Must-have foods ...

For a meal, I always have to get the Jambalaya from the French Market on every trip.

Tigger Tail - for those who asked - is 4 marshmallows on a stick, dipped in caramel, then dipped in orange colored white chocolate, drizzled with milk chocolate to look like Tigger's tail. This is a must have for my son. Personall I prefer the same thing but dipped in fudge instead of the orange chocolate. These are back at the sweet shop in Critter Country next to Pooh's ride.

Love the White Chocolate Rasberrry cookies from the Market House on Main Street and you can also get them in Greetings in DCA.

And a new treat, the Firehouse 105, from the small ice cream window that is rarely open. It's on the opposite side of Main Street from Gibson Girl. The Firehouse 105 is chocolate and vanilla ice cream with hot fudge and marshmallow syrup (not really a syrup but I can't remember exactly what it is)
with whip cream and cherry. Yummy!

Also love any of the skewers from Bengal BBQ, especially the bacon wrapped asparagus.

Mmm those Tiger Tails sounds yummy. I'm sure my kids will love it. I'll have to get one on our trip. :)

Where are the Mickey Pretzels that everyone is talking about?

For us, we always get the gumbo from the Royal Street Veranda. Churros are also another tradition. I love the Dole Whips too but we don't get them that often because the lines are usually so long.

Dole Whips are :banana: :cheer2:

and since no one else has mentioned them yet, there is a cart in DCA that sells fresh strawberries (and other fruits I think) with a chocolate dipping cup.

BTW: You can also get the Mickey Pretzel including the cheesy & jalepeno versions with a ice cold beer at the beer wagon in DCA. Warm, soft pretzels with a cold beer on a hot summer day... pixiedust: :worship:

Dole Whips
Anything from the Bengal BBQ
The Rancho del Zocalo Restuarante located next to Thunder Mountain in Frontierland has some tasty and filling mexican food.
Also some of the dishes at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port next to Space Mountain were very yummy, even picky DD(2) ate there!

Most of this stuff is sounding very good to me, but then again I'm pregnant! ;)

Also, I think this thread is potentially dangerous...aren't we just making the lines longer by sharing this info? :crowded: :rotfl:

Well, my 9 days consisted of caramel apples, honey pots, apple pie poppers, churros, caramel apple wedges, and the monte crisco. Back to the gym!!!

pixleyyy said:
Besides bacon wrapped asparagus :eek:, what else does Bengal Barbecue have?

DH loved the fruit parfait, he stood in line more than once to get it! It's really good and has, if I remember correctly, cake, strawberries, custard & maybe whipped cream all together in a little cup. Really sweet, but yummy.

I love any of the kabobs that they have, and will definitely try the bacon wrapped asparagus next time!

Pregnancy makes me crazy for food! :hyper:

mesabravo said:
Well, my 9 days consisted of caramel apples, honey pots, apple pie poppers, churros, caramel apple wedges, and the monte crisco. Back to the gym!!!

What are honey pots?

Honey popcorn that is kind of like caramel corn. They come in these cute honey pot shaped buckets.

Honey pots are mickey heads filled with caramel. They are sold in a box throughout the store. We accidentally bought a box and have been hooked ever since. They cost about $9.95. I brought 6 boxes home. Oops!

Bengal also has chicken skewers, beef skewers (both spicy and with a sweet sauce), veggie skewers, and bread sticks. It's a fave of mine, but unfortunately, not the most filling of places (actually, I do get full, but it doesn't stick with me that long).

Honey pots are caramel? Okay. Now I have another treat to try! My SILs have threatened me with trips to Disneyland just to eat our way through. lol.

mesabravo said:
Honey pots are mickey heads filled with caramel. They are sold in a box throughout the store. We accidentally bought a box and have been hooked ever since. They cost about $9.95. I brought 6 boxes home. Oops!
*drool*

Yes, the Mickey pretzels are great!! We also like pickles, so we kept buying pickles at all the carts. Yummy!!!

Unless I missed it nobody said Monte Cristo and a mint julep from Blue Bayou? Wow!

:teeth: pirate: :teeth:

We find the best food is over a DCA- we're especially fond of the Taste Pilot's Grill- those fries are to die for! In DL I have a weakness for the deep fried cheesecake at Blue Bayou... and any number of things served upstairs, of course! While it may be goofy, I also like the mint julep served in NO Square. :)

I was really disappointed when I tried the dole whip. It was an awful lot of hype for pineapple soft serve.

hey....where do i get mickey shaped sourdough bread? i love sourdough but it is just not as good here as it is in california!!! :coffee:

got2travel said:
Tigger Tail - for those who asked - is 4 marshmallows on a stick, dipped in caramel, then dipped in orange colored white chocolate, drizzled with milk chocolate to look like Tigger's tail.
:eek: I think my sweet tooth just had a coronary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter