my weight," etc.:snooty:

Me, not really knowing what he was getting at, would go about my business totally oblivious to anything as what I was really needing at this time was a ROLE MODEL.
The ones I had in my life (my Parents) were IMHO approx 45-50 pounds also TOO FAT for their body height; thus I thought that what I was doing was acceptable.

So,
to get some traction in my teenage years,
I turned towards running but could never really make it turn for me professionally (personal best 26.2 miles in 4:40).:goodvibes

** HENCE the reason why I truely appreciate not only ALI Vincent:littleangel:
but also Greg Aiello & his brother for helping me to not only rediscover myself but to also believe once again in myself **

FLASH FORWARD now a few years ago & I was married.:rolleyes1
Made a huge mistake in marrying the wrong person &
VIOLA!!!!

STRESS weight of approximately 10 pounds during those 36 months.:headache:

THEN.............you combine that with the after effects of it (IMHO what I deem 60% uneccessary family melodrama) that adds 45 more unwanted pounds onto me and ...........

and............

You had me tipping the scales approx 18 months ago at IMO just a little over..........
304 pounds.
** I AM 6 FEET TALL **
(just imagine what my Body Mass was!!) ** YOUCH!! **

*** UGH!!! ****:upsidedow

Now while I feel that I should be patted on the back for broadcasting this (because I feel it IS NECESSARY to explain all & tell all so that others coming in behind me can feel motivated & inspired to get out and MOVE), I also feel that Al Roker is safe;) as the weather person for NBC's, "the Today show" as here is yours truely.......

in all his fat glory.......
from Sept 2012:

** take note of the racoon eyes look due to all the soda I was drinking **

and -

Here is part of 'that video' that was shot of me while up in NYC last year; courtesy of NBC's EXPERIENCE tour.

** DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Here are a few more pics to give you an idea of what was happening to only to me but to my inner self

1)
(Pic taken while at WDW, Oct 2010)

2)
Yes, I was having fun out in Ireland BUT WOWZERS!! ** I WAS FAT **

FYI -
YESYESYES.....I have ALL NEW vacation adventure clothes so LOOK-OUT!! WOO-HOO!!

ANYWHO -
During these last 5-7 years of so, I was having fun in life, not realizing that I was inavertently putting my life in real great danger put slowly putting on the pounds like this and -

I tell ya, I am sooooo appreciative and sooooo thankful not only for Ali & Greg but for others as well who has offered me support through all this as well; esp when it came to forgiving my Parents who did ZILCH in the department of teaching me proper health and nutritution.
Much less stress management, etc.

**I can't express enough that the 2nd greatest gift you can give a child is proper health and nutrition with the 1st being an education.:thumbsup2:**

Without either one, a child will grow into an adult that will IMHO make poor eating /drinking habits that will innocently haunt them for a very long time.
I am very appreciative that with everyone's help, this train wreck was stopped before it occured -
AND....

as an extra bonus -
I am now back on the right track to the game of life and look forward to every bend in every turn that life brings me as well as Ladybug.:tongue:

Who knows.... possibly a 5K could be in my future......:goodvibes

So I hope you now see why
I can easily empathize with Ruben (he is recently divorced as well) and I really hope that he recognizes that all the coaches out there at "the Ranch" have ALL of their best interests at heart and only want them to ALL succeed -

AS I DO 2.:goodvibes

that & he has a fantastic voice and how I wish I could meet him in person and tell him *** BELIEVE **:woohoo:
....and I know that weight will come off of him, etc.

ANYWHO -
So now ya flash forward to this year as I for whatever means, found a way to slim down by accident to approx 294 pounds heading into late July.

From a size 50 pants.....

Yes - I said size 50 pants:scared1:
(I feel my waist was actually 51 inches at that time)....

....to then a size 48 pants.:sick:

THEN -
fate steps in and I meet my tv angel on July 22nd 2013:

:littleangel:***** ALI VINCENT ****:littleangel:

UP NEXT:

"THE BIG REVEAL" - part b
(my 'after pictures') & my weight loss total for the week
...still working on getting Ladybug & I in a few pictures together - hope to be up soon as well.

P.S.
THANK YOU ALL FOR LISTENING:goodvibes

&
Cheers

With the Christmas holidays now approaching & my mind also now zeroing in on this upcoming SO CAL adventure, I thought I would take a small time out and say a short little holiday story of mine from the heart that is meant for a giggle.

Word of warning:
** DON'T "TRY THIS" AT HOME !! ** :laughing:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years ago, my Dad mailed to me my Christmas gift (from Michigan) and well....let's just say that it was ummmmmmmm nice but the word tacky would have been an understatement of the year.

Ok....I know he meant well but........:rolleyes1

He sent to me what looked like a wood carving of a oval shaped raised looking Donald Duck like meat platter......shelacked with some sort of a finish.
But the whole thing just looked like you could have placed it outside the entrance of a Tavern or bar in Colonial Philadelphia - advertising the establishment (I hope this gives a proper description of what that gaudy thing looked like).:scared1:

So...... me being the creative person that I am, decided to attend a local radio station's promotional after Christmas party called a "Regifting party."

.....and I bamboozled my wife partner to tag along with me.:rolleyes:

FYI: NEVER NEVER bring your maritial spouse along with you to a regifting party - GO ALONE.

That way you can pick out what Y-O-U want.:woohoo:
(I should have KNOWN our married was doomed from the start as we got married on HALLOWEEN NIGHT) -:eek:

I digress -

So, she and I went in to the local shopping mall and attended the event. I tell you what there were row after row of the most gaudy stuff I have ever seen! I dang near got just :sick:seeing these things!

From neon candles, pink Flamingos to Harley Davidson piggy banks....it was there!

No, wait a minute - I spied a Harley Davidson piggy bank! So I got to thinking.......:rolleyes1

Since the rules of the game was to put on the table what you were regifting.....one could pick up from the table a gift that you actually wanted.

So, with great pride - I showed the DJ's what gift I was giving back (the Donald Duck wood carving) and picked up what I thought woudl be just the ideal gift for a friend of ours....who just happens to like Harleys.

As I walked back to my beloved, I showed her my booty......just to have her give me a stern look as she points back to the umteen row after table row of regifted items and says, "Put that disgusting thing back!.".:headache:

I settled on some stationary for her (peace offering).;)

Long story short - we get home.

Later on that eveing, we were watching tv around 9:55pm.

THEN - "IT HAPPENED."popcorn::

The local news was about to come on. The tv announcer was giving a tease to lead into the 10pm news. It went something like this:

"Coming up next - a local radio station has a regifting party. Lot's attended. See what was regifted. your local news is next."

NOW MIND YOU, , this tv station is on the air on tv's in the WHOLE DANG STATE OF TEXAS ......and I have a brother who lives in Houston, Texas....popcorn::

And she has family locally....

Anywho -

The video of the 2 minute tease is what just dropped us to our knees.....

cuz.......

they had an establishing shot of the outide of the Shopping Mall (Grapevine, Texas).......

Then they did a quick cut to the food court (where the regifting party was held; thus showing the radio station & ALL the regifting tables)......

Then a did another quick cut to ALL the regifting tables.....

AND......

OF ALL THE TACKY REGIFTED GIFTS THEY COULD HAVE CHOSEN TO AIR ON STATE OF TEXAS WIDE TELEVISION..........

take a wild guess which one they chose to to cut to ??

And S-T-A-Y-E-D focused on for the WHOLE STATE OF TEXAS TO SEE??

:idea:
YUP - You guessed it!

That Donald Duck "Meat platter" thingee! (or atleast it looked like a meat platter... I really don't know to this day what it was).

I digress -

She & I looked at each other after what appeared to be about 2 minutes of video of that tv station showing our Donald Duck meat platter......

as we both did a great imitation of that kid from the "Home Alone" movies as we yelled something like "ACCKKKKKKKKKKK"!!!!!!! to each other while we held our hands to the sides of our face...just cringing in disbelief.

We both really hoped that both familes DIDN'T see that video clip......that played continously throughout the WHOLE DAY:3dglasses on that tv station.

Moral of the story??

1) NEVER TAKE your spouse to a regifting party.;)
2) be discreet when you regift:lmao: cuz if ya don't watch out....you may have to backpedal verablly back to the giver of the gift and or their offended families.....like a MIL OR FIL.:eek:

...and that would make you an ungiver of the attempted gifted gift as you tried to regift it and gifted an ungifted gift is ungift like if not discreet.:lmao:

3) and most importantly, tell your families who your favorite Disney character is cuz in my case......

MY FAV DISNEY CHARACTER IS - GOOFY.:goodvibes

P.S. Besides.....atleast I was able to keep the $25 shopping mall gift certificate for myself since I "gifted her" the stationary.....as I was singing Jeff Foxworthy's "12 Redneck Days of Christmas" (I participated in a fruit cake toss tossing it through a hole 50 feet away and won a gift certificate).:yay:

UP NEXT:

My objective social experiement.........:scratchin
visiting an area local Walmart to buy ONE THING (bleach).........on THANKSGIVING NIGHT (1st time visitor at a Walmart on a Holiday.......), my weight loss totals & me doing a positive double take on my Body Mass Index as I am now at 26.0, etc.
*** AND MY 'AFTER' PICTURES ***

CYA WEDNESDAY -
** T-MINUS 600 MORE HOURS.... **

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS YA'LL :earsboy:paw:

I'm still waiting for the big reveal part B.

And I'm :lmao: at your re-gifting thing. I had almost a similar thing. Someone gave me some Swarovski crystal that I didn't like. Took it to the shop in the mall to see if I could change it. Turns out that item was "old" and they no longer stocked it. So, they wouldn't change it and I put it back into the Swarovski bag. And I guess I was the recipient of a re-gifting item. ;)

As I was walking around the mall and I bumped into the person who gave it to me. They obviously recognised the bag but we just ignored it as we chatted. :lmao: Yeah. Note to self. Always take things out of the bag it was given in if you're looking to exchange something.

I'm still waiting for the big reveal part B.

And I'm :lmao: at your re-gifting thing. I had almost a similar thing. Someone gave me some Swarovski crystal that I didn't like. Took it to the shop in the mall to see if I could change it. Turns out that item was "old" and they no longer stocked it. So, they wouldn't change it and I put it back into the Swarovski bag. And I guess I was the recipient of a re-gifting item. ;)

As I was walking around the mall and I bumped into the person who gave it to me. They obviously recognised the bag but we just ignored it as we chatted. :lmao: Yeah. Note to self. Always take things out of the bag it was given in if you're looking to exchange something.

After much thought and careful consideration..........
and since RUBEN STUDDARD got booted off the Biggest Loser tv show.....:sad2:
I feel and believe that the "Biggest Loser" Unofficial winner of this years TV competition should be -

**LADYBUG **:goodvibes
So.....without further adieu -
here is her 'before' picture:
DSC04019.jpg

- (The detail is in the neck area IMHO) -

BUT WAIT!!

Now........
here is her 'after picture'

(please take note how I.....the photographer....was TRYING to get this rreeallllyyyy nice 'REGAL' picture of her and lo & behold.....lookee what is just to her left!!:scratchin.......IT'S A PIECE OF COTTON!! Looks like 1 of L.B.'s "TOYS" snuck into the picture!! - LOL)

Between that and as u can see by my recliner, how I wish I could utilize the services of one Ms. LISA QUINN.....:littleangel:
as in:
that's another one of the LIVEWELL NETWORK Tv shows I love to watch as well.
"Home With Lisa Quinn" on The Live Well Network - pretty neat show.

Why I would just wish I could enlist her help??
Cuz u can easily tell that L.B. has made short work of the left armrest of the recliner (among other things she has chewed around the house, etc). ** OUCH!!**

Ladybug.....always trying to chew apart or tear apart something as she is a very high active prey dog - this is why I have chew towels lying around her house everywhere to nibble on as it's keep her away from nibblin' on the furniture.:upsidedow
Nontheless, she is my Best Bud & I really really so appreciate her.

Here is another of her "after" picures:

(NOW check out her neck area....looks a whole lot smaller & more defined.:woohoo:

and -
here is a small blip about her just right when we get in from doing some cardio:

*** JUST DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Now the detail is all around her & I can feel & see a HUGE difference in her -
WHY U ASK??:confused3

Well....it's like this:

LADYBUG'S WEIGHT LOSS TOTALS:

WEIGHT AS OF LATE JULY 2013: 31.6 POUNDS.
HER WEIGHT AS OF THIS EVENING: 26.0 POUNDS!!:cheer2:

She has dropped 5.6 pounds and I have to tell ya, I am very very very proud of her and all that she has accomplished. SHe is such much more agile and full of energy and always "on the go" with a motion speed of FAST - which keeps me even more on my toes.

It's almost to the point that her new nickname is 'Jillian' ;)as she is always in my face wanting to do things and explore new worlds which is perfectly fine with me.

AND SPEAKING OF EXPLORING NEW WORLDS.............

I FINALLY made the time for a little bit of 'me' time and headed out to the something fun and whimisical the other day:

Especially this segment of the exhibit:
**SAN FRANCISCO**:cool2:

and -

Here is a small video on San Fran -

Other areas of interest:

The White House

How about New York City's 'Grand Central Station' -

** DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

Lest we forget -
*** THE TEXAS STATE FAIR ** (YEEAAAA!!)

**DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR MOUSE OVER THE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

ANYWHO -
The trains were so much of a delight to see as it gave me a MUCH NEEDED break from all the zaniness I have been experiencing these last few months at my place of work - even am thinking about headin' back there next week to where this exhibit is housed at (Northpark Mall) to see the movie, "The Book Thief."

Allrightee -
Now.....about my 'after pics.'

UP NEXT:
MY 'AFTER PICTURES'

T.T.F.N.:wave:
&
Cheers Ya'll

A few more pics & video from The Trains at Northpark Mall:

** DOUBLE LEFT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **

and -

and -

A very whimsical & cute adventure into the tiny world of toy trains - loved seeing the exhibit:

ANYWHO
Ok......MY TURN.:goodvibes
About my "after pics"......

My weight loss totals ending week #19 = 2.8 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday December 2nd)

PLUS 7.1 = :tinker: 97.1 pounds!!
- (got 7.9 more pounds to lose) -

2). MY Body Mass Index: Currently at 25.8:thumbsup2
(I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y cracked the elusive '25' section of the BMI chart!! - WOO-WOO!!)
(I WEIGH 190 POUNDS AND AM 6 FEET TALL)
PPsstttt!!!! That's 190 as of Wednesday December 4th.....which ya know what that means!!

**** I have now lost over 100 pounds!! **********************

But I don't wanna make this official until next week -

ANYWHO -

Total weight loss goal this week = upwards to 2.0 to 3.0 pounds.
AND

But....

I am doing what I have been doing - just that I can tell my body feeling that there just isn't a whole lot left to give.

REMEMBER MY "Before Pics?"
"BEFORE" July 2013

(pic taken Sept 2012)

** JUST DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **
FYI- The tour Guide picked 2 people outta the group for this & I am the 2nd one u will see on the video)

the above video was me 'attempting' to do an impromptu weather forcast while I was up in NYC last year....
Hmmm.....I do not think Mr Roker has any worries!! (LOL)

ANYWHO -
while I was in Ireland:

(HEY....LUV THE HAT!!)

When I was at WDW 2012

NOW.......
READY???
DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!

and -

(pic taken a week ago)

This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

1) my weight loss.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.:woohoo:

*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF OUR LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***

This has and will continue to be quite an amazing thrill for me as not only has my lifestyle changed but the way I look at life has changed as well.:cool2:
I am so appreciative of what life brings to both Ladybug & I every day as yes, be on the lookout for late February for her and I to begin.......

*** BICYCLE RIDING ***

STAY TUNED ON THIS as you will see us in pics doing this during my "MY ADVENTURES IN ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND" Trip report listed below in my signature

&

lastly -
Got the Rose Bowl Parade ticket and round trip Rose Bowl game transportation reserved through VIP Tours.com yesterday......
So all that's left now is to just kick back and enjoy the ride.popcorn::

I am sooooo "stoked" and looking forward to this adventure.:woohoo:
** 540 MORE HOURS **

UP NEXT:
Finishing packing my Suitcase for this upcoming advenuture & my weight loss totals ending week #20.popcorn::

&
Cheers Y'ALL

and -

(pic taken a week ago)

This adventure has been such fun & it still continues as I now have just under 3 and a half weeks to go & THANK GOSH I will be on a much needed adventure celebration as I haven't had the time to acknowledge:

1) my weight loss.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
2) me aggresively paying ahead on my home mortgage these last 12 months.:woohoo:

*** FROM A WAIST LINE OF 51 INCHES AROUND TO PRESENTLY 39-40 INCHES AROUND.....LUVIN' EVERY MINUTE OF OUR LIFESTYLE CHANGE ***

This has and will continue to be quite an amazing thrill for me as not only has my lifestyle changed but the way I look at life has changed as well.:cool2:
I am so appreciative of what life brings to both Ladybug & I every day as yes, be on the lookout for late February for her and I to begin.......

*** BICYCLE RIDING ***

STAY TUNED ON THIS as you will see us in pics doing this during my "MY ADVENTURES IN ENGLAND AND SCOTLAND" Trip report listed below in my signature

&

lastly -
Got the Rose Bowl Parade ticket and round trip Rose Bowl game transportation reserved through VIP Tours.com yesterday......
So all that's left now is to just kick back and enjoy the ride.popcorn::

I am sooooo "stoked" and looking forward to this adventure.:woohoo:
** 540 MORE HOURS **

UP NEXT:
Finishing packing my Suitcase for this upcoming advenuture & my weight loss totals ending week #20.popcorn::

&
Cheers Y'ALL

CONGRATULTIONS!!! You look great. :thumbsup2

What an amazing journey! You look fantastic and have every right to be so, so proud! I'm looking forward to reading all about your California adventure!! Enjoy!

What an amazing journey! You look fantastic and have every right to be so, so proud! I'm looking forward to reading all about your California adventure!! Enjoy!

Ahhhhh!! Ya made my day!!:goodvibes
I have 'officially' 7 more days to go and after that, I will be 100% in vacation mode!!:woohoo:

ANYWHO -----

So it's 3am Tuesday morning and what are L.B.paw:
& I doing??
Why, we were out & about in our backyard raking leaves and playing in the ice (really bad ice storm thru the DFW area last Friday thru Wed of this week):eek:
as we bagged up a few bags of leaves and such followed by a 'mean game' of Fling and Fetch and instead of using rocks.....We used ICICLES!!;)

Ladybug didn't at first know what to think but slowly she caught on and afterwards, I had 1/2 cup of hot cocoa and 1/2 a Gingerbread cookie while watching her play out in the backyard........in 23 degree weather.popcorn::

And speaking of wishing for warmer weather......
The 'fun' officailly begins on December 27th (the first of my two pre-days here in DFW)
as I will be spending my last full day together with Ladybug, etc
followed by a rather 'unique';) lunch out at a restaurant called "Magic Time Machine."........ya gotta take a WILD GUESS who I am going to choose as my Waiter!!:rolleyes1

Head back home, grab L.B. and get in a few laps walking around the neighborhood (1 lap around = 1/4 mile) and
From there - FINALLY! Gonna go home and FINALLY watch the Disney movie, "Monsters Univeristy.":goodvibes
(over some hot chocolate and two Gingerbread cookies) - YUM!!

THEN -
On Saturday, December 28th....
Remember my wine tasting out at Grapevine, Texas??popcorn::
Going to FINALLY begin to enjoy having some much needed "ME TIME" by

In the am on the 28th,
** After I drop off L.B. at her 'hotel,' I will be heading out to Grapevine Mills Mall for a .....desert of some sorts....where??? havent figures it out yet followed by playing some video games at their arcade -

Then gonna head out to their movies area and see the Disney Movie, "Saving Mr. Banks"
(scored a comp movie ticket courtesy of Visa Credit card rewards program)-
then boogy back on over to the Hilton DFW Lakes hotel by about 4:30pm and.......

** HERE IS WHERE I F-I-N-A-L-L-Y WILL ACKNOWLEDGE /CELEBRATE MY...**
weight loss achievements, etc by
HEADING OUT FOR SOME EVENING GROUP WINE TASTING /DINNER!! - YUM!!:thumbsup2
(same company I am going thru for this tour you will see on page one of this travel blog which is
Grapevine Wine Tours via their lunch group tour / wine tasting)
www.grapevinewinetours.com/

* Pics & Video where I can I promise *

THEN (WHAT? There's more??):confused3
head back to my work (Intercontinental Hotels Group) and crash there for a few hours and................
on Sunday December 29th -

** HEAD OUT TO THE AIRPORT**
and onward to SUNNY SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
(San Fran's high temp was 58 yeaterday!! - OH YYEEAA!!:banana:)

SPEAKIN' OF SO CAL -
Ok..........Michigan State Univertisty or Standard Univeristy in the Rose Bowl??
Who am I rooting for??

Hmmmmm......will let that one fly next week I promise.

& lastly as I almost forgot,
hey - I also got all my vacation adventure clothes all finalized and ready to put in my suitcase in about another 225 more hours.

Oh.....& on a different but upcoming topic I will cover in my London /Scotland travel blog........
I have been having fun looking at bicycle accessories this evening as I will be getting a bicycle in about 7 weeks.:yay:

Now onward to
MY WEIGHT LOSS TOTALS:

I NOW WEIGH 188 POUNDS.:woohoo:
(I wanted to be at 185 before I leave for SO CAL)

BUT.....I gotta suspend for a few weeks my weigh loss journey as I am anticipating a potential of gaining upwards to 10 pounds while on this adventure....then I will restart it up a week after I get back.:goodvibes

I mean hey, I work at a hotel very close by DFW airport and we have just been recently over-ran with inclement weather traveler issues, icy road conditions, me working A TON of hours the last 60 days due to a suborninate being off of maternity leave....she just returned yesterday FYI, now we have the upcoming Cotton Bowl, etc.....and I strongly feel I need some "ME TIME".....popcorn::

BUT -
No worries everyone - for I have bicycle fever on my mind and promise to return 100% to the land of Ali Vincent and Company when I return in early January.:goodvibes
(my target weight goal was to be 195 lbs with an additional 10 lbs off for vacation weight....go on vacation and if necessary - gain upwards to 10 back thus the net gain = 0)..........
**** I MEAN HEY........IT'S A VACATION ****

Then come back and lose upwards to those 10 pesky pounds in anticipation for my next adventure: LONDON & SCOTLAND.popcorn::

Besides, I love the new me and my lifestyle change is here to stay so please do not worry.:goodvibes

Right now,
I just strongly feel that it is now time to let the celebration begin!!:woohoo:

****************** 424 MORE HOURS ****************
:jumping1:

UP NEXT:
:woohoo:** DOING THE SINGLE DIGIT DANCE **:woohoo:

& CHEERS YA'LL

Mental note to self. Keep randomly coming back here to check on past posts. Kris back-updates and I need to back-read.

Love your pictures of the Miniature Trains!

Enjoy your wine tasting. :thumbsup2

Mental note to self. Keep randomly coming back here to check on past posts. Kris back-updates and I need to back-read.

Love your pictures of the Miniature Trains!

Enjoy your wine tasting. :thumbsup2

The trains were so much fun to see - the displays were very well put together.:goodvibes

and that wine tasting?? Really lookin' forward to it - same with what I did yesterday. Details below.popcorn::

ANYWHO -

(My Rose Bowl game ticket as I will be sitting on the HOME SIDE of the stadium hmmmmmmmmm.......
I wonder whom I will be rootin' for......):rolleyes1

HINT: THEIR CAMPUS SERVES WONDERFUL ICECREAM & IS KNOWN 4 IT.:goodvibes

Anywho....
IT'S BEGINNING TO HIT ME -

In approximately 236 more hours, I can leave all the silliness of everyday life and have TOTAL FUN!!:woohoo:

BUT.......the fun actually began yesterday as I went to:

to kick off the celebrations.......

....& tried for the very first time some:

The combination of the berries (forgot the name of the berries) with the berry butter just really made the whole crepes & meal ZING!! - LOVED THEM!! -:thumbsup2

I tell ya, losing all this weight has really really really brought me a whole new appreciation & respect for food.
the Wait Staff at IHOP were very nice and friendly and overall, my experience there just really helped to kick off my celebrations as .....

GUESS WHAT????:confused3

Afterwards, I boogied on over to BIKE WORLD and bought all my bicycle accessories that I am going to be needing when..........

(as part of my December 30th Birthday present from Me to Me);
:bday:

.....I pick up my NEW BICYCLE JANUARY 15th - :woohoo:
(pics forthcoming but don't know if they will be posted here or on my England / Scotland blog)
and while I was out and about in the City of Garland, Texas.....someone recognized me from DISBOARDS.COM and from seeing me out jogging with Ladybug all these evenings. ** TOO COOL **:goodvibes

Feels nice to see all my hard work is paying off - ** THANK YOU ALI VINCENT **:littleangel:

Yesterday was the most productive day I have had in the longest of time when it comes to "ME TIME" and the coolest part is it's only gonna get better.
and you are along for the ride.:thumbsup2

BUT........
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!:confused:

There is someone else who wants to send all of you a video message.......

DETAILS COMING UP NEXT WEDNESDAY -
along with my weight loss totals for the week as I am currently at 25.5 for a 'Body Mass index'.......
- (I am 6 feet tall) -

& Ladybug is now at 25.2 pounds!!
party:

UP NEXTpopcorn::

My 'review' of the Disney movie, "Saving Mr Banks' & other assorted silliness.:goodvibes

T.T.F.N.:santa:
& CHEERS Y'ALL

**** KINDA A LONG POST ****

YAY for the Rose Bowl ticket!

Never been to that stadium - looking forward to the experience esp the pre-game hospitality festivities.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -
I took these last 3 days off from work and it felt GREAT!!:woohoo:
Also,
had fun the other early am going out jogging with Ladybug..... in 36 degree FREAKIN :crazy2:weather and while passing this big pond (that recently filled up big time with rain run off from a nearby subdivision), I heard the splish splash of something hitting the water.
So I slowed down a bit to see what was all the comotion and yup, sure enough - it was ducks coming in for a rather icy & very cold water landing.:)

All of this also caught the attention of Ladybug :tongue:
and I will admit that I slowed down to a crawl having fun watching Ladybug keenly watching the birds - ALL IN THE DARK - as she was even going to the point of pacing back and forth trying ever which way to see if she could 'only somehow jump over the 12 foot wrought iron fencing' that was the only method of keeping those poor ol' ducks from being her dinner.popcorn::

Alas, no dice so on the jogged with her and I heading back home in no time and warming up over a small treat for her and me having 1/2 a cup of hot Cider and 1 Gingerbread cookie.:cloud9:
FYI -
- (both of us are maintaining our current weight but will get back to being the 'Biggest Losers' again starting January 12th 2014) -

Finally got the chance to see the Disney movie, "Saving Mr. Banks."

Here are the total box office receipts from this past weekend:
the weekend of 12/20/2013 Source: Rentrak
no. 1 The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
$31.5M Tickets Trailer
2. Anchorman 2
$26.8M Tickets Trailer
3. Frozen
$19.6M Tickets Trailer
4. American Hustle
$19.1M Tickets Trailer
5. Saving Mr. Banks
$9.3M Tickets Trailer

6. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
$8.8M Tickets Trailer
7. Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas
$8.4M Tickets Trailer

After seeing this movie, my reaction is ...............
and I feel rather strange saying this but.......

I felt very underwhelmed by the entire movie because I feel that this was an opportunity for the Disney Company to really make /authorize a classic that would stand the test of time; enstead I feel the re-telling was left so radically incomplete that going straight to dvd release (like Toy Story 3 was originally slated to be) is the route I feel this movie release should have experienced.:scratchin

Yes, It was nice to see the relationship of PL Travers (Emma Thompson) back to Walt (Tom Hanks), etc etc etc...... and yes, I feel that actor Paul Giamatti should win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor (IMHO, I feel that he stole the show in the movie), YET..........

Here are just but a few examples IMHO of ideas that could have been inserted into the movie, thus "Plussing it" from a 'MEH' movie at best and enstead morphing it into a Disney Classic:
1) they could have shown Walt's relationship back to the 9 Old Men - example - the struggle to get the Penguin scenes shot.

2) They could have shown the movie viewer the the process of them "filming" a scene or 2 from the movie - thus giving us the emotional feel of them beginning to put the look and feel of the movie together.

3) They could have shown some basic full or medium shots of the Disney Studios and or they could have also shown Walt walking down Dopey Drive.

4) They could have brought in some actual props from the movie - like the snow globe from the "Feed the Birds" scene.

5) They could have also shown Walt in his apartment.....say for instance working at his desk.....getting ideas for his next project.....then suddenly looks up and out the window as you the viewer sees Disneyland from his point of view. I mean, what a cool shot to see and have it used as a segue in between relevant scenes. ** JUST SAYING **

6) They could have ended the movie (just before the tape recorder scene started) with a still shot of Diane Disney Miller and placed at the bottom of the screen something like, "Dedicated to the memory of Diane Disney Miller." ** This was not done either **

** THE DIRECTOR MISSED A GOLDEN OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS ** ------ how sad ----:sad1:

Also, they could have "Pixar'ed" (since they own Pixar) the movie a little by say for instance opening up the movie with a brand new Disney cartoon.

And lastly, I feel that this movie should have been shot atleast 10-15 years earlier as what little Disney references were in the movie (Like when someone refered to Walt walking into the rehearsal room as "Bear Suit") went IMO straight over everyone's head as I feel that the Magic would have been there and it would have resonated with the audiuence more.

I mean,
I looked around the theatre during the "Let's Go Fly a Kite" song sequence and NO ONE was tapping their toes or swaying back and forth to the music or singin /mouthing the words to the song (or any other song from the movie) - how sad.
And yes, I will even go so far as saying that they could have also brought in Walt's personal imagination at work while this movie was being filmed, like for example - they could have shown him out in his barn and or riding the Lily Belle. Yes, this would have taken some imigination even to the point of CGI imagination but I feel with these kinds of qualities being added, YES.....then this film would be at the level of a Disney Classic from the late 1930's to the early 1950's.
Enstead, we have "Anchorman 2" and "American Hustle" beating this movie = OUCH!!

It is very rare to see a Disney dvd or film that shows the history of the company; enstead we are left to fidget over the "extras" section of many a Disney film dvd. Hence, I assumed that this film (they way is was being promoted) would to a stop to all this like the way the "Laughingplace.com" Disney dvds do (I like their dvd about the story behind the Disney trains or "Disneyland in the 50s'", or "Disneyland in the 1960's", "Disneyland in the 70's" & so on and who can forget the dvd that goes into the history of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion attraction ride? ** all these dvd's ROCK!! **

And I thought the same would be with Saving Mr Banks.
But -
IMHO, I am wrong.
So, I am left wondering if there will ever be a "Director's Cut" of this movie as I strongly feel soooooo much was left out of the storyline.:(
Perhaps I have been spoiled all these years by watching excellent Pixar movie production released movies as yes, there were some patches here and there of 'pleasant' scenes in Saving Mr Banks but overall I just felt underwhelmed by the Director's efforts to cull together one incredidble storyline that had so much potential that IMO just fell flat.

To digress, FLAT IT WASN'T as I sat next to the tour Guide on "Keys to the Kindgom tour" at WDW (see my October 2010 trip report listed below in my signature) during our HM tour and WOW!! I was totally blown away by how she told me everything & anything there was to know about that attraction and that is what I have come to expect from the Disney Company. Tour Guide Kate (I believe that's her first name) really made that attraction come alive yet the Director of Saving Mr Banks IMHO didn't when it came to the overall effect of the movie.

But again, I digress -

ANYWHO - overall still, it was an OK movie.:) - was nice to see .....my best guess.....Walt's limo and yes......my best guess...was nice to see the original Disneyland train as well.:goodvibes
The train scene was quick with so much to see - don't know if they showed the original pullcars from the train.:confused:

At the end of the movie -
was that actually Grauman's Chinese theatre or the one from WDW's Hollywood Studios??
Hmmmmm........ ok okokokokokok time for me to put away my claws.;)

ANYWHO -
Again, I stress, this is just my opinion as anyone here is more than welcomed to disagree.:goodvibes
(don't worry all - I just bought the movie audio cd soundtrack so all is not lost - the music to the movie ROCKS!!)
......that and a Cab Calloway cd......didn't know he used to play up at the Cotton Club.:cool2:

And speakin' of rocking, I did get to experience "movie dine-in" (I ordered a chicken wrap sandwhich = :thumbsup2:thumbsup2) at the Grapevine, Texas AMC Movie theatres that day I saw the 'Saving Mr Banks' movie.
Pretty fun experience as it def drives me away from the old standby AKA 'Popcorn & a drink.':goodvibes

Now, onward
to what's in store Wednesday ish as we seem to have someone else who is just wanting to jump in and have his say about what I am doing starting officially in 96 more hours.:thumbsup2

I am really tempted to head out to Magic Time Machine restaurant OR head out and see the "People of Middle Earth";) movie. Will know over the next few hours as my objective is to continue to celebrate my weight loss, etc.

Hmmmm......me thinks this uninvited Guest I have mentioned previously
wants his say as a warnin';) how I seem to turn vacations into adventures.......
Like hmmmm......will I find "Runyon Canyon??

From the Renaissance Hotel" Exit the hotel at Highland Ave and turn left. Turn left onto Franklin Avenue. Turn right onto Fuller Avenue and continue to Runyon Canyon..........Last time I was there (March 2010) I couldn't find it) ** DOH !!**:headache:

** VIDEO MESSAGE FROM 'HIM' FORTHCOMIN'!! **

UNTIL THEN -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.:santa:
&
CHEERS

:santa:JUST DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK W/YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO & IT WILL PLAY FOR U :santa:

But.....
The bewitchin' hour is now HERE!!:yay:

** ROADTRIP!! **:woohoo:

(pic shot while visiting the Trains at Northpark Mall a few days ago in DFW)

Even Snoopy & Woodstock are getting in on the act by telling me....

(pic shot while seeing the trains at Northpark Mall DFW; Dec 2013)

WEATHER FOR PASADENA CALIFORNIA For Wed
Jan 1st 2014::goodvibes

High Temp -76°
Low Temp -48°
Sunny skies:woohoo:
Chance of rain:
0%Wind:
NNE at 4 mph.

This will be the very first time I will be wearing pants while on a vacation as I am always a shorts & short sleeve kind of vacationer but hey, with all this weight loss and such, I wanna look nice.:goodvibes

1) Friday, it's a Subway sandwhich (luv their 6 inch turkey and ham on flatbread) while watching FINALLY the Disney movie, "Monsters Univeristy"

2) Saturday, gonna take in "The Hobbit" at my local AMC movie theatre followed by a stroll to the Mall's local Cinnabon World Famous Cinnamon Rolls store.....
www.cinnabon.com/location.aspx.......

BUT......
b 4 I check out their rolls I will be walking 4 laps around the Mall (1 lap = 1 mile):goodvibes

followed by
some Wine tasting through Grapevine Wine Tours
www.grapevinewinetours.com/........
(pics & video I promise):goodvibes

and then VIOLA!!
IT'S OFF TO DFW AIRPORT!!:thumbsup2

Now.....about this pesky uninvited Guest who has seemed to have made it onto this thread.....:confused3

He has a message for all of you who wanna proceed further reading and enjoying this Trip Report:;)

** DOUBLE RIGHT CLICK WITH YOUR COMPUTER MOUSE OVER THE ABOVE VIDEO MESSAGE & IT WILL PLAY 4 U **
Hmmmmmm.....I 'just wonder' who this person is....

UNTIL NEXT TIME -popcorn::

UP NEXT:
LEAVIN' FOR DFW AIRPORT

& CHEERS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter