My "ADVENTURES N SAN FRAN, ROSE BOWL (& PARADE)COASTAL CALIFORNIA TRIP REPRT" DEC'13

So Tuesday of this week, I decided to head out to my local area Walmart to buy some groceries and such and while there -

I decided to buy
for the very first time in my life....

SOME APPLES.:thumbsup2
(I am now switching out every other after meal dessert with an apple instead of a 90 calories "little something")

FYI: BUY THE WAY, which one are 'better for you?"
Red ones or green ones or does it really make a difference??:confused:

ANYWHO -

So here I am with my 6 green apples, two Lean Cuisine meals and such -
all ready to check out and I proceeded to do what I thought was right....

IE - scan each apple.

** NO **

DON'T DO THAT.:headache:

I proceeded to not only confuse the self check-out scanner machine
but I also apparently made that Walmart Reps day
who
had to school 'little ol' me'
on how to PROPERLY scan the apples.:lmao:

Which by the way.......
I am VERY PROUD to say;)
that I now know that you put all the apples in a plastic bag
and set it on top of the scanner that weighs it -
you then input into the machine what it is &
viola!!
It calculates the price for you.:goodvibes

** TOO COOL **:cool2:

So, between that & me FINALLY SOLVING the mystery about RUFFLES potoao chips and chocolate chip cookies, I now feel as if I have been shot outta cannon in relation to my weight loss adventures.:goodvibes
(which is a good thing)

Per se, here are my weight loss total ending week #9:

My weight loss totals ending week #9 = 4.6 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday September 23rd)

Total overall weight lost = ::wishfifty
PLUS 2.5 = 52.5 pounds!!party:

Total weight loss goal this week = upwards to 3.5 pounds.
AND

I can't even begin to tell ya how proud I feel to post my weight totals this week!!:cheer2:

It if such a relief to not only make this kind of a switch in my daily life
but to also have this much weight off my 'rear'!!:thumbsup2

Just makes me feel like dancing -

which is what L.B. :tongue:
& I did the other day while out at the park jogging & playing 'Fling & Fetch.'

She kept on trying to get the Frisbee outta my hand while I was dancing around to 'avoid her':goodvibes
(she has IMO a very impressive vertical leap)
while throwing it for her to chase.:woohoo:

Nice to see her catch on on how to retreive the frisbee.
just watching her watching me is so much fun to see -

kinda like a English sheepdog herding sheep.
only seen that once - ** WAY COOL. **:)

Speaking of her,
She is also doing muuccchhhhh better in the weight loss department.
After WEEKS & WEEKS of flat-lining, she has FINALLY lost one pound and is keeping it off.:grouphug:

Very proud of her.:cool1:

But on a different side of things -
About this SO CAL adventure of mine......

Here is a small blip of what I will be doing (courtesy of YMT Vacation's website)

"Now enjoy more time in the exciting "City of Angels," on this expanded itinerary featuring the same highlights as our original Rose Parade Tour and Coastal California Tour. You'll take a city tour and have the chance to see hand prints of famous stars at Grauman's Chinese Theatre as well as the Dolby Theatre, the home of the Academy Awards.
Next, get an insiders perspective of the famous parade when you attend an exclusive evening viewing of the magnificent, hand-decorated floats before watching the unforgettable spectacle of the 125th Tournament of Roses Parade from your personal grandstand seats. Continue on your way North along California's coastline to San Francisco. Your many breathtaking stops along the way, include: San Luis Obispo, Solvang, Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach, Big Sur and Monterey. End your exciting vacation in the heart of San Francisco for a city tour, including Alcatraz Island. This trip will be a sure highlight of 2014 and start your year off right!"

(It's their 10-day vacation adventure but I will be off from work 12 days) = MAJOR WOO-HOO!!!!

ANYWHO -
I spoke with YMT Vacations today & requested that they please put down in the comments section of my vacation info that I will be celebrating a few things:

1) my weight loss.
2) my birthday (December 30th).
3) Me pre-paying ahead on my home mortgage (been doing this very aggressively since Nov of last year).
4) The bond that has really taken off & blossomed between Ladybug & I.
5) and just life in general.

and I owe #1 & #4 all to Ali Vincent, the Live Well Network, and Ali's tv show - THANK YOU ALI:littleangel:

All 5 just made my day cuz yes, epxect each day I will be doing a little something to mark my celebrations.::yes::
(the optional tours I be be seeing will be R.R. Prez Library on day 2, China-town <but w/a different vendor> on day 8, possible spa retreat but where don't know where yet, and of course Napa Valley on day 9).

BUY HEY, WHO CAN'T FORGET THAT I AM ALSO GOING 2 THE ROSE BOWL PARADE & .....GAME (game tic bought seperately; not from YMT Vacations) - WOO-HOO!!

FYI ABOUT THE ROSE BOWL:
Vin Scully will usher in 2014 as grand marshal of the 125th Rose ... As part of his
duties, Scully will flip the coin before the 100th Rose Bowl game later that day. ...
The 2013 Rose Queen and Court are seen in the 124th Rose ...

ANYWHO -
Lastly, who can forget the following:
(from USA today):boat:

SAN FRANCISCO "Now that Oracle Team USA has improbably retained the 34th America's Cup, what can Larry Ellison & Co. do for an encore?

Oracle's billionaire bankroller has many questions to answer in the weeks ahead after his team, under the never-say-die skipper Jimmy Spithill, staged the greatest comeback in 162 years of the competition.

Trailing 8-1 a week ago, Oracle sailed away from Emirates Team New Zealand by 44 seconds on Wednesday to retain the Auld Mug, the oldest trophy in international sports, in a winner-take-all finale on San Francisco Bay.

The American-backed team won eight consecutive races to win 9-8 in the first-to-nine series.

But in the oddity that is America's Cup, Oracle, the defender, gets to more or less call the shots for the next edition in three years.

What venue? What class of boat?

Will organizers stay with a multihull configuration or return to monohulls of the past? If they go with multihulls, will they stick with soaring 7-ton yachts fastened with 131-foot carbon fiber sails or something less imposing?

One thing seems certain: The 35th Cup will aim to cut costs to encourage more participants."
************* WAY TO GO TEAM USA *****************************

ALRIGHTEE -

Been real. Gotta head off for now.

What fun & excitement am I in for this week??

- T-minus 95 more days -
STAY TUNED -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers:wave2:

(Me visiting the Jim Henson Studios; March 2010)

Okokok.... I thought since now more of the Muppets are now out on display at the Smithsonian, I would post this pic of me being 'accosted';)
by Leonard the Muppet.

ANYWHO -

thought I would share a quick weight loss story before my 'Official update' on Wednesday about this and other wacky topics -

So
as I was fixing my sandwich & chips this am, up walked Ladybugpaw:
& she wanted of course whatever I was eating.:upsidedow

I proceeded to acknowledge her while not FULLY paying attention to her since I was counting out my 11 chips and putting them in my plastic reusable container.

She - upset that she wasn't being paid FULL attention to PLUS she WANTING whatever I was eating, had her 'hands' on the kitchen countertop watching me.........

Now dummy me, not really paying all that much attention to her......:rolleyes1

Suddenly saw her
lifting up her left hand and coming down hard with it onto the kitchen counter & most importantly, the edge of the chip container!

Which of course sent the whole dang container spiraling beautifully end over end and crashing onto the floor - thus we had chips all over the floor.:crazy2:

She made a mad dash to them and had one in her mouth when I replied,

"Of course you know if you eat ONE MORE, you will spoil your dinner!!
.....and NO DINNER for YOU!!"
(of course I was shaking my index finger at her with a 'mean' look on my face)

She just looked at me as if I was:crazy2:,
hesitated for a bit......

LOOKED forlornly at the chips -
looked at me.......

LOOKED again at the rest of her ill-gotten booty......

wimpered:flower3:
& then barked at me, paused & then turned
trotting off to go find something else to chew on.:lmao:

BEAGLES !! GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!:goodvibes

ALLRIGHTEE - I have been thrown a weight loss challenge all last week & am ready to post my numbers..........on WEDNESDAY.

That and where to go to celebrate my weight loss totals & such while in LA.:goodvibes

UP NEXT:

OK......so where in the world can I find a chicken waffle while on this vacation adventure???? I want one.
(THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR WATCHING "FOOD RUSH" ON THE LIVE WELL NETWORK):thumbsup2

Details coming up on this & more plus my weight loss totals ending week #10.

T.T.F.N.:wave2:
& Cheers

(pic shot while visiting Hollywood for the first time, April 2010)

.....in just 89 more days!!:goodvibes

LOTS TO TALK ABOUT FROM THESE LAST 7 DAYS -
Hmmmmm.....just may have to check out their new menu as it seems as of Sept 2013, their name has changed to:

Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop

Meaning:
(from doing a Google search)
"The Disney Soda Fountain next to the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood, California will be transformed into the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop with an all-new Disney Studio Store.

Ghirardelli Chocolate Company announced the grand opening of its newest soda fountain and chocolate shop will be Friday, November 15th, joining The Walt Disney Studios El Capitan Theatre and Disney Studio Store on Hollywood Boulevard.

The El Capitan Theatre has always been about giving guests the ultimate entertainment experience. And now, with Ghirardelli, anextraordinary experience becomes even more unforgettable, said Lylle Breier, senior vice president, Worldwide Special Events for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. Families and movie lovers from all over can come to the El Capitan, see a great Disney movie, and enjoy a memorable, delicious after-movie treat. Were thrilled to welcome Ghirardelli Chocolate to Hollywood, and to unveil our new Disney Studio Store.

The shop will give moviegoers, visitors and locals a chance to experience Ghirardellis world-famous hot fudge sundaes, shakes, floats, and delicious assortment ofchocolates and beautifully wrapped gifts. Each guest will also enjoy a free sample of Ghirardelli Squares chocolate.

Ghirardelli Chocolate will partner with The Walt Disney Company to feature a specially created sundae treat for the opening of the new Disney animated movie Frozen this November. In future months, Ghirardelli Chocolate will create original ice cream sundaes for select film releases, providing El Capitan moviegoers with a unique Ghirardelli experience.

In continuing with this partnership, the new soda fountain and chocolate shop joins the existing Disney Studio Store which offers an assortment of classic Disney character souvenirs, merchandise from current film releases playing at El Capitan Theatre, highly sought after collectible pins, and a large selection of Blu-Ray and DVD home entertainment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: When asked how different the location will be when it re-opens in November, Ghirardelli Senior Marketing Manager Kym Hough replied, The entire look will change and the menu will be our classic Ghirardelli Soda Fountain menu. We will be offering the pin with any sundae from our menu and we will continue the pin releases. We will be working very closely with Disney to continue the wonderful traditions that the public has grown to love.

The existing Disney Soda Fountain will close on September 29th, reopening November 15 as the new Ghirardelli location.

In the meantime, the Disney Studio Store will continue pin releases and pin events at El Capitan Theatre.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ANYWHO -

HHmmmmmm......Ok - I will give this change a good try and will have fun posting my review. popcorn::
(plus I had better bring my Disney Gift cards w/me on that day;))

(Inside the Disney Soda Shoppe; April 2010)

And I tell ya, my pores were opening up BIG TIME all last week as I was thrown a weight loss challenge by someone on this website!!:)

I met this unique challenge by stepping it up one notch by jogging now at a medium pace all throughout our jogging......

AND -

increasing my lifting weights 10 pounds.:woohoo:

Decided also to 'sneak in";)
some paper towels in my shorts pocket & use them as a sweat towel.....
and thank Gosh Ladybug was too busy doing something else to not notice.:scratchin

Continued to limit myself to 10-12 chips whenever I would have a meal that involved me having chips -

Continued to substitute wherever I could when I would cook -
even had to change up a few things in relation to my overall caloric intake as I am now burning a lot of calories.:thumbsup2
(I love green apples now) -

AND.........

Am VERY PROUD TO SAY
that here are

My weight loss totals ending week #10 = 5.9 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday September 30th)

Total overall weight lost = ::wishfiftyparty:
PLUS 8.4 = :tinker: 58.4 pounds!!

AND

I can't even begin to tell ya how proud I feel to post my weight totals this week!!:cheer2:

Now......
I do stress that this was for ONE WEEK ONLY!
Per se, my opening up my body and seeing what & where I could take it while being aware of my overal daily caloric intake.

EX: We had fun one early morning last week as Ladybug spotted a rabbit and went after it BIG TIME with us SPRINTING UP "FREAKIN" HILL!!!!!

and the strangest part??

I didn't feel winded!!:cool2:

Moreover,
I do feel now a WHOLE LOT BETTER about my Body Mass Index & my overall physical appearance but again, it was fun it was nice but I am choosing to go back to my usual pace of a slow to slow to medium pace jog, etc (becuz I don't wanna lose weight too fast is the reason).

ANYWHO -

NOW ABOUT DEM 'CHICKEN WAFFLES'......;)

I am beginning to see that there should NOT be a problem with me finding (or in this case, DEM finding me!;)) a good thrown down of some much desired CHICKEN WAFFLES while on this upcoming adventure of mine.:lovestruc

What can I say?? Saw those on the 'Food Rush' tv show (with Ryan Scott ) a few months back & well........just gotta have one!!:goodvibes

So be on the lookout for yours truely to be on the hunt for one of those in ........"2,340 more hours".:lmao:

ANYWHO -
Had 'way too much' fun yesterday am trimming trees (in my back yard) with Ladybug paw:
of course playing my trusty assistant - trying to eat the freshly cut branches.

I tried to explain to her that they needed to go by the curbside for recycling but she WANTED to play tug of war with them!:upsidedow

** GO FIGURE **

Things are about to pick up even more for me at work so keep me in your thoughts over these next few weeks.....
EX: Comic Con is this weekend.
Next weekend is TX vs OU

and.....a worker at our hotel is now on maternity leave.

Normally when this occurs, I have been lucky these past few times and have been on vacation......

AH WELL - only 2,340 more hours & I WILL be on vacation.:woohoo:

UP NEXT:
Just how much room now do I have in my 26 inch suitcase now that I am almost 60 pounds lighter??:scratchin
(normally my suitcase weights at 38-41 pounds on the way up & approx 44 pounds on the way back from a vacation) -

and

my weight loss totals for ending week#11.

T.T.F.N.
&
Cheers:wave:

(Stitch & I looking 'veerryyy' serious)

Ok -------the above picture is just a small.....
nay -;)

just a 'smidgen' of a preview of the new me:thumbsup2

and usually I only blog once a week but I seem to have started a trend at where I work.:yay:

Not only was I the talk of the office yesterday, but it seems that there are two people (high up) who are now strongly desiring to also lose weight and keep it off.:thumbsup2

People were taking pictures of me......
Others were trying to 'find' dates for me......

It was surreal.:goodvibes

AND SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!:woohoo:

LOVE IT - LOVE IT - I LOVE THE NEW ME!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes

Ok.....just HaD to get that one out.;)

Lovin' every minute of the new me & can't wait to visit the Rose Bowl come January 1st.

Until next Wednesday.popcorn::

Q: Ok.....So which came first......the chicken or the waffle??:laughing:

I received a nice reply back from the Food Rush tv show (that's on the Live Well Network) on their suggestions on finding that great chicken waffle while visiting the San Francisco area- which is good since for some dang reason, I just wanna try some.:goodvibes

Never tasted that combo together & just wanna try something different.
So a big THANK YOU to the cast & crew of FOOD RUSH for helping me see where to definatively find that perfect batch of chicken waffles.:thanks:

Kinda like went I went to Hawaii a few years ago & tried some chocolate covered...........Icka.

*** NOW THAT WAS AN EXPERIENCE **;)

But have no fear everyone about me - a Foodie at heart - going off on this adventure completely unhinged when it comes of food & drink.....

For ya see, in about a 6 weeks, I am going to begin to lose weight for this upcoming adventure (approx 10-12 pounds) that I know and understand that I 'may' put back on while enjoying the sights & sounds of SO CAL.:)

THEN - come January, I will finish losing that weight and seriously begin thinking about losing whatever else weight I want off (that I can't finish losing by then) - then begin my aftercare lifestyle if ya will of all what I am doing .........

as I inch closer and closer to leaving for Great Britain come August.popcorn::
(trip report / blog listed below to those of you who would like to continue 2 follow along w/the adventures of yours truely)

So there is my approximate timeline on what yours truely will be up to these next few months.

But.........
about that pesky subject of my weight loss totals::crazy2:

Am VERY PROUD TO SAY
that here are

My weight loss totals ending week #11 = 4.8 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday October 7th)

Total overall weight lost = :wishsixty
PLUS 3.4 = :tinker: 63.2 pounds!!

AND

ANYWHO -
Now at around 3am Tuesday of this week, Ladybug & I got quite an experience while we were jogging by a creek.:confused3

It was pitch black outside with a crytsal clear morning sky with all the stars shining ever so brightly against a 1/2 moon.

As we were jogging by the thickly wooded area that leads to a creek, L.B.paw:
& I heard this Gosh awful LOUD.....and we mean LOUD RUSTLING sound coming from the bushes!!:scared1:

I felt the hair standing up on the back of my neck but I didn't let Ladybug know - I just froze trying hard to see what /who was making that racket but with no luck.

I looked over at Ladybug who 'like me'
also had one paw up and tail up as well - just frozen also like a statue.

We stood like that for what seemed like an hour (actually about 5 minutes) before I decided to let out a yell that would have woken up the dead -
and
she followed suit as we "argued" our way past this thing that we couldn't see but we made our way past the creek with BOTH of us turing around ever so often to make sure we were not being followed - (yes we have been followed b 4 by creatures of the night hence one of the many reasons why I always jog with our "attitude adjustment" steel pole but this one was different cuz we couldn't see it) - as we finished the cardio portion of our workout with no other issues.:upsidedow

And speaking of having no issues, I chose to go back (from last week) and continue to lift 35 pounds on my "old school" universal weight machine (the only thing that it can't do is bench & leg press). IMO, to go from 25 to 35 and then back to 25 is just too jarring on my body.
Besides, now the extra poundage is helping me tone up my stomach area.:goodvibes

Now -
onto the wacky world of college football
:

Too many teams at 5-0 so really can't tell who is gonna be in it. One things 4 sure, and that is that I am really looking forward to the pre-game Hospitality festivities as I figure I will have about 2 hrs there before I need to make it back to my seat.

And to think, just heard on the radio that the Notre Dame Fighting Irish team used to be called the Notre Dame Catholics.....then they changed it to the Notre Dame Ramblers followed by the Notre Dame Fighting Irish name change in 1927.

NOW THAT'S DIFFERENT.

And lastly,
looked at my 26 inch suitcase the other day and began to move some things around in it and YUP, I anticipate having more room in it now that I have lost weight.:cool1:

All right - very busy down here in the Big D but keeping it real.

....Ladybug :tongue:
& I had fun jogging 3am Tuesday -
in a light rain / mist.

AT 52 degrees with a clear sky.:goodvibes

DIFFERENT, but fun because all the stars were out and Ladybug FINALLY realized 'that thing' sitting ontop of my head was NOT a Muscrat and wasn't out to do me harm (it was a stocking cap;)) but was there for a reason along with with me also wearing bicycle gloves - it was really one enjoyable 75 minutes of fun.:thumbsup2

The highlight of this was hearing the ever so soft landing of our feet onto the wet pavement - that's all we heard as the critters of the woods had to have been ALL asleep that morning.

And afterwards
while we were finishing up our core workout, Ladybug & I went back inside our home with her curled up on my lap (nibbling on her chew toy) and me nibbling on a cup of hot cocoa WITH one......

one malted ball (10 calories) while we both took in one of our fav tv shows ('Motion') which is also on the Live Well Network.

But.....there's just 'one catch':;)

To put L.B. & I in the mood for this program, I slid open the sliding glass doors to the living room & had the screen doors in their place while we were BOTH under the protection of a big ol' sleeping bag.:p

Not only is that a 'cool' program to watch but the Host of the show (Greg Aiello) really shows what getting back to nature is all about.:thanks:

Tuesdays show was all about Denali National Park in Alaska and

** WOWZERS!! **

I have always have had a hankering to go to Alaska ONE DAY (I am initially thinking through Disney Cruise Lines) but through watching that program.......
I AM NOW HOOKED ON ALASKA!!:goodvibes

So, be on the lookout for me to make a serious run at Alaska after I make this below listed idea of mine be turned into a reality:
(from my posting #71 from this blog)

"One thing lead to another & finally - VIOLA!!
Something else popped up that grabbed my attention that solved my rather juicy delima.

Something that's 'like' a rail journey; but different.....popcorn::

And it is:
Napa Valley Railway Inn
www.napavalleyrailwayinn.com/

So, that lead me back to thinking seriously about making a run at
doing the Viator.com's "Jail & Sail" sailboat excursion while out on the San Fran bay
but -

What about
I thought of something even better to add to all of this

What about a hot air baloon ride over Napa Valley?? How about seeing the Silverado Winery & visit/ do wine & food tastings @ 3-4 wineries daily ??
YES!!:thumbsup2

AND how about seeing the Walt Disney Family museum
AND

taking a bicycling tour over the Golden Gate bridge???:goodvibes
(I watched a dvd on her the other day & had NO IDEA she is 1.7 miles long)

AND......
(what?? there's more?? ;))

YES....also be on the lookout for me to be taking a 'little ride' of sorts.....
:woohoo:**ON THE NAPA VALLEY WINE TRAIN **:cool1:

So
all of this is a yes for me (December 2015:santa:) as I plan of combining it with a spa retreat somewhere in Napa Valley-

as I enjoy renting a car for the very first time while on vacation.:upsidedow
(I am lookiing at 3nghts/4 days in San Fran & then 3/nghts 4 days in Nappa Valley

Be on the lookout for to get this adventure blog of mine up & started by the time my DISneyland travel documents are mailed to me.:goodvibes

- (they will be mailed out Oct 2014) -

ANYWHO -
So, what I am trying to babble on about is YES, THANK YOU Greg & the 'Motion' tv show crew for finally getting me off my rear end and into the Alaska area.....slated for Summer 2016 for yours truely.:)

That & if I had the opportunity for two wishes of mine to come true, it would be:

1) Meet Ali Vincent (from the Live Well Network tv show, "Live Big With Ali Vincent") while out in LA on Dec 30th, 31st or the 1st of January & brieflly let her know THANK YOU.
2) Be a Guest hiker or in the group of Guest Hikers on the "Motion" tv show.

ANWYHO -

But.........
about that pesky subject of my weight loss totals::crazy2:

Am VERY PROUD TO SAY
that here are

My weight loss totals ending week #12 = 4.9 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday October 14th)

Total overall weight lost = :wishsixty
PLUS 8.1 = :tinker: 68.1 pounds!!

AND

BESIDES.......

I have now dropped ANOTHER pants size!!:dancer:

It really feels nice to be doing this as I also feel less obsessive about that "evil & dreaded" weight scale and really look more now at what I am doing as now part of my everyday life.

I mean, to do things now that I have NEVER dreamed of doing (SKY DIVING ANYONE??) is just wonderful to think of the possibilities!! Yes, I am zip-lining over my birthday next December while out on Catalina Island so hey - ya just never know what I just may have up my sleeve when it comes to having FUN & enjoying life.

And lastly, speaking of having fun -
I am going to make a serious run at being off work for 3 days in about 3 weeks!!

keep yer fingers crossed if it happens.

WHY??

I would love to take a small break from all this just running at break neck speed in the game of life and just momentarily pause and CELEBRATE all what I have accomplished this year - which has been a lot.

**POSIBLE (evening) GROUP WINE TASTING OUT AT GRAPEVINE, TEXAS **
Mabey a dinner somewhere followed by a movie OUT AT A MOVIE THEATRE??????

STAY TUNED -

CYA NEXT WEEK -

T.T.F.N.:wave:
& Cheers

1.https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd....71/1381939_10151759538158382_1213932730_n.jpg
(A picture of Maria Kang)

WHAT'S MY EXCUSE? - NONE BECAUSE I HAVE LOST NOW 70 POUNDS AND LOOKING TO LOSE 35 MORE. SO TO 'SUPER FIT MOM' I SAY KUDOS TO YOU AND TO THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO READ MORE ABOUT MY ONGOING WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY, FEEL FREE TO READ POSTING #68 FORWARD ON MY BELOW LISTED TRAVEL / WEIGHT LOSS BLOG: **KRIS** DALLAS, TX**
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2875727&referrerid=208040

Here is IMO some inspiration from her FB page as well:
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q72/s720x720/1231463_647632458601046_1935270932_n.jpg
(click the + zoom on your computer mouse to enlarge to fully see this)

ANYWHO &
ALLRIGHTEEEE -

CYA NEXT WEDNESDAY -popcorn::

T.T.F.N.

**** DON'T BE FRIGHTENED !! ****

Cuz......LOOKOUT RUEBEN STUDDARD!!!! YOU MAY JUST HAVE SOME SERIOUS COMPETITION FROM "LADYBUG"!!
(He is appearing on this NBC tv season's show called "The Biggest Loser" & yes, I hope he wins)

I am thinking that since I am having so much success in losing weight & having fun at the same time in my lifestyle change, I thought I would break the tempo of this pre-trip report a bit and update everyone on how she & I are doing:

It hasn't come easy but I am very proud to announce:

1) I have now lost 75 pounds since July 24th 2013!:woohoo:
(but I am getting ahead of myself as I desire to post weight loss totals thru Monday of each week....)

2)) I have dropped 7 inches off my waistline!:woohoo:
3) I am now NO LONGER considered obese in regards to my BMI!:woohoo:
4) My current BMI? = 28.9!!:woohoo:
5) My blood pressure has dropped from "W.T.F.??" to normal!!:woohoo:
6) I have dropped now 3 pants sizes!!:woohoo:
(I was temporarily in my original pants size (for about a year) I just saw yesterday & **WOWZERS!*** WAS I EVER FAT!!)

7) PSSTT!!!!!! I still have 30 more to lose so............

and best of all.......

Ladybugpaw:
(my 2 yr old female Blue-Tick Beagle) has also lost.......

wait for it.......
wait for it.........

NOW!!

ONE POINT 6 POUNDS!!:woohoo:

And mind you, she is having to work really hard to remain on the scale (without falling off she is so long) while she is being weighed.

When I saw her weight last night, I got on one knee and gave her the biggest hug EVER!!!:goodvibes

I was so happy so just
cried and cried with her turning around and licking the tears that were just streaming down my face.

This has been such a journey for the both of us and to see all the changes that we have both have undergone have been so wonderful, enriching and very rewarding to see.:yay:

To have experienced all the highs and lows with Ladybug has made it all worthwhile and I just really really feel that I owe it all to
1). Ms. Ali Vincent and her tv show, "Live Big With Ali Vincent" (on the Live Well Network).:littleangel:

AS WELL AS
2). Mr. Greg Aiello and the crew of the tv show, "Motion" (also on the Live Well Network
).
- (I love watching their tv programs) -

&

3) Maria Kang.
SO much so that I have decided to change up a few things in relation to this upcoming adventure of mine.:confused3

But first, my weight loss totals &
I am VERY PROUD TO SAY
that here are

My weight loss totals ending week #13 = 5.0 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday October 21st)

Total overall weight lost = :wishseventy
PLUS 3.1 = :tinker: 73.1 pounds!!

AND

There is still so much more to explore on this topic - so much in fact that I am projecting that I will drop approx. 20 more pounds before I need to temporarily suspend this journey..........

WHAT YOU SAY??????!!!!:confused3

Well......the reason is I am thinking that I will be so deliciously close;)
in these next 60 days to dropping yet again another pants size...... which is good .....

BUT........

That would mean that I would have to DOUBLE PACK clothes for my adventure in SO CAL.....which is bad!!:headache:

SO, I am thinking....or should I say assuming that that would mean that around December 10th area is the approx. time frame I would have to suspend this.....go on my vacation - then come back and finish where I left off (cuz I am also projecting I will be gaining about 10 pounds while on this adventure).
Hence the reason why I am thinking I am going to have to suspend for 2 weeks what I am doing.

AGAIN, all of this is just a guess.

BUT HEY - what about these changes you are making to this adventure of yours??

DETAILS COMING UPpopcorn::

UP NEXT: HAVING FUN NOV 14th-17th - (to do a little bit of celebrating of my weight loss journey, paying ahead of my mortgage and knowing now that my health insurance premiums are now lower, etc), - and just what I am going to be doing ??:3dglasses

P.S.
Thank you all for listening as I hope my journey is inspiring some of you to also get out there and discover life and Mother Nature.:goodvibes

And
lastly, of course - lest I forget
where would I be without my jogging / workout partner and just all the way around....my best friend...

Ms LADYBUG XXXII.paw:

&
Cheers

......that FINALLY!!

F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!:idea:

An idea has popped into my head about what to do with all what I have been accomplishing these past 10 months or so.

From to what I have posted on this pre-trip report to:

1) that one particular hill I talked about earlier?? Well Ladybug & I (as of this week forward) are jogging up it at its most steepest part - which means I am jogging leaning my body FORWARD.

2) This week, I have been lifting 45 pounds - (when it comes to the last 30 reps I do on our universal weight machine) - on the lat pull downs & I tell ya what!!
That 45 lbs is just kicking my rear!! But I vow to contine lifting that weight & slowly incorporating it into my overall Core workout.

** And I hear exactly what Ali Vincent avocates - which is to CELEBRATE your milestone achievements.:cool2: **

So, with much thought and a slight delay but LONG OVERDUE delay -:idea:

I have found the time from my work to head out for some much needed "R & R" Thurs November 14th for 4 and a half days!!:cool1:

So - looks like I will be doing just that on that Thursday -
(gonna throw myself in a hot bubblebath folowed by a mani-pedi for both L.B. & I)
BUT......

on that Friday Nov 15th,
I will be heading out to celebrate all of the above by going to the Cavanaugh Flight Museum followed by a rather 'unique';) lunch out at a restaurant called "Magic Time Machine."........ya gotta take a WILD GUESS who I am going to choose as my Waiter!!:rolleyes1

(Both of these places are in Addison, Texas) - I promise to take pictures & viddeo where I can.:goodvibes

From there - FINALLY! Gonna go home and FINALLY watch the Disney movie, "Monsters Univeristy.":goodvibes

Saturday?? Nov 16th
Gonna head out to Grapevine Mills Mall for a .....desert of some sorts....where??? havent figures it out yet followed by playing some video games at their arcade -

head out to the local Hilton Hotel - update my blog and then viola!!

Celebrate my weight loss achievements, etc by
HEADING OUT FOR SOME EVENING GROUP WINE TASTING /DINNER!! - YUM!!:thumbsup2
(same company I am going thru for this tour you will see on page one of this travel blog which is
Grapevine Wine Tours via their lunch group tour / wine tasting)
www.grapevinewinetours.com/

* Pics & Video where I can I promise *

Sunday Nov 17th??
Now Sunday?

as with all days that I have off from work, I spend the time (twice daily) getting in some excellent cardio & core workouts and this day will no different but with a slight twist.....

in addition to the above, L.B. & I will also be playing a mean game of "Fling & Fetch" followed by a nice 90 minute fast paced walk out at Duck Creek Park followed by her and I finishing off this nice 4 day 'R&R' by whipping up a nice big ol' batch of Cajun Jambalaya in the kitchen w/her of course playing my trusty sidekick 'assistant'.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -
But what about those last minute changes I have decided to make in relation to my January 9th out in SO CAL??:confused3
(and for this, I have Greg Aielo & the cast/crew of 'Motion' to thank):thumbsup2

DETAILS COMING UP -

UP NEXT:
Last minute changes I am choosing to make on my upcoming SO CAL adventure.popcorn::

P.S.
and oh don't worry - I will be doing PLENTY of celebrating when I hit SO CAL.... in 1,960 more hours.;)

WHY?
Because
- just remember .......what happens in SO CAL -

Stays on the internet!!:lmao:

&
Cheers

At the very beginning of my weight loss journey, I 'was so fat";)

OK.....on the count of 3!!

1...........;)
2......................;)

THREE!!;)

HOW FAT WERE YOU??:scratchin

I was so fat that when I first stepped on the weight scale, I had to lean to the right of the scale - just to see the numbers on the scale!!:crazy2:
(FYI - now I can put my feet together and see my toes WITH NO ISSUE!! And I can 'ALMOST" touch my toes in that position as well!!):cool1:

AND -

since the numbers kept on jumping up and down and wouldn't stop at a any certain number, so I had to put my right hand on the dining room wall JUST to keep the numbers from jumping around!

Little did I realize that later on when I didn't have to do this -
and
I removed my hand from the wall.......

I GAINED 4 pounds since by me doing all of this, I was actually weighing less on the scale IN ERROR!!!:headache:

**** DOH !! ****

Ah well -

But I have better news to say this week -:goodvibes
I am VERY PROUD TO SAY
that here are

My weight loss totals ending week #14 = 4.0 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday October 28st)

Total overall weight lost = :wishseventy
PLUS 7.1 = :tinker: 77.1 pounds!!
- (got 28 more pounds to lose) -

MY BMI: Currently at 28.4:thumbsup2

AND

Even went out today & bought me a size smaller pair or running / jogging shorts - NOW THAT FELT GOOD!!
Just stinks that I can't find regular shorts to buy this time of year - but again feel that I really need to pick this topic up come around February ish but hey, again that's just a guess because I am losing this weight with no major issues; medical or otherwise.:goodvibes

NOW -
as an extra BONUS......

- LADYBUG -paw:

** SHE IS NOW AT A 1.9 POUND WEIGHT LOSS **party:

I am so so so soooooo proud of her in regards of her weight loss journey as well as what we are doing together to not only lose weight but keep it off as well.

She is a prey / high active Dog who knows a little bit about agility drills and I feel so blessed to have someone like her be a part of my life.:goodvibes

ANYWHO-
NOW ONTO JANUARY 9th & what I plan on doing:

Ok.....I have this upcoming 10-day SO CAL adventure booked through YMT Vacations.com and they will be having their optional tours part of this opening up in about 4 weeks and two such options that they have is on DAY 9 of this which is:

Choose either 1) day tour of Napa / Sonoma Valley.
2) tour Sausalito (giant Sequoia trees, etc) & Muir Woods.

Not at first, I was all in to book Napa Valley as I have never been there and thought I would make a nice way to end what I anticipate will be a very nice vacation adventure (possible spa retreat on departure day I don't know yet).

*** BUT ***:scratchin

With all this weight I am losing via my lifestyle change, etc.......

All that has got me a thinkin'.......

SO I have decided to opt in for the tour of Sausalito & Muir Woods.:thumbsup2
(should this book up, then I will opt in for the tour of Napa).

* NOW KEEP IN MIND THAT DEC '15 I WILL BE TAKING A 3 NGHT /4 DAY VACATION INTO S.F (TO SEE WALT DISNEY FAMILY MUSEUM) FOLLOWED BY 3 NGHT /4 DAY STAY AT NAPA VALLEY ANYWAY; HENCE THE REASON FOR MY DECISION *

I don't know what to expect from this as it is going to be a group tour of these two places but I do know that it gets me out into Mother Nature and I get to see trees that are bound to just amaze me as I will be a first time visitor into the area.

- (my definition of a big tree is what I have in my front yard at home.....
a tree that is 4.5 feet in diameter and 95 feet tall) -

Now, YYEESSSSSS, it would be nice if the "Motion tv crew" could be my Guide that day (or as part of a group)......but ah well - I am thinking that is just gonna have to remain as a dream.:sad:

And of course the other dream of mine is that how I wish that I could meet Ali Vincent while on this adventure - to me that would just be the 'icing on the cake' of what I feel is going to be a wonderful time out there in SO CAL.

I will get over it, I promise.

Besides.........
I can 'assure' all of you that YeS.........

I will be doing my 'fair share' of making sure that all California wines
meet 'the standards' of this Texan.;)
as I plan of doing a lot of wine tasting ALL THROUGHOUT this 10-day adventure.

That is, if Kathy Lee and Hoda don't beat me to it first!!:rotfl:

and with that, I am counting down the minutes........
until I have fun doing some much needed R&R -

The pre-fun begins on November 14th.:goodvibes

STAY TUNED -

UP NEXT:
What is am packing in my suitcase in preparation for high temps in the upper 50's and lows in the upper 40's and
what's this clothing material I am hearing about called Fleece??

&
Cheers

Great job on the weight loss! That's an amazing amount of weight to drop. Congratulations.

Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while. I need to go back and catch up.

Your plans for NorCal sounds great. So many options! The Wine Train is something that I'd love to get on. We drove in Napa when we were there. The Wine Train would have been much more fun!!

Have a great 4 days away and enjoy your little R&R.

Wow what an amazing journey so far and Kudos to you for sticking with it..

Ladybug is soo cute! and lucky she has you to keep her nice and trim!

Looking forward to more..

Great job on the weight loss! That's an amazing amount of weight to drop. Congratulations.

Sorry I haven't checked in here for a while. I need to go back and catch up.

Oh hey - no worries!!:goodvibes I am havng a blast getting all caught up on yours - I tell ya what.....you take FAB pics!!:thumbsup2

Your plans for NorCal sounds great. So many options! The Wine Train is something that I'd love to get on. We drove in Napa when we were there. The Wine Train would have been much more fun!!

Have a great 4 days away and enjoy your little R&R.

It has been quite a journey for me these last 6 weeks of so & YES - I am loooooooooking sooooooooooo forward to a little bit of much needed R&R before I make that turn down the homestretch & onward to this adventure......that's now 1,368 hours away - but hey.....who is countin'?:lmao:

Wow what an amazing journey so far and Kudos to you for sticking with it..

Ladybug is soo cute! and lucky she has you to keep her nice and trim!

Looking forward to more..

Ladybug :tongue:
thanks you for the compliment -

She & I just have this wonderful bond that has really taken off now that we are really getting into cardio - with her trying to also get into Core excercises (lifting weights).
The only downfall is I have to momentarily stop my Core and remind her that its a safety hazard - to which she scampers off and finds something else in the Rec room to 'lift.' It's too funny to watch as I know she means well.
(don't worry - I ALWAYS make sure she is in front of me & away from the Universal Weight machine when I am doing my Core workouts)

And speaking of her & I and what we are doing.....

I have a surprise for all of you who are kind enough to be reading this travel / weight loss blog.:)

and that is -popcorn::

Starting DECEMBER 1st, she and I will HAVE 'THE BIG REVEAL'!!

DUM-DA-DUM DA!!:eek:

DUN-DA-DUM DA-DAAAAAAAA!!!!!:woohoo:

- We will BOTH be broadcasting our weight -
meaning how much we weighed at the very beginning of all this
as well as our current weight.

and the coolest part of all -
be on the lookout for both of us to begin in 60 days to start posting pics of us as I am also trying to have a few pics of us together as well.

Can't wait until the start of this adventure when you will also be seeing FULL LENGHT pics of me!!:woohoo:
- (it just feels like I have been literally re-born since I have lost all this weight - I have more energy & just feel so appreciative and humbled to be alive & given this opportunity now to see the world in a whole new way) -

Allrightee -
until Next Wednesday.

&
Cheers

Glad you're enjoying the TR. Thanks for the photo compliment. :blush:

Your pics just seems to POP and holds the reader's attention combined with your story - well......it feels like I am THERE with you.:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Besides.........you know a lot about San Fran and I have learned a lot about that city from you - THANKS.:goodvibes

(I can't wait to see this Disney movie!! Just approx. 5 more weeks & it opens up to theatres nationwide in the States!!)
Hmmm.....I just 'wonder' what movie I am referring to.......

ANYWHO -
Recently, I am noticing more and more people approaching me and asking me how I stay motivated in regards to my new lifestyle changes and such. I haven't really paid that much attention to it as it is so second nature to me know but -

since a lot of you are nice enough to read my travel / weight loss blog, I thought I would be kind enough to put some thoughts about this subject on paper.

And again, these are random thought that I thought I would piece together so here goes nothing.:artist:

Do you remember as a kid (the first 20 years of your life) and what you were doing?? Seriously - think back to that time.......from all the thoughts, sounds and smells.

What was it like for you?? What new things were you experiencing?? What new people were you inner acting with?? What were you eating?? Drinking??

Now -

flash forward a few years.
and into that 'bad';) thing called ADULTHOOD.

Married.
Job.
Career.:coffee:
Kids??
BUSY WORK SCHEDULE.:upsidedow

NO TIME.:mad:
EATING ON THE RUN.

POOR EATING / DRINKING HABITS.:sick:

Now, get that visual in your mind.:crazy2:

Before you know it, you wake up one day &
*** BAM!! ***

You see yourself in the mirror and the image that you see isn't what you saw of yourself as a kid.

You combine that with so many other things in your life and your visualness of your image just doesn't help the situation out one bit either.

SO what started out as me losing weight to improve the look of myself in the mirror has really blossomed into so many other reasons -

With the main one not only being for health reasons, but to also lose weight as a way to return to those fun filled days of the first 20 years of my life.

MEANING -
There are sooooooo many things now that I can do again or
in some cases -

do for the very first time.:thumbsup2

** AND IT FEELS GREAT!! **:cool1:

I mean, to NO LONGER:
1) feel frightened about having to face the real threat of having to ask an airline steward for an seat belt extender when I board that plane late next month.
1a) FYI - did you know that when I fly on a plane that I have NO SEALT BELT LEFT OVER when I snap it to my torso?? AND I had to really struggle to just get it to click together?? THAT'S how fat I was. ** UGH **

2) feel embarrassed in feeling CRAMMED into a Disney park attraction ride - like SPLASH MOUNTAIN or any other attraction.:thumbsup2

** Yes, I was having fun that day but GHEESSH-LA-WEESH!! Was I EVER CRAMMED into that LOG!! **
Heyyy!!! PSSTT!!! I think the little kid & her Mother behind me were DEF freakin out wondering who WAS THIS person in front of them!! - LOL **

3) have to refer to myself as being "Pooh-sized," "Fluffy," "Husky," "Big-Guy," etc.

4) have to struggle just to find clothes that fit me.
4a) have to wear pants that have an elastic waist band.

5) feel bad when I eat something decadent like 1/2 a candy bar for dessert once a week with my meal instead of my usual healthy dessert.

6) can't keep up with Ladybug. :tongue:
6a) Who is VERY GRACIOUS in allowing me to use her as a live barbell now when I do lunges to the tunes of a song that you just gotta read on for more details it's too funny.;)

7) have to feel embarrassed about seeing myself in a full length mirror

8) feel embarrassed about having a FULL SHOT of me taken in a picture or video.

INSTEAD -
This is what I have in store for me over these next months:

1) being able to sit COMFORTABLY in an airline seat with plenty of room to spare next month.

2) being able to have fun on this SO CAL adventure since I would have budgeted 12 pounds vacation weight so if I gain back 10-12 pounds, the net gain would be ZERO.

3) Be able to see Edinburgh Castle's "Military Tattoo" in Aug.

4) Be able to ZIP-LINE while out in Catalina Island December next year.
4a) I am sooooo looking forward to this!!

5) Hot air balloon ride December 2015 while out in Napa Valley.

6) Take a bicycle tour of Golden Gate Bridge December 2015.

7) I have slated approx. May-July 2014 of buying me a Bicycle and beginning to bike ride with Ladybug.

8) other things I desire to experience are things like a future adventure into Alaska, sky diving, hang gliding, hiking and or camping in the mountains no higher than 11K feet, etc.
etc, etc, etc.:goodvibes

These are the reasons why I feel I owe a HUGE debt of gratitude not only to the LIVE WELL TV NETWORK, but also to Ali Vincent, her Mother and of course to Greg Aiello. :goodvibes

THEY are the ones who inspired me -:thanks:
(and of course where would I be without Ms. Ladybug) -

SO YES - fair to say, that be on the lookout now for my adventure blogs to change a little now a be more of the outdoorsy kind with yours truly seriously exploring whole new worlds and having fun meeting new people along the way.
(will I find my "Minnie Mouse" and have more people in my home?? Don't know) -

So, in short:rotfl2:
(ok.....did I write a novel here or what?? - LOL)

My lifestyle has changed and I refuse to go back to the old one. It was nice but I find it to be totally unacceptable to my body and I vow to better take care of my heart as well as my mind, soul and inner self.:)

and with that, how about the story about me holding up Ladybugpaw:
while I am doing lunges with her in our rec room.....all the while lip synching to her to words to the song I accidently tripped into on my I-pod and made all of this come together as one funny visual........

that and my weight loss totals, BMI & more.

STAY TUNED -

T.T.F.N.:wave:
& CHeers

So it was about a few weeks back when Ladybug was being her usual self in the Rec Room when all of a sudden, I had to get up and out of the Leg Press area and help her with an issue.

Just then, up popped a song on my I-pod shuffle........

Ok.....need to explain a little something here about my I-pod shuffle and the choice of music I have on it.:rolleyes1

I have a WIDE RANGE of music on it (2,400 songs) that rang anywhere from 20's, 30's, 40's, 50s, 60s, 70, 80's, 90's music, todays hits on up, to Musicals, Movie theme songs, top 40, Country, College football fight songs, International, Caribbean music, Jimmy Buffett, Classic Rock, Muppet music, Radio Disney,....you name it - it's on there.

SO anywho -
as I was picking up Ladybug (I was just dripping with sweat), lo and behold - up popped "Doin' the Pidgeon" by Bert.:goodvibes

** AS IN BERT AND ERNIE FROM SESAME STREET **:p

Just then , I got a visual of Bert singing 'that song' and ......
well.......

a fantastic idea POPPED into my head.:idea:

I.....
well.......

I proceeded to use Ladybug as a live barbell while lip synching the words to her of the song....all the while doing lunges!!:thumbsup2

She was such a good sport about this and allowed me to do this for about 5 or so lunges before she just gave me that look.......:rolleyes:

followed quickly by a look of "REALLY??? turning her head sideways as if to frown at me and say, "RREEAALLYYY":upsidedow

So, soon the joys of using a live barbell were over but not to give up so easily, she and I have now incorporated this into our weekly Core / Cardio workouts.:lmao:
...with me finishing up my lunges workout AFTER I set down my Live Barbell.:goodvibes

Hey.....don't knock it until ya try it.;)

(and afterwards, I get on one knee as she puts her 'hand' out into mine....which is her way of showing that all is well with what we are doing) -

THANK YOU LADYBUG & BERT!!:cheer2:

So between that and....
no wait!

I have better news to say this week -:goodvibes
(Psst!!!! I just dropped another pants size!!)
...surprised me as well!! Happened just 2 days ago.

I am VERY PROUD TO SAY
that here are

My weight loss totals ending week #15 = 5.0 pounds:woohoo:
(through Monday November 4th)

Total overall weight lost = :wish80
PLUS 2.1 = :tinker: 82.1 pounds!!
- (got 23 more pounds to lose) -

MY BMI: Currently at 27.9:thumbsup2

AND

NOW -
as an extra BONUS......

- LADYBUG -paw:

** SHE IS NOW AT A 2.2 POUND WEIGHT LOSS **party:

I am so so so soooooo proud of her in regards of her weight loss journey as well as what we are doing together to not only lose weight but keep it off as well.

So between all this and me buying some Pounds (OUCH - YA DON'T WANNA KNOW THE CONVERSION RATE!!) for when I head off to Great Britain in a few more months, it has been quite a busy week for yours truely.

Looking forward to next Thursday through Monday.:yay:
Will take pics and video where I can.

P.S. ** GO RUBEN STUDDARD!! ** STAY STRONG **I BELIEVE IN YOU**

&
Cheers

***** KINDA A LONG POST *****
Ok....have you ever been in a situation to where at the last minute, things just suddenly begin to come together??:confused3

Well - this is what is occurring with my upcoming adventure into SO CAL.
So, what better way than to take a small break from the weight loss side of this blog than to swing back and talk about what Yours Truly will be up to when I venture out into LALA land and company in just 1,200 more hours.:woohoo:
(I WILL BE A FIRST TIME VISITOR INTO SO CAL) -

First up,
I just found out 2 FREAKIN' days ago that we are having issues with one of our workers and her pregnancy leave, etc. RRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
(I was under the assumption that her leave was Oct 12-th thru Nov 12th hence the reason why I opted to take Nov 14th-17th off)

Ah well.....
NO WORRIES -

So, I knew 'the handwriting was on the wall" about me taking leave late this week so instead, I fought to have my leave be increased late next month to........

14 DAYS!!!!!:yay:
AND THEY SAID YES!!:woohoo:

Now, this got me to a thinkin' about what to do and such, so without further adieu, here is a rough outline on what I will be up to:
(FYI - I am budgeting 12 pounds for this adventure so if I gain UP TO 10-12 pounds back, then next gain would be zero) -:goodvibes

Ok......let me back up a wee bit and explain about these last 23 pounds I wanna lose -

They consist of the following: 13 pounds actual I wanna lose &
10 pounds 'vacation weight"
-(I always lose 10-12 pounds right b 4 any vacations I go on....this way any weight I happen to gain back, the net effect is literally in essence zero) -

Hope that makes sense with whatever I should gain back (UP TO 10 pounds while on this adventure) plus whatever I have left to lose b 4 I head off to this, I will complete IN January /February with my 'after care' starting thereafter....which if you will I am already doing so I don't anticipate any issues.:goodvibes

ANYWHO -
1) 2-days prior - head out to Subway (love their sandwiches!:thumbsup2) OR I-HOP to grab some MUCH DESIRED pancakes, etc (I would considered that to be a treat if I wind up choosing I-HOP over Subway) - chill out /relax for the rest of the day while getting in both Cardio and Core workouts twice what I feel will be a very nice day.

I may slip in seeing the movie, "Saving Mr Banks" OR if not, then I will see it once I come back from this adventure and while enjoying my 2 POST DAYS relaxing and chillin' out back at home B 4 I have to go back into that dreaded word, REALITY.;)

2) 1-day prior - finish up my Cardio and Core exercises, fix a small bite to eat, drop off Ladybug at "her hotel" (she is scheduled for a mani-pedi, bath while I am away, etc), then head out to the Cavanaugh Flight museum, "Magic Time Machine" restaurant - then chill out back at home with a nice cup or two of hot cocoa while watching the Disney movie, "Monsters University."

** THIS VACATION IS BOOKED THRU YMT VACATIONS.COM AND SOME THINGS YOU WILL SEE I WILL PUT AN ASTERICK BY SAYING 'NOT BOOKED THRU YMT" **

3) DAY ONE -
Head off to where I work at & take a taxi in to DFW around 5:30am for a 7am 'ish' flight into LAX -

Get acquainted with the hotel and the general surroundings (believe my part of the tour group will be housed at Mariott LAX), relax over a nice cardio and core workout in their workout facilities followed by learning more about what to expect on this vacation at either YMT's 2pm or 7pm Orientation /briefing.

-(There will be approx 1,200 people on this tour; hence the reason for the above as we will be taking up 4 hotels throughout this vacation):cool2: -

Begin to celebrate a wee bit about paying ahead on my mortgage on my wieght loss later on that evening.

4). DAY 2 -
This will be the very first time IN THE LONGEST TIME I will be wearing pants as I anticipate all throughout this vacation, the temperatures will be highs in the upper 50's and lows in the upper 40's with a 15-20 MPH 'ish' wind.

Today will be spent having fun seeing my very first PREZ Library (YMT VACATIONS 'OPTIONAL TOUR')
followed by seeing the ROSE BOWL Float barns. Then I feel the evening will be spent being a pool rat, etc while celebrating my BIRTHDAY - where?? Back at the hotel but.....haven't yet figured out ALL the details.:scratchin
Wine tasting????? :p

Finish the day w/a good Cardio & Core workout in the hotel gym facility.

5). DAY 3 -
this day will have me be out & about having fun seeing the sights and sounds of LALA land before we 'head in' for an early evening.
(I hope to find a place to grab a bite to eat /drink there & celebrate my weight loss, etc).

ME??

well.......

I figure I just "nneeeddd" to do 1 or 2 hotel NYE party hoppin' b 4 I call it a day.....get in a 90 minute nap then get up, get ready for.......

6). DAY 4 -
*** THE GRAND DADDY OF DEM ALL ***
****** THE ROSE BOWL PARADE******* and......
the pre-Rose Bowl Hospitality festivities followed by .......

****THE ROSE BOWL GAME ****

(Psstttt!!!! GO STANFORD!!)

Get back to the hotel LATE
Chill out at the hotel Sports bar:p.........
Hmmmmm....wine tasting?????:scratchin

Unfortunately, no gym workout.

7). DAY 5 -

Wake up and feel like a Vampire.......
Not wait....
feel like a cement truck just ran over me:rotfl:
and
scramble out the door by 9:30am for a nice stroll up to see the sights and sounds of San Luis Obispo /Pismo Beach:beach:
via Santa Barbara (we will be stopping off for a while to see the Santa Barbara Mission).
Hmmmmm....wine tasting??:p
see Solvang; checkout their bakery and hmmmm.....mabey taste their wine as well??;)

Get in A LOT of walking around excercise this day.

8). DAY 6 -
** CITY OF MONTEREY **:goodvibes
** HEARST CASTLE ** YYEEAA!!
** HIGHWAY ONE ** YYEEAA!!

Cardio workout??

9). DAY 7 -
This day will be spent with me seeing the 17 mile drive area as we slowly make our way onto the city by the Bay -
**** SAN FRANCISCO **** YYEEAA!!!!

Upon arrival, we will have a city tour with me going just completely banannas (knowing me) actually treating myself to a milkshake at......

YUP - you Guessed it -

GHIRARDELI's via Pier 39
followed BEFORE hand of me LIGHTLY noshing here and there at various
restaurants.
Will I find my CHICKEN WAFFLE????

**Cardio / Core workout is a "must do" this day. **
get showered, cleaned up & then
Relax later in a nice hot bubblebath in my hotel room b 4 callin' it a day.

10). DAY 8 -
1)**AM ALCATRAZ TOUR**

* NOT BOOKED THRU YMT
2)PM TOUR OF CHINA TOWN; booked thru "Local Tastes of the City Tours"

FYI - I will be riding the trolley system for the very first time on this day as our tour group will be meeting in front of the Chinatown gate at the corner of Bush and Grant streets. The tour is about three hours.

Some of the places we will see -

Enjoy Dim Sum from Chinatown's Oldest Bakery
See How Fortune Cookies are Made
Explore the Real Chinatown
Savor Chinese Teas
Explore the Beat Generation Hangouts
Mosey into Authentic Western Saloons
Indulge in Delcious Pizza and Wine

Get back late and throw myself into my hotel room bathtub for a relaxing bubblebath b 4 calling it a day.

11). DAY 9:

OPTIONAL TOUR THRU YMT VACATIONS -
I am wanting to sign up for SAUSALITO & MUIR WOODS all day tour!!:thumbsup2
If not available, then I will opt in for all day tour of Napa Valley.

Cardio / Core workout in the hotel gym facility later on that day followed by some late night out at Fisherman's Wharf area
(Hmmmm....will I find that 'elusive' CHICKEN WAFFLE??????)............
STAY TUNED -

12). DAY 10
**** AKA , "DEPARTURE DAY" ****
:eek:........:sick:.........:headache:.............:mad:....................

BUT WAIT!!!!

I have a habit of turning 'these days' into adventures as well

Take a wild guess what I am up to on this day??
and boy do I ever push it to the limits when it comes to wringing every drop of fun outta my vacations thus I always have a strange and unique way of turning them into adventures.

DETAILS COMING UP WEDNESDAY
along with have in store for L.B. & I when we see each other (back in the DFW area) after all of this while we enjoy our 2 POST DAYS without any thought of returning to that dreaded word.....REALITY just yet.

Travel Docs get mailed out to me in 16 more days!! WOO - HOO!!
and
yes.....I love to collect lanyard pins when I vacation so LOOK OUT vendors!! - LOL.

P.S.
My wine tasting out at Grapevine, Tx (for Saturday Nov 16th) is being rescheduled for late April / early May as part of my 3-day fun getting geared up for my adventures n London & Scotland & yes - feel free to follow along on that travel blog with the blog address you listed below.

FYI - My most fav #1 wine of dem all is:
(only in Ireland)

&
Cheers

Good for you for sticking with your weight loss goals and having the motivation to do so.

I think you might need to post before and after shots. :thumbsup2

And it seems like swings and roundabouts in regards to your leave. Glad you worked it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter